Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Sétanta the Cu Chulainn ~ accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ririka

High-functioning Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:38 am
User Image AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Sétanta
Nicknames: Sét

Faction: Ghost
Race: Cu Chulainn (Slain dog, not the hero)

Natural Ability: Ghost Phase:: He has the ability to walk through solid objects like most ghosts, though it is something he is still getting the hang of since he still has moments where he will run into a abject rather than phase through it.

Personality:

This is my happy face:: Like many people, Sét’s face does not know the meaning of smiling for no reason. He is not a morning person. He is not an afternoon person. He does not smile just because he drinks his chosen morning drink. No, his face is always on default angry mode, so do not ask him why he is angry, or tell him to cheer up and smile, because that will just piss him off.

Tick Tock Boom (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻ :: Everything in life must be earned one way or another. Knowledge is earned by dedication and time. Friends are earned by time spent getting to know one another and by building a bond. Sét, however, believes it all to be a bunch of annoying crap and that he should not have to go through such boring nonsense to get what he wants.

Why can’t things just neatly fall in to his lap and go his way? He wishes he could just get what he wants with the snap of his fingers, but he knows that will never be, and thus, it just ends up frustrating him even more. Apparently the world is just not ready to understand what a wonderful being he is, and grant him the things he deserves. Pity.

While he is anxious to learn new things, and there are so many things to learn thanks to time and a lack of memory, he is bothered by the fact that some things just aren't so easily learned. Some things take time to understand, and require more in depth knowledge, but Sét just doesn't have the patience for such things. He just wants things to be understood during the first go around. He does not want to waste time reading and researching the same thing 50 times over just to understand the basics of it all, which ends up being his own downfall for his quest for knowledge.

Sometimes he will flip a table and walk away never to return. Other times he may swallow his frustration and go back for another go only to head desk when he finally does get it.

Creepers and rocks:: Sét has no social skills to speak of, or at least none that he can remember. In order to learn more about the outside world and how people interact with one another he has taken up people watching. Whether it is outside his bedroom, taking a seat outside, or creeping along the rooftops, he has to get his studying done somehow. Still, his studies have a long way to go since Sét still can't make heads or tails of how conversations are played out, and he is still unwilling to find out by firsthand experience.

To add to this, it doesn't help that the hound is insanely blunt. He sees no point in sugar coating words, or twisting them into little white lies. There is no point in holding back from telling people the truth or going out of one's way to avoid it.

he person may get mad, but so what. Sét isn't one for comforting others, especially since he doesn't know how to comfort another person. Instead, being the blind boy he is, he will simply point something else out, tell the person to get over it and accept the truth, and earn his slap in the face like a true man!

Quick Facts:
  • Height of 5’10
  • Irish accent
  • Enjoys reading even though he doesn’t understand half the stuff he is reading.
  • Gets most of his exercise by flipping tables and rampaging, like a 5yr old.
  • At least he makes a decent body guard, if you ignore the fact that he may spend his time making snarky comments about you.
  • True form is that of a large blond ghostly dog.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? Sét can’t say for sure why he is at the Academy since he has no memory when it comes to how he got there in the first place, or who he even is. The ghost would say family, but no family comes to mind when he attempts to think about the possibility. Either way, the place seems nice enough, so he is going to stick around.

FEAR Ability: Guard’s Call [Headlights]: Sét lets out a loud howl which startles those around him.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Green
Hair Colour/Style: Fluffy Wavy red hair.
Skin Colour: What, is staring at his picture not good enough? He’s obviously freckled.
Clothing Style/Colours: See student image.
Extra: See student Image
References: Look to the left.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 am
Just incase  

Ririka

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:26 pm
Good boy, nice dog <3.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:27 pm
Neeerppp.

Edited his natural ability around.

Also leaving a note that Set is based off the slain dog and not the hero from the lore. He is just named after the hero for the sake of laughs and being mean to him. It's not like he'll ever know.

Ririka

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:05 pm
Desu loves you already angry doge (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ┻━┻

Approval Pert:
- His FEAR ability relies on dictating the emotions of other player's characters, HOWEVER, you do show with wording you understand the obvious difference between dictation and optional/suggestive reaction. I know many players often find emotional manipulative natural abilities 'neat' but end up being ignored a good deal of times, so I er on the side of caution and warn that it might not be approved since it dictates emotions. A simple alternative is just to say the sound itself is chilling, and alarming, causing a momentary lapse in one's senses.

-- Ghost phase is sadly, overpowered D: While both floating and intangibility are racial traits of ghosts, giving them full floatation and intangibility at y is considered OP. Full floating/floating that high OR having full intangibility are separate natural abilities.

OTHER/Not approval pert:

I like him as a grumpy fuss butt, but his personality is heavily negative with few 'redeeming qualities'. Is his noble? Loyal? Does he have a moral code that he honors? He is willing to try learning- That is a HUGELY redeeming and good quality, but it's mixed into a lot a negative. Try to pull his 'good' traits a bit more to light, give a bit of a balance to how he is worth people's time, and why they should invest in his character just like you do! (I mean this ICly)

I hope this will help you Riri OuO~
Ririka

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:49 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Thank you.

It's kind of confusing trying to go over everything multiple times with my own eyes and the eyes of others, especially when one person may say something looks good, and another says something's wrong, so I'm trying to slowly find out what needs to be fixed and such.

I went ahead and edited his Fear and natural ability. He'll go ahead and try to master phasing through objects in Y1.

He really is just a major grump just trying to get on his feet at this point.
He does want to learn his way around the world, and figure out his own place, but when you have trouble understand the most basic of things, coupled with having a short fuse, it doesn't really work out most of the time. It really hurts and frustrates him to know he's sort of like a fish in a tank full of rats.

The hound is loyal to those he considers his friends, mostly those who can look past his grumpy attitude and or challenge it. And he is highly respectful of those who he considers above him. (I.E, Master and dog/pack hierarchy type stuff). Most may not notice, but sometimes his harsh words are just his way of showing he cares, to a point.

He'll never outright says he cares, or give someone comforting words, but if you can read between the lines you will be able to tell when he's trying (and failing) to show support in his own way.

Ririka

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:51 pm
(´・ω・`)
An added note re: approval issues, right now his 'race' Cu Chulainn is a reference to a specific mundane creature/incident - I say mundane because I am assuming from the story that the original dog is non-magical? So he's a ghost dog based on the myth? If you wanted to be specific and say 'Cu Chulainn' is representative of maybe a certain type of ghost dog (and here is an opportunity to tie in that pride theme!), I think it could work.

Otherwise it's not really a species per se, but an individual, which is an interesting back story but his species would just be 'ghost dog' or something like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:04 pm
Upon winning him I was told that his species was approved and he is the ghost of the slain dog.

Him being a guard dog before his death, I would think he took much pride in his job. He was loyal to his master and the people he protected, and to he struck down by his killer....I think it hit him hard. Reeeeallly hard.

He failed and the one thing he was good at...

Ririka

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:17 pm
I think it was ok as a species as long as he is not THE dog, but A dog, of the aforementioned species. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:42 pm
Oh no. He's just based off the slain dog.

He's not the actual actual dog from the lore, but just based off him, and for laughs I named him after the guy from the lore who kills the dog.

The only thing the two have in common is that they were both guard dogs how happened to be slain.

Ririka

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:53 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:48 pm
Ririka
Mysterious howling could be heard coming from the Enrollment Office late at night. Rumors indicated it was some sort of vengeful ghost dog coming to haunt, but these rumors were quickly squashed when it turned out it was just a gnome who had accidentally stubbed his toe on the edge of the desk while cleaning.

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces