Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Like That

Back to Guilds

Just a bunch of crazy non-humans hanging out. XD 

Tags: random, sexyfine, non-humans, international, hang-out 

Reply Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!
I'm officially old! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Le wut now?
  I've been away so long,
  that I have no clue what the new posting styles
  are about. .__.
View Results

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:24 pm
I turned 29 on August 26th and I gotta tell you, I definitely feel old these days. emo It helps alot that I teach high school. I'm hoping that the kids will keep me young. xd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:23 pm
I don't feel old ... or act old ... and perhaps i doesn't even look old ....
But i am, technically, -'er than you .... cat_xp  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 pm
Tiina Brown

Oh? You're older than me in truth? You've crossed 30? surprised I feel better now. xd How have you been?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:06 pm
Angry Kitsune
Tiina Brown

Oh? You're older than me in truth? You've crossed 30? surprised I feel better now. xd How have you been?

I've mainly been so-so, but possibly with a barely noticable (but often obstructed) move toward feeling ok or even good.

And i'm technically 44, but i frequently think of myself as a kind of teenager (in my own apartment), somehow.
It feels like i have lost 20 years to ... rubbish, or nothing, though.

I have been trying to make several games, but i have yet to complete any of them.
Oh, and i have mainly been hanging out in Furcadia, and i probably will keep on doing so, but perhaps i'll check out Gaia a bit more often, again.
cat_smile

How are you doing?  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:17 pm
Tiina Brown
Angry Kitsune
Tiina Brown

I've mainly been so-so, but possibly with a barely noticable (but often obstructed) move toward feeling ok or even good.

And i'm technically 44, but i frequently think of myself as a kind of teenager (in my own apartment), somehow.

I have been trying to make several games, but i have yet to complete any of them.
Oh, and i have mainly been hanging out in Furcadia, and i probably will keep on doing so, but perhaps i'll check out Gaia a bit more often, again.
cat_smile

How are you doing?

So you're a game designer? I wish you success! 4laugh And I'd be delighted to see more of you around here. ^^ And I hear ya. Time is seeming to move pretty fast nowadays. What do you plan for the future? I wish you only good things and the greatest of success. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:11 pm
Angry Kitsune
Tiina Brown

cat_smile

How are you doing?

So you're a game designer? I wish you success! 4laugh And I'd be delighted to see more of you around here. ^^ And I hear ya. Time is seeming to move pretty fast nowadays. What do you plan for the future? I wish you only good things and the greatest of success. 3nodding

It is hobby-level, rather than professional, and thank you cat_biggrin

Well, we'll see how it goes, currently, i'm on a roll, but ... i'm somewhat limited in what i can talk about, so i might get repetitive, or show my egocentricity, or not post because i can't think of anything good enough to say ... or a mix of them all.

And i meant 20 years of my life seems to have been wasted on a mockery of life, where i mostly felt down or worse ...

What i plan ...
Well, taking things day by day, but is aiming for feeling ok, or even good, and for being myself away from the keyboard, and not just online.
I'm also aiming for completeing several game projects, but to begin with, completing one of the games.
I have had ... problem with actually getting things done. It is hard to explain, since it isn't really regular writer's blocks or so.  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:30 pm
Tiina Brown
It is hobby-level, rather than professional, and thank you cat_biggrin

Well, we'll see how it goes, currently, i'm on a roll, but ... i'm somewhat limited in what i can talk about, so i might get repetitive, or show my egocentricity, or not post because i can't think of anything good enough to say ... or a mix of them all.

And i meant 20 years of my life seems to have been wasted on a mockery of life, where i mostly felt down or worse ...

What i plan ...
Well, taking things day by day, but is aiming for feeling ok, or even good, and for being myself away from the keyboard, and not just online.
I'm also aiming for completeing several game projects, but to begin with, completing one of the games.
I have had ... problem with actually getting things done. It is hard to explain, since it isn't really regular writer's blocks or so.

Do you suffer from depression? I battle with that every single day of my life so I totally understand. What helps me the most is joining groups and helping people in general. It's become easier for me because of my teaching job and I interact with kids all the time. These days, I unofficially counsel kids who suffer from the same stuff I used to have when I was their age: depression, lack of self-esteem and self-confidence, and more general problems of teen-aged life. It's very therapeutic for me. 3nodding Maybe you can find something like that to help you and it doesn't have to be kids. surprised

Well, I've had writers' block since 2006 and it doesn't seem like it wants to go away. mad

I wish you all the best in finishing developing your games. Maybe one day soon, I'll see them in the stores. wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:24 pm
Oh boy, in reading these posts, I don't feel alone alone...I'm trying to just be ok too >.< this year just feels like things are going down instead of up and it sucks, all I wanna do is just go back to being at home all the time, doing nothing *sighs* the only way I think I can get out of this funk is to do something I really don't want to do and go way out of my comfort zone...and it's one of two things, go back to school for something I'd love to do or to move far from my home...I really don't want to do either, but it seems like it may just be the only way sad sorry for being Debbie downer  

Waitingforwings6

Angelic Worker

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:07 am
Angry Kitsune
Do you suffer from depression? I battle with that every single day of my life so I totally understand. What helps me the most is joining groups and helping people in general. It's become easier for me because of my teaching job and I interact with kids all the time. These days, I unofficially counsel kids who suffer from the same stuff I used to have when I was their age: depression, lack of self-esteem and self-confidence, and more general problems of teen-aged life. It's very therapeutic for me. 3nodding Maybe you can find something like that to help you and it doesn't have to be kids. surprised

Well, I've had writers' block since 2006 and it doesn't seem like it wants to go away. mad

I wish you all the best in finishing developing your games. Maybe one day soon, I'll see them in the stores. wink

I usually call it "Depression due to a shitty life" rathar than the other way around, so i have also refused "happy pills" and similar, and, as my life has gotten better, the depression also has receded a lot ...
I'm still ot really ok, though, but it is notably better.
This means, that i'm not clinically depressed, but it may be technically hard to differ between the two things ...
I may be "clinically gloomy", though, but that, i can handle if most other things are ok cat_ninja cat_3nodding

I like helping other people too, and i have often found that i am good at describing how things looks from a depressed, or even suicidal's point of view (i am practically unable to commit suicide, by the way, i can't even harm myself on purpose ... ) even though i'm not suicidal any more,
... Some people has has a problem listening, though ...
A comment i found, that in its simplicity describe the hardships easily, is "Sometimes, i's not that easy".
Sometimes it may even be impossible.
People that never had similar problems, have a problem understanding that, though.
Sure, a lot can depend on ones mindset, how one has seen other people deal with things, but even though those alternatives are there, it may be so very hard to reach them, so that they could just as well not be there.
So, what to do?
Find something one is good at, and/or like to do very much, that isn't harmful, and do it, as often as possible.
To me, that has been, and still is, working on games.
Finding good people to talk with frequently, is also really helpful.

And, if i complete the games, you probably won't see them in stores ... but the computer game ones, you might get to see on Newgrounds, if you know what that is ... (Hint: Free Games!)
cat_biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:15 am
Waitingforwings6
Oh boy, in reading these posts, I don't feel alone alone...I'm trying to just be ok too >.< this year just feels like things are going down instead of up and it sucks, all I wanna do is just go back to being at home all the time, doing nothing *sighs* the only way I think I can get out of this funk is to do something I really don't want to do and go way out of my comfort zone...and it's one of two things, go back to school for something I'd love to do or to move far from my home...I really don't want to do either, but it seems like it may just be the only way sad sorry for being Debbie downer

No worries. cat_smile

* Hugs *  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Mystical Hitara

Springtime Businessman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 pm
All of the feels.

We're like a Collective emo  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:34 am
Waitingforwings6

And therein lies the rub: either do what you love and go far from the home you don't want to leave, or stay nearby and do what you hate.

I don't envy your position. What have you decided to do? It IS your future, after all, and only you know what you truly want for it. 3nodding I hope that, regardless your decision, you will find utter happiness, heart

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:44 am
Tiina Brown
Angry Kitsune

I usually call it "Depression due to a shitty life" rathar than the other way around, so i have also refused "happy pills" and similar, and, as my life has gotten better, the depression also has receded a lot ...
I'm still ot really ok, though, but it is notably better.
This means, that i'm not clinically depressed, but it may be technically hard to differ between the two things ...
I may be "clinically gloomy", though, but that, i can handle if most other things are ok cat_ninja cat_3nodding

I like helping other people too, and i have often found that i am good at describing how things looks from a depressed, or even suicidal's point of view (i am practically unable to commit suicide, by the way, i can't even harm myself on purpose ... ) even though i'm not suicidal any more,
... Some people has has a problem listening, though ...
A comment i found, that in its simplicity describe the hardships easily, is "Sometimes, i's not that easy".
Sometimes it may even be impossible.
People that never had similar problems, have a problem understanding that, though.
Sure, a lot can depend on ones mindset, how one has seen other people deal with things, but even though those alternatives are there, it may be so very hard to reach them, so that they could just as well not be there.
So, what to do?
Find something one is good at, and/or like to do very much, that isn't harmful, and do it, as often as possible.
To me, that has been, and still is, working on games.
Finding good people to talk with frequently, is also really helpful.

And, if i complete the games, you probably won't see them in stores ... but the computer game ones, you might get to see on Newgrounds, if you know what that is ... (Hint: Free Games!)
cat_biggrin

I hear ya. If you ever want to talk, I'm on FB and here. 3nodding You can also use the guild to rant and rave whenever necessary. xd Also, maybe a change of pace will do you wonders. At school, we have a teacher who has been depressed for a long time and her recent divorce isn't really helping matters. So how does she cope? At random, depending on her state of mind, she takes a day off at whim and goes to do stuff for her own self. She loves mani-pedis, getting her hair done, and shopping for clothes. Sometimes, if any of us are available, we go with her to the nearest cinema or a sandy beach to kick back and eat bake and shark. She loves long drives and the sandiest beach is a two-hour drive from the school. Maybe there are little things you can do to uplift your mood. For me, I take time off as well, on the days when I'm really blue, and I end up wherever the road takes me. I wish I could drive and had a car, then I'd really go far. :p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:45 am
G-Force Alpha 1
All of the feels.

We're like a Collective emo

emotion_hug  

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

Waitingforwings6

Angelic Worker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:54 pm
Angry Kitsune
aww thanks, and nothing yet, I'm a horrible procrastinator, but I think I should go back to school for consoling, or something to do with psychology...only thing with that is you need a billion degrees for you to get any kind of actual job sad so we'll see  
Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games