Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Urghhh! I love my fat a**, but it can be a pain to dress!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inquisitive Barbie Doll

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:35 pm
So, it's getting close to time for me to return to schooling of some kind/Fall is nearby. So soon it will be time to put up the shorts and reach for pants among other layered garments.

I am in desperate need of some new denim and as much as I dig skinny jeans in their own right, I really want some fit and flare (I mean legit FLARE) jeans. Preferably dark wash, but wash is not that big a deal seeing as I am perfectly capable of changing the color of them if they fit how I want. So first off it has been a pain in the a** finding that style.. the second slightly more frustrating thing though is that I have specific preferences when it comes to pants.
I'm a bigger gal, so finding pants that fit exactly how I like is a pain in the a**. My measurements are 47-36-47 but I do have a bit of tummy pudge that I like my jeans to come up over (I refuse to wear jeans that create muffin top and sit only on my hips.) which usually means I have to go up a size in whatever I choose so it hits where I want it to. With the ever popular 'low' and 'extra low' hip hugger trends you can see where further irritation comes in. -.-'

I don't give two damns about brand names, so long as I like the fit. Anyone have these same issues and have some favorite places they shop, or just in general know of some stores that sell the style I mentioned above that I could go hunt around -in store- possibly? :'D

Any and all help is appreciated, and I would love to just sit around and discuss fashion/fatshion if anyone wants to.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:30 pm
I have a big a** and jean buying is a huge pain in the a** for me. I usually have pretty good luck at American eagle, the main issue I run into with them is that they don't always carry my size in the store so I have to buy from their website which I hate doing with pants, but their sizes are pretty good about staying consistant and I tend to stay in the 12/14 range for most of their pants styles. their pants are expensive but the quality is worth it.

also stores that cater to minorities tend to have pants made for people with a good a**. and ive also had some luck at torrid the few times they have smaller sizes in stock  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Inquisitive Barbie Doll

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:01 pm
I have never before shopped in AE but ironically I and my girl were discussing this yesterday and she mentioned AE too. Haha. Guess I'll have to go take a peek at their site.

I adore torrid but the closest store we have is a pain to get to.. especially without a car.

Thank you kindly for your input! smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:09 pm
Shanna66
I have a big a** and jean buying is a huge pain in the a** for me. I usually have pretty good luck at American eagle, the main issue I run into with them is that they don't always carry my size in the store so I have to buy from their website which I hate doing with pants, but their sizes are pretty good about staying consistant and I tend to stay in the 12/14 range for most of their pants styles. their pants are expensive but the quality is worth it.

also stores that cater to minorities tend to have pants made for people with a good a**. and ive also had some luck at torrid the few times they have smaller sizes in stock

Hey I forgot to ask, what style do you generally prefer from AE? I'm scared that all the styles are just going to be far too of a low rise to cover my tummy.  

Inquisitive Barbie Doll

Fashionable Fatcat

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:37 pm
Inquisitive Barbie Doll
Shanna66

Hey I forgot to ask, what style do you generally prefer from AE? I'm scared that all the styles are just going to be far too of a low rise to cover my tummy.

I like their skinny kick the best. its just a slight flare. they are a bit low cut but not super low. they are about 3-4in below my belly button I think.

I got a dark pair in a more extreme flair from there but I cant remember what the style was called, they go almost all the way to my belly button, I only use them for work though  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:14 am
Thank you kindly! The second style sounds a bit closer to what I would like to find.  

Inquisitive Barbie Doll

Fashionable Fatcat

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces