Submit

Peplums?
  They're cute.
  They ugly.
  It depends.
View Results

Umpenscrump

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:15 am
I personally think they're one of the more questionable things in fashion, although I'll admit I've seen them done a couple of times where they looked nice. Most of the time, however, I think they're not done in a way that accentuates ladies nicely, whether it be unusual placement or just plain weird proportions, or perhaps it's mostly meant for a particular body type, such as apples. I particularly have a hard time liking them when they're attached to a skirt or dress, like they were slapped on last minute.
So what do you think about peplums?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:18 pm
Wow, this is my first time hearing about this. The more you learn from Gaia. From what I've looked up some of them are cute but not for me. I just don’t like shirts, dresses that have material that stick out.  

Beth Phoenix23

Beloved Gaian

11,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 pm
I actually didn't know those things had a name. I've seen them before but didn't know what to call them.
For me, I don't necessarily like or dislike them. I think they look cute on some clothing and just plain stupid on others. I think they mainly look good on shirts. Dresses are kind of weird, having your dress poof out in the middle and then continue in the same color. For a shirt, it poofs out and then ends, and you can wear a different color bottom underneath, which looks better in my opinion. I think it'd only look good on a dress that has details in other areas. Solid color plain dresses that only have the flare just look really weird to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:40 pm
Those look okay, but I just wouldn't wear such a thing. I like more poofy dresses with petticoats and such. (Sweet Lolita)  

hanakoe

Dapper Raider

Umpenscrump

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:54 pm
Yokies
I actually didn't know those things had a name. I've seen them before but didn't know what to call them.
For me, I don't necessarily like or dislike them. I think they look cute on some clothing and just plain stupid on others. I think they mainly look good on shirts. Dresses are kind of weird, having your dress poof out in the middle and then continue in the same color. For a shirt, it poofs out and then ends, and you can wear a different color bottom underneath, which looks better in my opinion. I think it'd only look good on a dress that has details in other areas. Solid color plain dresses that only have the flare just look really weird to me.

I agree. I prefer them coming off of shirts or jackets. The ones on dresses don't look right to me. Skirts are iffy.
I don't know. I guess with skirts and dresses it looks like they're wearing a mini skirt over another skirt, or in some cases it looks like they have shark fins.
And those dresses that look like a two piece suit. Those are also pretty cute since you can't really see where the peplum attaches.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:08 pm
OpaniFare

Yeah that's kind of what it looks like to me, a big ol' fin of sorts.
A skirt is probably just as weird as a dress to me, but at least it's still separate from the top I suppose. But really, your skirt doesn't need a skirt lol.

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500

Artemitus

Sarcastic Sweetheart

15,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:22 am
Well what Peplum is meant for, is to give you more of a waste and to give the illusion of more curves. So its perfect if you have little curves and want to make it look like you have some or more. The thing is , that you really need to find a piece that’s made well, because if its not, Peplum does tend to look strange. Also i think its not always the best idea to wear Peplum if you already have naturally wonderful curves.it just tend to make you look a bit too curvy. Si if you already have nice curves, wear a nice fitted dress to show them off, but if you have more of a straight figure and feel like curing it up, a nice Peplum top or dress can be just the thing. <3

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games