Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Bible

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which version
  King James
  Other
View Results

Souijji

Lonely Mage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:42 am
Only one question. Am I the only one in this guild that still reads the King James version of the bible?

While I understand that many enjoy the New International or whatever it's called, it doesn't have the same ring as the old english does, not to mention the fact that some of what the newer translations say seems to contradict what my version says.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:47 pm
In terms of daily reading, I mostly use one called "Halleluyah Scriptures" and my daily verses are from the NIV. When studying, I do use the KJV, especially since the concordance uses the KJV. But I'm not loyal to any translation/version because it's just that: a translation. I don't know the original languages, and those are the ones that matter.

I have a preference for those that keep the Hebrew names because the way the name is written is actually how you pronounce it. razz Close second are KJV and the older versions. NIV and some of the newer ones have added some parenthetical clauses (well, I'm thinking of one in particular, Mark 7:19 in the NIV, NLT, NASB, ESV, and GW, that contradicts what the prophets, Jesus, and even the apostles said and practiced.) Let's just say, I don't have any qualms about a person choosing to be KJV-only. Some of these new versions can lead you astray if you only read that one version without comparing to other versions or following the original language with a concordance.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces