Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[PRP] It isn't like I like you. (Mengyao & Yuzhi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:22 pm
Yuzhi wasn't seeking Mengyao out specifically but she certainly wasn't out to avoid him either. She went to hang out in place she thought would be likely for him to strut about as if he owned the place, but it wasn't for the purpose of antagonizing him. She wanted to check on him - he was one of the few handfuls of family she had left to her and it only made sense that she made sure he was alright or at least sort of functioning.

She had intended to just spy on him for a small while and then scamper off to her home with the knowledge that he was okay. Well...

Okay. She did actually want to talk to him as well but she wasn't sure how to talk to him about the things that have been bothering her. They had spent so long antagonizing each other that she almost forgot how to actually interact with him. She wasn't jealous of him or angry with him (anymore), but it had turned into a game of sorts to see who could outwit the other. At least for her it was a game.

Not that she'd admit to liking her cousin out loud or anything.

So Yuzhi now was looking about for the familiar figure of her cousin to be wandering about just so she could confirm that he was alive and then...

The gamep lan continued to form and reform in her mind as she didn't look at all where she was going.

kurotomato

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:12 pm
It had been a long time.

He was not in his little home, as he usually was, and he was not with Lifen, where he almost always was. Instead, Mengyao was pacing up and down a small path just outside of the Horseman's compound, idly waving the fan across his face. It was one of those days where nothing in particular was going on, which meant that a strong sense of boredom had overtaken the the Conquest Horseman.

A boredom that not even a walk could sate, which was disappointing. Mengyao gave a little sigh and began walking back to the reservation, making his way past several brushes, flora, and fauna until he reached the edge, stepping across to inside.

It was there that he ran, unintentionally, smack into someone.

Stumbling back a few steps rather ungracefully, Mengyao gave a soft grunt of surprise and mingled annoyance. He smoothed down the front of his robes and turned around, intending to reprimand whoever it was for not paying attention to where they were walking -

- at least until he caught sight of just who it was.

"...Yuzhi?"

Pales

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:22 pm
A seemingly immovable force caused her to stumble back with a light quiet sound surprise passing her lips. Her smaller frame almost ended up falling rear-first onto the ground but she managed to keep her delicate balance with a frantic flailing of arms and hands that thankfully didn't hit Mengyao.

Once she felt safe and like she would be remaining on her own two feet she gazed up at him, "Y..Yes, very good. You didn't forget what I looked like," she tried to wear a small grin but only managed a tiny smile which wasn't as exciting nor the expression she meant to hold when facing off against the taller figure.

"I ... I was just looking for you, I was wondering if..." She paused a moment as if she felt the need to find an excuse to reconnect with her cousin. "..If.. you recently heard any new tales...?"

kuroopu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:30 pm
There were few people in Mengyao's life that he would consider precious to him. Lifen was obviously first and foremost, but just next to her was Yuzhi; and while she was not his sister, merely his cousin, there was an undeniable affection for her that he'd struggled to maintain for many years.

How long had it been since he had seen her, anyway? She looked paler than normal, was she paler than normal? Mengyao's dual colored eyes swept up and down Yuzhi's small frame in an effort to determine whether she still looked the same, if there were any injuries or bruises to asses, but other than the apparent paleness, she seemed well.

Some of the tension eased from his shoulders, though Mengyao maintained his perfectly calm and expressionless face, tucking his hands into his sleeves and leveling a look at his cousin.

"New tales?" he repeated, his brows furrowing in bemusement. "You want to hear stories?"

Pales

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:43 pm
She nodded once rather firmly, "Of course new stories, Idiot Cousin," Yuzhi murmured softly at him. It was a term of endearment only made that much more affectionate knowing that he was one of the few other family and friend she had now, or perhaps it was the fact that the pressures of most of their social circles was greatly lessened - especially when they were alone. Whatever the matter she held no contempt in her eyes when regarding him right now.

There was a little bit of fiddling at the fabric of her own sleeves before she threw her cousin a small impish grin, "But I will settle for you telling me what you've been up to lately. It has been so long..."

She trailed off, she had left some words unsaid but it could be easily implied - Yuzhi worried about him.

kuroopu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:51 pm
If he'd been anyone else, he might have rolled his eyes; but since Mengyao was above such things, he merely gave Yuzhi a pointed look as though he could see right through her. Which, all things considered, he probably good.

But the expression on his face softened a little at her smile, which was as pretty as always, and Mengyao reached out and touched the top of her head; a surprising gesture of affection from a man who rarely showed any at all, even to Lifen.

"I've missed you too," he said quietly. "Please; would you come over so that we may talk a little?"

Pales

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:59 pm
Usually she swatted his hand away in utter annoyance at the act of him placing a hand on her head. There was something about that exact moment that just took all that away and she, for once, accepted the touch for what it was - a simple show of affection between two horsemen that had known each other for a very long time. There was no move to swat at him and she even stilled a little when he admitted that he'd missed her.

These small things just made her almost want to question what happened to the REAL Mengyao, but she said nothing.

She knew he had changed at least a little bit. Yuzhi herself was in the midst of her own changes and awakenings.

"Yes, of course. We haven't had a real talk in a while," again she offered her cousin a smile - a more sincere smile.

kuroopu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:26 pm
He left his hand where it was atop her head for just a moment longer before he drew it back to himself, tucking it into the opposite sleeve. Mengyao offered Yuzhi the smallest of smiles, though it was gone within seconds as he turned to make his way down the path towards his home, gesturing with his head for his cousin to follow him.

"How have you been as of late?" he asked her as they walked. "Well, I hope."

Pales

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:33 pm
For a few seconds Yuzhi wondered if his leaving his hand on her head was a ploy to keep her shorter than him forever. She shoved away the irrational thought and simply moved to follow along side him. Yuzhi was good at keeping up with longer legged people, at least by now.

There was a pause as he asked how she was and the small scholar tilted her head to the side, "I've been...surviving I suppose. Trying to learn what I can," she said softly. "My brother seems to be flourishing well, better than I am..."

Then again appearances can be deceiving.

"I've been...trying to make friends. I am not sure how well that is sticking. How are you doing lately?" She asked curiously.

kuroopu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:17 pm
When they reached his dwelling, Mengyao lifted aside the small flap of the canvas home to allow Yuzhi to enter first. He trailed in afterwards, tucking down the flap and smoothing a hand over it so that it did not stick out.

"I haven't seen your brother lately, though from the sounds of what you say, Tseng is doing well," said Mengyao, already moving across the room in long strides to fix tea at the little table. He gestured for Yuzhi to take a seat, and pulled out a set of small porcelain cups.

Hearing that Yuzhi was having difficulty making friends struck a chord in him, Mengyao's chest feeling oddly tight. He busied himself with the tea.

"Well," he told her, without looking, though this was hardly the truth. "It's been quiet as of late. Lifen and I have spent much time merely reading together, or perhaps watching the night sky."

Pales

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 am
Enter first she did. After a moment she sat herself down after her cousin invited her to and she folded her hands over her lap for now. She nodded slowly, "He appears to have no complaints so far, I am glad for him. And a little jealous," Yuzhi admitted softly.

"I..I have met someone I like a lot though." She said softly almost fully expecting to be teased by her cousin.

Normally her cousin mentioning spending time with Lifen would have riled a moment of jealousy within her but on the other hand? The small mare found that she was glad. Her cousin had someone that truly cared for him and looked out for him - something she was unable to do. She bit down on her pride and jealousy as she spoke, "I..I am glad. Is Lifen well? It seems forever since I last seen her..."

kuroopu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:34 pm
He nearly dropped the tea.

Yuzhi had found someone? A stallion with whom she kept company? The very idea was ludicrous, maddening; she was but a child, his precious cousin, and to hear that she was meeting with those who would have her hand was astonishing.

Mengyao tried to keep a calm face as he turned to look at her, passing a cup of tea set on a little white saucer in her direction.

"Oh?" he said, deliberately light. "How...intriguing, you must tell me more. As for Lifen and myself, well...I suppose she is doing well; we have both been a little tired as of late, but she and I are still quite close."

Pales

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas