Reply 22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise
Wonders of insomia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roxxy v2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:39 am
I don't know what it is about me and sleep. I typically don't go to bed until I'm really tired, which generally means in the morning. It started after I left Job Corps last month and for the first time had no sleep schedule. It started with me being up till around two. Then it was three. Now it is around four thirty. I usually get eight hours, but I have fatigue problems anyway. On nights like tonight when I go to bed early, I wake up after around four hours tired but completely unable to sleep. I lack energy, which will murder me when my college term starts, the staying up drives my grandma insane, and I'm claiming weight because of it and I was obese to begin with. What a wonderful thing insomnia is.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:19 am
Moving to the health sub heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

Roxxy v2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:21 am
Sorry. I didn't notice we had one of those.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:28 pm
I know you have probably heard this a hundred times before but... exercise!

This is honestly the most healthy answer, and yes it sucks. I am overweight too and can feel you on that. Its such a pain sometimes and with a busy life its hard to make time. My advice it is to start with walks. Just take a walk after dinner, go around the block a few times, what ever. NEVER run around right before sleep, it wakes up your mind. On that note, if you have time to jog down the street and back right after breakfast, do it! It will help you feel more alert and wake up. This should help with the not being able to sleep through a full 8 hours and give you more energy.

Now to address the waking up. Make sure you don't do anything in your bed but sleep. Not studying, no reading, no laptop, nothing. This will reteach your brain that bed is for sleep. If you do these things it will cause your brain to suddenly kick into gear when you lay down, as it expects to be doing something in the bed.

As far as not being able to sleep at a reasonable time, the only thing I can think of is to try a little pill called Melatonin. Your brain makes it automatically so its not putting harsh chemicals in your body. This is what tells your brain its time to sleep. Its cheap, you dont need a perscription and I use it on a nightly basis.

hope that helps!  

out of controll

Lady Warlord

22,225 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers