Why did everything feel so heavy all of a sudden? She couldn’t understand, but at the same time she did. The war horseman could recall the Tear and everyone banding together for the sake of their survival. She remembered the disdain she showed the hunters before forgetting herself entirely. Now Jay knew the whole story, but somehow she still felt heavy. She still felt like there was a piece of her that was missing. Or pieces. But she didn’t know what. Lips puckered, she leaned over a tree.

Who do you think you are? She knew exactly who she was. She was Jay, full name Jaida, horseman from the War clan—

Look at your shadow. And when she looked, she saw at first herself. Then she saw a figure toting a large, familiar sword.

You have forgotten something. Memories. I borrowed those from you and now you have my word I will return them. Take these memories and use remember their blessing. As long as you remember your path as a hero, I will be there.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She stared at the lock dangling from one of her chains. Was this lock supposed to mean something? Well, the figure had said something about forgotten memories. Perhaps that was what she was missing. Memories. Jay’s eyes narrowed as she held onto her lock. She wondered if she would remember them all, if any at all. She felt like she was missing too big of a chunk from her life, her time. The bluebird hummed before opting to fly down. She needed to water her rose bush.