I am not sure how to approach this situation anymore... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:27 am
Alright, so I am sorta have this problem with my bf relating to his mom.
Now here is the situation, for some odd reason his mom is not having problems with him coming over every night to my house.
It has gotten to the point where his mom thinks we hang out way too much and that we need a break from each other. She asked him to start being at home more often.
This where it gets even more problematic, so I have been going to his house often to avoid anymore fighting with my bf because I always tell him that it was too good to be true that his mom liked me. He assumes that I am too negative and such.
Okay, what would you assume if you saw your boyfriend's mom coming into the room and looks at you pissed off?
He always tells me, its not because of me and thats probably something is bugging her.
Yesterday I did the polite thing and actually said hi. She didn't say anything back and just nodded. All she did was look at me with this pissed off look...

This situation is so bad that I honestly don't know what to do anymore. It has gotten to the point where I honestly don't want to be in his house anymore because I honestly feel very uncomfortable about all this and he thinks I am overreacting and such...
What should I do because after what he said yesterday it just made me feel very bad...

EDIT: Okay. I forgot to mention. This problem just stated to happen, before it wasn't an issue.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:23 pm
xXNi-ChanXx
I wouldn't worry too much about it, as some mothers feel like they're having their baby ripped from them. Try spending some time with her, with him as well, and try to show her that you're not trying to remove him from her life, and even try to fight the discomfort, and talk one on one with her, if at all possible.  

TheOneOfName

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:41 pm
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
I wouldn't worry too much about it, as some mothers feel like they're having their baby ripped from them. Try spending some time with her, with him as well, and try to show her that you're not trying to remove him from her life, and even try to fight the discomfort, and talk one on one with her, if at all possible.

But wouldn't that be an appropriate move only if I was engaged with to him?
Because I am just the gf and thats I am nothing more than that.
And I forgot to mention this, this just started to happen. Before this wasn't an issue until now.
Also I have done that, I actually have spend time with her and the family.
I went to her birthday party, I went had gone out with her and the family to eat and such.
Heck I have been talked to her every now and than.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:11 pm
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx

And I forgot to mention this, this just started to happen. Before this wasn't an issue until now.
I went to her birthday party, I went had gone out with her and the family to eat and such.
I honestly think that she is having a problem with reassurance. She sees things as getting more serious between the two of you, and feels the need to be kept in the loop. If it does come to the fact that she just doesn't like you, you shouldn't let it bother you anyways, as you're not dating her. Your energy should be focused on how much he cares about you.  

TheOneOfName

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:34 pm
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx

I honestly think that she is having a problem with reassurance. She sees things as getting more serious between the two of you, and feels the need to be kept in the loop. If it does come to the fact that she just doesn't like you, you shouldn't let it bother you anyways, as you're not dating her. Your energy should be focused on how much he cares about you.

I know it shouldn't bother me and all but its the fact all this is causing problems between him and I. I have already tried to talk to him about this but he thinks I am just being too negative and such. Like I can't even show him that I feel uncomfortable with him making a comment saying, "Is this problem between you and my mom ever going to get resolved?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx

I know it shouldn't bother me and all but its the fact all this is causing problems between him and I. I have already tried to talk to him about this but he thinks I am just being too negative and such. Like I can't even show him that I feel uncomfortable with him making a comment saying, "Is this problem between you and my mom ever going to get resolved?"
If he is concerned about you resolving something, have him ask her if there was something that you may have done, and see if you may fix it. I'm personally finding the issue to be one sided, and wonder myself, what she has he panties in a bunch about.  

TheOneOfName

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:55 pm
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx

If he is concerned about you resolving something, have him ask her if there was something that you may have done, and see if you may fix it. I'm personally finding the issue to be one sided, and wonder myself, what she has he panties in a bunch about.

Haha yea.. because for me personally, my mom doesn't care much about my boyfriend. All she cares is that I don't end up pregnant and thats it. As for the relationship between my mom and my boyfriend, its perfectly fine. They talk and everything. They have done favors for each other and everything is fine. She even gives us our privacy, she doesnt come in the room or anything when he is around. Whereas his mom like has to be in the room and stays for alittle bit and talks to me and I'm just there . I have nothing to say so I stay quiet. I only speak when I am spoken to. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is that when she comes in and is already pissed off and has this looks thats make me uncomfortable. I know might be overreacting but with the way things have been going the times I have gone when she is already pissed off it just makes me feel very uncomfortable and he doesn't see, he just sees me overreacting and such...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:00 pm
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx

Haha yea.. because for me personally, my mom doesn't care much about my boyfriend. All she cares is that I don't end up pregnant and thats it. As for the relationship between my mom and my boyfriend, its perfectly fine. They talk and everything. They have done favors for each other and everything is fine. She even gives us our privacy, she doesnt come in the room or anything when he is around. Whereas his mom like has to be in the room and stays for alittle bit and talks to me and I'm just there . I have nothing to say so I stay quiet. I only speak when I am spoken to. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is that when she comes in and is already pissed off and has this looks thats make me uncomfortable. I know might be overreacting but with the way things have been going the times I have gone when she is already pissed off it just makes me feel very uncomfortable and he doesn't see, he just sees me overreacting and such...
When put that way, maybe it's not you, and something is just happening around the house, that is putting her in a bad mood. She may just have issues with whom she projects that anger towards.  

TheOneOfName

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:09 pm
TheOneOfName
When put that way, maybe it's not you, and something is just happening around the house, that is putting her in a bad mood. She may just have issues with whom she projects that anger towards.

My boyfriend says the same thing but it still makes me uncomfortable its something that I cant shake off.
Its a position that I don't like to be in. Whether it was or wasn't my fault or whom ever got his mom pissed off, it really makes me uncomfortable and I can't look at her in the eyes.
*sigh*
I am going to try to take to my boyfriend again about this. I just hope this last time he understands.
I just don't want this to effect our relationship anymore. He and I have other things to worry about but this problem shouldn't be this difficult to fix.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:16 pm
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName

My boyfriend says the same thing but it still makes me uncomfortable its something that I cant shake off.
Its a position that I don't like to be in. Whether it was or wasn't my fault or whom ever got his mom pissed off, it really makes me uncomfortable and I can't look at her in the eyes.
*sigh*
I am going to try to take to my boyfriend again about this. I just hope this last time he understands.
I just don't want this to effect our relationship anymore. He and I have other things to worry about but this problem shouldn't be this difficult to fix.
I am quite envious. I've never knoen anyone that I wanted to fight so hard for. Either you really like this guy, or you have some serious issues with people disliking you. lol  

TheOneOfName

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:25 pm
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName

*sigh*
I am quite envious. I've never knoen anyone that I wanted to fight so hard for. Either you really like this guy, or you have some serious issues with people disliking you. lol

Haha actually I am use to being disliked. It's just that I'm not use to have a someone's family actually like me so yea. Overall, I really like him ALOT. Haha. I have had a crush on him for while even when I was with my ex(during that time my relationship with my ex, it was basically going to hell) and would sometimes watch him from distances. He felt the same way, He liked me and all but never had the guts to talk to me. We even had a few classes together eventually everything just clicked into place and yea. I am happy with him, he has been there for me like crazy and has helped me out ALOT. Like right now, my mom is on a trip and he has been staying a little late for me to just help me out at night sometimes he sleeps over to keep company(I have this loneliness issue and I think he caught on to it without me having to say anything). I am currently waiting for him to come over because he said he would help take care the last thing of my chores which showering the dogs
So yea you imagine how much I like him. Haha. Which reminds me I need to start getting lunch ready for him and I lol xD

Why are you envious anyways?? o.o"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:29 pm
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName

*sigh*

Haha actually I am use to being disliked. It's just that I'm not use to have a someone's family actually like me so yea. Overall, I really like him ALOT. Haha. I have had a crush on him for while even when I was with my ex(during that time my relationship with my ex, it was basically going to hell) and would sometimes watch him from distances. He felt the same way, He liked me and all but never had the guts to talk to me. We even had a few classes together eventually everything just clicked into place and yea. I am happy with him, he has been there for me like crazy and has helped me out ALOT. Like right now, my mom is on a trip and he has been staying a little late for me to just help me out at night sometimes he sleeps over to keep company(I have this loneliness issue and I think he caught on to it without me having to say anything). I am currently waiting for him to come over because he said he would help take care the last thing of my chores which showering the dogs
So yea you imagine how much I like him. Haha. Which reminds me I need to start getting lunch ready for him and I lol xD

That sounds so wonderful. I hope things work out well for you. Also, enjoy. *^_^*
I'm envious because I haven't felt that way towards anyone.  

TheOneOfName

xXNi-ChanXx

Lonely Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:34 pm
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName
xXNi-ChanXx
TheOneOfName

*sigh*

That sounds so wonderful. I hope things work out well for you. Also, enjoy. *^_^*
I'm envious because I haven't felt that way towards anyone.

Thanks I hope so. Because this would be another 2 year relationship down the drain if ti doesn't work it. But I am sure it will. We just need to solve this problem is all.
Oh dont worry sweets, you will feeling the same way as me soon enough. All you need is time and time is on your side smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:37 pm
Yes, it definitely feels that way. I feel and look so much younger than what I am. lol Well I can't say so much, since I'm not so old to begin with.  

TheOneOfName

Yokies

Crew

King Bear

64,350 Points
  • The Bears Are In 500
  • I Won the Titles the Titles are Mine! 500
  • Couple of Time 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 pm
From what I've read in all your posts, it does seem very much like she's angry about other things and is taking it out on the only thing she can; her son and his girlfriend. It doesn't sound to me that she has much else to let her anger out on, that she doesn't know how to do that healthily without rubbing it off on someone else. It could also be since it seems he's been over at your house more often than before, she might just really be starting to miss her son. Maybe she feels jealous or angry that it seems he'd rather spend all his time with you rather than any time with her or at their home. She could even be thinking in her head that you're monopolizing all his time because he helps you and that you might be taking advantage of his kindness.

There are a lot of possibilities, but no matter what it is, he needs to ask what is up. Either way, you're uncomfortable. You don't like the vibe she's giving you and he needs to see if there really is an issue. It's not like you can go and ask her because she wont even respond to a simple hi. The least he can do is find out what is going on and give you reassurance that it's not you, or if it is, to find out what reasons there are and why his mom feels the way she does.

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff