Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Advice
Not Sure What This Feeling Is

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChisaiMix

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:33 pm
So ,lately, for the past while I have had this feeling of being unfulfilled. It has been driving me crazy. Everyday its the same one after the other, eat, sleep, work, repeat.

My devotions or reading the bible has ceased because I just don't know what to do or read anymore. I just don't know what to do anymore or where to start. I have read through the bible, but I feel like my knowledge or remembering the most simplest of stories I can't remember.

I know God hasn't been the complete center of my life lately, and I know he needs to be. I'm just not sure where to start off again. I'm tired of living this way.

Where do I start?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:03 pm
Start with baby steps. Set aside a couple of minutes to meditate on a verse or two. I would recommend using proverbs or the psalms for this. Think about how that verse applies to your life, if it describes how you've been interacting with others lately or how you communicate with God. And pray according to what you read. Chances are it's talking about an attribute that believers should be doing or should not be doing. You can ask our Heavenly Father in prayer to help you (and others) in those areas, whether it be fellow believers, family, friends, enemies, leaders, co-workers. Each day presents another situation to pray about if you keep your eyes peeled.

The moments I've felt most unfulfilled happened when I stopped meditating on his word or wasn't being serviceable to those around me, just carrying out my day concerned with my own needs, not looking for opportunities to lend a hand (or pray for someone, even if they don't know I'm praying for them in that moment). Personally, if both haven't happened in my day (feeding on his word and helping others in some kind of way), I don't feel as fulfilled. I can remember back when I first started reading the bible, I skipped reading one day and felt horribly dead on the inside (mind you, this is as an unbeliever, no religious folk pressuring me to continue reading it; no one knew I was reading scripture anyway). But it just goes to show how spiritually-nourishing his word is and how his word really is like daily food. Maybe I felt it more strongly because I had been "deprived" of real spiritual nourishment for most of my life and I was finally getting the real deal.

Anyway, getting back into the word, even if it's not hardcore study, but bite-sized meditation and prayer, is what I would recommend. Pray for and about others too, including persecuted Christians around the world. Offer a prayer of thanks, thanking him for your current situation. There's always a reason to pray (for you specifically, that he's provided food, a job, and a clean conscience that allows you to sleep at night because many people who don't know God do not have that restful night's sleep due to their guilt, and that you're not living in a violent nation).

Quote:
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NIV)

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:1-4 (NIV)

1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Pray, give thanks, read his word. It only takes a little on a consistent basis and you'll easily find your Spirit craving more.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:17 am
What real eyes realize said is true. *nod*
Start with usual simple steps in different point of view.

Go out to work and spend some times to enjoy the beautiful scenery God has provided, the singing sound of the birds, the fellowship with precious friends that God has placed around you.
Enjoy His fresh new blessing everyday!

Eventually, I've always marveled for everything He did. Gratefulness and singing in praises come out of my heart. Prayer and joy follow and craving for Him become a need to refresh my spirit.

Isaiah 40:31 ESV
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

You know that He is the answer! He can give your spirit a joy unspeakable that the world can't offer. Seek Him and pursue it! heart

Matthew 11:28-30 ESV
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

I'll keep you on my prayer :3

Philippians 4:6 ESV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:51 pm
Definitely start with adding some you and God time in there with reading the Holy Bible, praying, etc. do it even if you need to do it an hour before bed or an hour before you need to get up to get ready for work. Perhaps even get some audio sermons to listen to on the way to work if you drive or know someone who doesn't mind you listening to those in their car of a morning.

Not spending time can make a relationship feel weak or distant, just as our relationships without other people. When we don't talk to a friend, the friendship fades within time generally because both people are apart, right? It's a similar concept when considering your relationship with God. A good relationship with God requires time and effort put into it to keep the relationship alive and enable it to grow.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:39 pm
Lacking in devotion time.

Do we feel today as if we do not get to read or be more devoted in God's word? Does it feel that your more occupied in work and family over the Time for Christ? What is this called exactly?..

This idea is where a Christian starts to fade away as believers. The terminology: Life. Now we all have this idea. It says "Life is more important than being devoted and diligent because this one is much more responsible than reading and getting to the word. However, not many would be like that. Some may need rest after laboring in their jobs. God understands.

We all have a time of everything. Don't make an excuse not to get diligent in to word of God. It may be difficult. But make a study time. I've heard so many excuses for why many Christians becomes a "former Christian" ( a false idealism at best ). God declared there is no excuses if He himself showed you the way of life. Please note: he understands when life is more difficult to handle. But a Christian's life is more harder than life its self.

"There is a time for everything" ( Ecclesiastes 3:1-15 )
This should help you start to understand the time of your devotion and diligence. If you are unable to start, pray to the Lord and ask for a time. He will give it freely. However, keep your promise of diligence.

I hope to see many beautiful study time and what you have learned in Christ! If you are having troubles finding the time of devotions, send your email address to me ( The Wise Informer ) and I will start you off with devotion time.

Take care and see that life is actually easier with God in your life!

"Come to me with all your labors and I will make you light. For my own burdens are light..." - Jesus Christ

Also read 2 chronicles 10:4. It explains what burdens the Lord Gives. Its rather Interesting.

Pm me to find more verses.

-The Wise Informer

This should explain alot.  
Christian Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas