Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Literate Spam Guild

Back to Guilds

The original literate chatterbox. 

Tags: Literate, Spam, Lick, Suck, Gulp 

Reply The Literate Spam Guild
So, I'm thinking about seeing a psychiatrist.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~
  ~
View Results

Lord-of-the-flies

Wealthy Capitalist

5,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:35 pm
I've been severely, almost cripplingly, depressed for as long as I can remember, and recently it's become so bad that I've had long sessions of thoughts of ending my own life -- obviously I know that's not the answer, and I would never do it, but I have thought about it for extended periods of time.

I'm really no where in life, nor does it appear that I have the ability to move forward from here. I feel that there's some road block in my mind that's preventing me from getting anywhere in life, and I need to see if perhaps professional help can help me unlock that.

All I know right now is that it's kicking my a** hard, and I feel absolutely worthless.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:09 pm
I am not sure if you are near that Lone Star place anymore. It was not bad of a drive, but I know they can do a sliding scale for you. I would try giving them a call or see if other places are closer to you that can provide the same option.  

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:45 pm
I say go for it. It could be just the push you need to get over that mental hurdle and feel better.
And I hope you do feel better! Depression sucks and feeling worthless sucks even more.
So any help you can get to feel better, even if it's only a little, is well worth it!

I know it isn't much hearing it from some stranger on the internet,
but I think you're awesome and most certainly NOT worthless and I know you'll get past this road block!
I'm rootin' for ya, kiddo! <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:54 pm
Do it. If you don't see results initially, search for a therapist you mesh with. Sometimes treatment is provider dependent. I have had some excellent therapists, and some crappy ones.

I hope you are able to work through this. I do understand where you are coming from and you are strong enough to know that suicide is not the answer, so you are already one step in the right direction. Best of luck.  

Arianah

The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff