Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
A Spiritual War Is Raging

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:35 pm
A Spiritual War Is Raging

If you don't believe it you only need to visit our chatterbox recruitment thread. You will see a hostility that goes beyond
just disagreeing with the Bible is God's word, or as an expression of disbelief. It affirms the words of Jesus:

Remember what I told you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. (John 15:20)

If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you (John 15:19)

[Working link April 5th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:03 am
Thought of today's daily bread
http://mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+4:1-11,+1+Corinthians+10:12-13  

ChibiHigh

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:44 am

Thank you for sharing this in response to the topic. smile Often when we are confronted with extreme hostility we are tempted to respond in kind. We should see it for what is is; a temptation, and avoid responding with evil to answer evil.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:57 pm
A lot of things happening there. Mostly bumps.  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm
Garland-Green

it took you till now to see it?
the war on Christianity has been on since 33 AD
its simple getting stronger and stronger.
today.....people are SOOO blind and brainwashed into thinking that Christians are only judgmental and foolish men and woman who worship an imaginary thing that they cannot even properly communicate. ANYTHING but a christian has freedom in this world

general shino
The Desu-est
general shino
The Desu-est
general shino

XD XD XD XD XD XD XD anyone else catch all that
fking halarious XD
you do realize that you are doing EXACTLY what you are preaching against?
you hate the ignorance....yet you are being incredibly ignorant about religion. its that exact same thing that I only just seconds ago said....I really dont know what else to say.....this is just too funny XD
thank you so much XD
I don't see anything like that in the history of this conversation.

Stick to your fairy tales, because you're obviously not mentally mature enough to dabble in logic.

O_o?....you dont see it....that is either more funny...or just sad

but just because I am nice....I will point it out for you

Religion is all made up, and that's a fact, not an opinion.
THAT is your opinion......and yes...you have the right to have that opinion....
but still....its that opinion that you are presenting as fact. its an INCREDIBLY ignorant view that is just the same as any religious nut
"I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!!"
its the core of ALL the worlds problems.... its the worst kind of ignorance.....just because culture today encourages you do act in this way doesn't make it right its still ignorant by my account and I am hoping yours...but you might be too self righteous to see that
there is no difference between your method of thinking and the KKK's or the mormon's or the terrorists.
you take your opinion and state it as fact
the KKK have the opinion that those who are black are worth less. and they truly believe that....and yes...they present it as fact. the nazi's presented their opinion as FACT they were the master race...in their mind it was impossible to be different. mormons have the opinion that they CANNOT be wrong, that is their ""fact""
you getting this so far or are you plugging your ears and just sitting in your ignorance......cause your ignorance kinda smells bad >.<
Story Time is over. You seriously need to get some fresh air from that religion. The truth is that religion is made up. It's not an opinion. A man of religion, a priest told me so himself. A man of God told me himself that religion is made up, but he prefers to live by the morals. That is what religion was SUPPOSED to be.

wow....even after that.....lol ignorance it is then....
LOL XD
though before you go just let me say that I do love the avi....very pretty ^w^
though really you should learn to read and open your mind....take a breath outside of that ignorance and maybe you can get the point....lol
oh...and who the hell said I am religious?

do you notice how this Desu'est person seems completely incapable of seeing that they are doing what they are doing?
that red highlighted part is their direct quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Thank you for sharing this in response to the topic. smile Often when we are confronted with extreme hostility we are tempted to respond in kind. We should see it for what is is; a temptation, and avoid responding with evil to answer evil.

No problem 3nodding IDK but I feel this year is going to be one of the most challenging yet, and not just for me it seems. Not sure it's 'cuz I'm doing a good job following God's word or 'cuz the devil thinks I'm an easy target lol. But be safe everyone  

ChibiHigh

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:40 pm
kesuke uchiha
Garland-Green

it took you till now to see it?
the war on Christianity has been on since 33 AD
its simple getting stronger and stronger.
today.....people are SOOO blind and brainwashed into thinking that Christians are only judgmental and foolish men and woman who worship an imaginary thing that they cannot even properly communicate. ANYTHING but a christian has freedom in this world

general shino
The Desu-est
general shino
The Desu-est
I don't see anything like that in the history of this conversation.

Stick to your fairy tales, because you're obviously not mentally mature enough to dabble in logic.

O_o?....you dont see it....that is either more funny...or just sad

but just because I am nice....I will point it out for you

Religion is all made up, and that's a fact, not an opinion.
THAT is your opinion......and yes...you have the right to have that opinion....
but still....its that opinion that you are presenting as fact. its an INCREDIBLY ignorant view that is just the same as any religious nut
"I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG!!"
its the core of ALL the worlds problems.... its the worst kind of ignorance.....just because culture today encourages you do act in this way doesn't make it right its still ignorant by my account and I am hoping yours...but you might be too self righteous to see that
there is no difference between your method of thinking and the KKK's or the mormon's or the terrorists.
you take your opinion and state it as fact
the KKK have the opinion that those who are black are worth less. and they truly believe that....and yes...they present it as fact. the nazi's presented their opinion as FACT they were the master race...in their mind it was impossible to be different. mormons have the opinion that they CANNOT be wrong, that is their ""fact""
you getting this so far or are you plugging your ears and just sitting in your ignorance......cause your ignorance kinda smells bad >.<
Story Time is over. You seriously need to get some fresh air from that religion. The truth is that religion is made up. It's not an opinion. A man of religion, a priest told me so himself. A man of God told me himself that religion is made up, but he prefers to live by the morals. That is what religion was SUPPOSED to be.

wow....even after that.....lol ignorance it is then....
LOL XD
though before you go just let me say that I do love the avi....very pretty ^w^
though really you should learn to read and open your mind....take a breath outside of that ignorance and maybe you can get the point....lol
oh...and who the hell said I am religious?

do you notice how this Desu'est person seems completely incapable of seeing that they are doing what they are doing?
that red highlighted part is their direct quote

We were at one point very much like them... I know I was.
Let us remind ourselves not to be bitter at them, because they live in darkness and can not understand the light, but that
we are blessed to suffer for what is right, even charges against
us that are untrue. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:46 pm
ChibiHigh

No problem 3nodding IDK but I feel this year is going to be one of the most challenging yet, and not just for me it seems. Not sure it's 'cuz I'm doing a good job following God's word or 'cuz the devil thinks I'm an easy target lol. But be safe everyone

User Image

Be alert, and remember:

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Look for the way out when you are tempted. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:48 pm
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh

User Image

Be alert, and remember:

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Look for the way out when you are tempted. smile

Nice quote, and that fits perfectly considering that many people on this page seem to be going through something at this moment  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:43 pm
Jude pretty much sums up the fight we Christians have been going through since the days of Christ. It will only end until God comes back to end time and begin eternity.

7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 pm
FAITHFUL FRIENDSHIP
by David Wilkerson
[May 19, 1931 – April 27, 2011]

If you are a follower of Jesus—if you are now in the
blood lineage of
Christ—Satan will try to bring into your life someone
to destroy everything
godly in you!

Right now, you may be thinking, "Wait a minute! I
don't want to start doubting
my friends or suddenly become suspicious of
them." If they are true friends,
knit to your heart in the Spirit of Christ, you have
nothing to fear in
examining your relationships with them. You should
look at all your friendships
in the light of Scripture.

It is easy to determine whether your close
friendships are of God, or if they
have been planted by the enemy to destroy you.
Simply think of your best
friend, and then answer these questions:

* Does he (or she) gossip, backbite or speak evil of
others?
* Is he argumentative about Scripture, a continual
debater, never coming to
truth?
* Does he call godly people "Pharisees"?
* Do you detect in his words a spirit of
disobedience, envy or suspicion?
* Does he spew out poisonous words against his
spouse?
* Has he succeeded in planting unkind thoughts in
your mind about others?
* Have you begun to join him in spewing out
bitterness?

If your friend fits this description—and you are being
drawn farther away
from Jesus because of this friendship—then you can
know the devil has planted
that person in your life. He has the spirit of Ahab and
he has been sent to
destroy the work of Christ in you!

On the other hand, a true, godly friend will always
take the side of God's Word
in any matter, and not just your side because you
are friends. Such a friend
will not counsel you in the bitterness of sin. Instead,
he will love you enough
to tell you the truth.

“Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses
of an enemy are
deceitful” (Proverbs 27:6)

Be aware, this is already true to many. Who wants vengeance from a religious cultivation and despises who we once were before Christ (lest you had given your life from an early age. Even so, you also have this flash of emotions as well). We are not deceitful with kisses, we are the wounds of another in protection. Let us make victory and take on protection to the lost. As said:

You were once lost, but now you are lost no longer.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:17 pm
Just to add it's better to let the Scriptures speak for themselves instead of YOU standing in the way trying to defend God. razz God is a roaring Lion of Judah, better to just let Him out of the cage by His will alone. Engaging mockers, backbiters, gossipers, will only pull you down like a bear with it's prey. It'll teach us to better examine the scriptures slowly and patiently giving better results in the Ministry.  

Ratsah

Beloved Soldier

8,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Servant Reborn

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:21 pm
It's true that religion is man made. The people I speak to don't understand Christianity and religion are two separate things. If they were the same, Jesus Christ would not have made a distinction between the two.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 pm
Servant Reborn
It's true that religion is man made. The people I speak to don't understand Christianity and religion are two separate things. If they were the same, Jesus Christ would not have made a distinction between the two.

I agree with this one. Christ wasn't here to make a Religion on his behalf. Rather, He came to show the real way of Life. Not religious but by the living truth. It is said that Christ asked people to "follow him", however, He did not mean it as a religious idealism. But rather a rebith of a new beginning smile  

_Leon Camero_

Friendly Informer

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces