Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
JUDGMENT! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:07 pm
Correcting someone is a loving and kind thing to do. It is often confused with judging/finger pointing because most people have a hard time seeing that correction is for their own good, and that there are no hostile thoughts behind it.

Leviticus 19:17
"'Do not hate a fellow Israelite in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in their guilt.

Israelite can easily be replaced with brother or sister.

It should of course be done in a certain way, and that way is not in public, or to shame the other person, but gently, and with humility.

Matthew 18:15
"If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.

Emphasis mine

But if our brother persists in sin:

1 Timothy 5:20
As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear.

2 Thessalonians 3:15
Do not regard him as an enemy, but warn him as a brother.

If we are honest, and true we know that we need to be set straight at times. The kindest thing someone can do for us is point out our errors if it causes us to see our sin and turn from it. God does sometimes use men to instruct us in righteousness, and make us aware of our errors for our own good.

Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:32 pm
We as Christians need to be more aware of how we treat each other, and be more aware of how our actions and words affect the rest of the body.
Are we exemplifying Christ with our behavior,
are we doing things the way he would have wanted us to, or are we just doing what we feel like doing. Are we prideful, hardhearted and self-reliant, instead of humble, soft-hearted and God-reliant? Are we quarrelsome, bickering and creating division, and breaking down, instead of being of the same mind, gathering and building up?

Mark 3:24-25
24"If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. 25"If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.

Do we let our temper get the best of us, or are we slow to anger and quick to forgive? Do we easily hate our brother when we don't see eye to eye, or are we quick to forgive and quick to forget?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:10 pm
2 Peter 3:10-13

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:20 pm
kesuke uchiha
you did not see him quote a curse word from me and say
"Im taking you off my friends list"
?
you did not see himfollow me around like you are now?
if there is a church of satan do you feel compelled to jump in there and try to tell them all that they are wrong and try your hardest to make them change?
NO what you do is just pray for them and if you can get to talk to one offer salvation from Jesus christ and the truth of God. you dont barge into someone's life to try and tell them they are wrong and to try and punish them or tell them they are not good enough to be close to you in friendship?

Garland green had answered this nicely. I hope you do read it. I know your upset because He had done that. However, I had realized that you were so quick at being angry. Why didn't you pm him about it? Does not the bible say " settle your reasons with a brother"? It seems that He had a reason to remove you. Reading the date of when he posted the Colossians 3 verses, It was 2 days ago. Then yesterday, you didn't seem to care for it but just skipped on to another person. He was advising you to be careful with your words. But then you didn't heed it and seen another cuss. Then He quoted the first one. It seems that He had his reasoning to. But you didn't. Which is why i ask, had you even considered talking to him about this. Because if this isn't settled, you would seem like the one who does not love Jesus. But this is not judging you. I bet you love him very much. But if you hate your brothers, how can you edify them from evil? You don't talk to an atheist about edifying. Not even satanism (basically, I have no clue on your analogy really because it made no sense). You talk to a fellow Christian about it. If you love them, you would had spoken to them about edifying as Jesus had done to His desciples. And I did not follow you XD that WTF post was literally on my friends activity. I think you know what that is.  

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

Sermons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas