Submit

September Equinox

Anxious Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:11 am
My period is due on the sixteenth, and last night I had a bit of brown spotting and a tiny bit of blood. I haven't really had anything since then. I normally get my period every 28-30 days, and day 30 is on the sixteenth.

I know it's a possible sign of pregnancy, but I'm a virgin. Hell, the most I've gotten is a kiss and some cuddles. Still, I have a sex and pregnancy phobia so my mind keeps telling me I'm the next Virgin Mary. I'm turning 19 and this never happened before.

Could it be stress of worrying my period will be late and end up on my birthday or perhaps I nicked something inside when my fingers were down there? The latter seems reasonable to me because hangnails. >>  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:39 am
have you been stressed lately? It could have messed up your cycle. The brown spotting is generally your period blood oxidised.

It dosent sound like to much to worry about, as long as your not having any pain?
Stressing out will only make it worse
heart  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

September Equinox

Anxious Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 am
THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
have you been stressed lately? It could have messed up your cycle. The brown spotting is generally your period blood oxidised.

It dosent sound like to much to worry about, as long as your not having any pain?
Stressing out will only make it worse
heart

I am a naturally stressed person just by personality, but yeah. There's been tension in my household. I just went to the bathroom and spotted some blood again, but on the "bright" side, I had a bad stomach, which for me is an almost certain flag for later end of PMS. I've been hungry the past few days and have had an aroused edge so I'm guessing it might just be an upcoming early?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:21 am
Maybe your period just started early?
for some women, their period starts early or late .. like me xd it just like, starts at a random time =3=" or maybe I think it starts at a random time cuz I can't remember what day my period started at first? sweatdrop  

Sylvia Peperomia

Stubborn Fashionista

September Equinox

Anxious Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:59 am
Aiko Kanade
for some women, their period starts early or late .. like me xd it just like, starts at a random time =3=" or maybe I think it starts at a random time cuz I can't remember what day my period started at first? sweatdrop

Thankfully it was just a week early.

(At least now I won't be stuck with it on my 19th birthday?)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:21 pm
Wayward Lawliet
Aiko Kanade

Thankfully it was just a week early.

(At least now I won't be stuck with it on my 19th birthday?)

Oooh, advance happy birthday! 4laugh  

Sylvia Peperomia

Stubborn Fashionista

Psyzapp

Ruthless Lover

10,250 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:52 pm
Okay hon, if you are a virgin, there is no way in hell you are expecting. A menstrual cycle is a fickle thing. Anything can make you go off…stress is a biggie. I wouldn't sweat it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:27 pm
Predicting periods is like trying to predict the weather. Sure you can make a fairly accurate guess based on the information presented to you but there will always be that one day you are stuck lugging around a giant umbrella when it's bright and sunny out.

Anything and everything can affect your menstrual cycle from your diet to your activity levels. As long as it's not excessively heavy, particularly foul smelling, or extremely painful, you should be good.

Also, if you don't stop believing you might be preggers, you might work yourself up into a hysterical pregnancy and that will not be fun.  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

September Equinox

Anxious Prophet

8,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:19 pm
Psyzapp
Okay hon, if you are a virgin, there is no way in hell you are expecting. A menstrual cycle is a fickle thing. Anything can make you go off…stress is a biggie. I wouldn't sweat it.

Yeah. I just have a major sex and pregnancy phobia so I naturally become triggered to the extent of a near panic attack if something about my period is off from my usual cycle.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:44 pm
Heck, even being on the pill is not guarantee a period will arrive right on schedule. Stress is the single biggest cause of late periods for me, and I take them... well, I'm an atheist now, but I take my contraceptives religiously.

Being a virgin and hopefully not having any sort of extra-vaginal sex that might get semen ANYWHERE near your *ahem* "glory hole" (my apologies, I couldn't resist the name), there's likely nothing to worry about. emotion_hug Just make sure you stock up on your PMS goodies.

I do suggest you take care of those hangnails, though, they can get nasty.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Mimu-lou

Loyal Senshi

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:31 pm
I PROMISE you that some brown blood is perfectly normal. My periods almost always start off with a bit of brown blood and then it becomes normal. Just so you know for the future here is something that scared me to DEATH when it first happened to me, but is also normal. A "Flesh-like" discharge is just your uterine lining shedding before it had time to dissolve. Most of the time it looks like a chunk of blood but sometimes it can be skin tones.

I recommend watching "Sexplanations" on Youtube if your really phobic about sex and pregnancy. When I was your age it terrified me too and channels like that helped me understand my body much better. It's better to expect something, than to endure the frantic googling after it happens something unexpected happens.  
22. ✿ - - - Health And Exercise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games