Submit

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:18 pm
So I've been a gamer for a good majority of my life, since getting a PS2 as a child. Since then I've made it kind of my job to get as many systems as possible and play as many good game series as I can. After having finished many of the PS2 series games from my childhood, I *finally* came across a Devil May Cry for the PS2 and decided to play it, seeing as I've heard mostly good things about it.

I'm disgraced with my preformance. First boss ended the game for me... has anyone else found that one boss or one mission in a game that makes you really doubt how good you thought you were at what you love?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:40 pm
PS2. Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night. This one pirate monkey boss. Couldn't for the life of me beat him, even after looking it up. Couldn't continue the game, which makes me sad. sweatdrop

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:42 pm
Okami Ameras
PS2. Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night. This one pirate monkey boss. Couldn't for the life of me beat him, even after looking it up. Couldn't continue the game, which makes me sad. sweatdrop

I feel you. This stupid Phantom (for those that don't know, basically a giant lava demon spider) keeps butchering me. I read up all the facts, know every trick in the book by this point ot fight him, still manages to swat me out of the air and completely ruin any chance I have of hitting him.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:03 pm
SilentVex
Okami Ameras

I feel you. This stupid Phantom (for those that don't know, basically a giant lava demon spider) keeps butchering me. I read up all the facts, know every trick in the book by this point ot fight him, still manages to swat me out of the air and completely ruin any chance I have of hitting him.
The Devil May Cry games are known for being Crazy hard. Hell, most games by that particular company are know for being crazy hard. Take Bayonetta, for example. I played Devil May Cry 3 and had a hard time beating most of the bosses. I think the only one I didn't have too hard a time beating was Gigapede. Virgil was a real pain, and Navan... how the hell do you fight her and not get hit? I swear. >.<

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:18 pm
Okami Ameras
SilentVex
Okami Ameras

The Devil May Cry games are known for being Crazy hard. Hell, most games by that particular company are know for being crazy hard. Take Bayonetta, for example. I played Devil May Cry 3 and had a hard time beating most of the bosses. I think the only one I didn't have too hard a time beating was Gigapede. Virgil was a real pain, and Navan... how the hell do you fight her and not get hit? I swear. >.<

Heh, sorry. I'll feel your pain in two more games.

Meanwhile I'm having the most passionate cuss fest at my televison in my whole life. Phantom is just berserk after a little bit. I wasn't prepared for that.

On the flip side I actually know what I'm doing and have a plan...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:21 pm
SilentVex
Okami Ameras
SilentVex
Okami Ameras

Meanwhile I'm having the most passionate cuss fest at my televison in my whole life. Phantom is just berserk after a little bit. I wasn't prepared for that.

Good luck. With annoying bosses, you'll need it.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:22 pm
I'll say right now that I never beat God of War because of a section underwater where you have to get past a bunch of spiked walls that rush toward you.

I also never beat Megaman Battle Network 4, due to the final level's ridiculous maze timed puzzle. I beat every other Megaman Battle Network game I ever played easily (except maybe 3, which had a b***h of a final boss), but not that one.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:29 pm
Okami Ameras
SilentVex
Okami Ameras
SilentVex
Okami Ameras

It eventually worked. Total attempt number ranging around...10-20.

And almost every boss in this game is reputed to be fought three times. Including this one.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:34 pm
SilentVex
Okami Ameras
SilentVex
Okami Ameras
SilentVex
Okami Ameras

It eventually worked. Total attempt number ranging around...10-20.

And almost every boss in this game is reputed to be fought three times. Including this one.
I know games like that.

My favorite namesake game, (The game I names this account after, Okami) had every boss (save for the very last) show up at least twice. Orochi, the 8 headed serpent, shows up to fight you 3 times. Once when you free the area of his evil taint, second when you go back in time and defeat him the (first, second?) time, and last when you are on the Celestial Ark. You can't go on to finish off the final boss without beating him and the rest of his buddies first. After a few of the play throughs you get quite good at using Amaterasu's powers to beat the crap outta things.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:42 pm
I feel your pain. I never got very far in an Xmen game I had for the Genises. I never beat the final bob(super shredder) for a TMNT game for the super nintendo. I never got past a rock monster thing in Rayman for the PS. And don't even get me started on Dark Souls *shudders*  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:44 pm
Okami Ameras

Ha, very good.

Of course the immediate next thing that happens in the next level is he chases you shooting fireballs at your head.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:46 pm
SilentVex
Okami Ameras

Ha, very good.

Of course the immediate next thing that happens in the next level is he chases you shooting fireballs at your head.
Naturally. You expect anything else out of a Devil May Cry game?

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:52 pm
Okami Ameras
SilentVex
Okami Ameras

Ha, very good.

Remember its my first time playing the game, let alone getting past the first boss. Of course after the first time I realized I was RIGHT NEXT TO A DOOR that would immediately end the chase.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:16 pm
SilentVex
Okami Ameras
SilentVex
Okami Ameras

Ha, very good.

Remember its my first time playing the game, let alone getting past the first boss. Of course after the first time I realized I was RIGHT NEXT TO A DOOR that would immediately end the chase.
xD Niice.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:30 pm
Okami Ameras

Alright I'm upset. The first boss made me cry rivers of sorrowful tears, the second one I beat on the first try with hardly any damage.  
"TDX" Tails Doll X - Video-Gaming Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff