allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:06 am
I wanted to put a silly title and that's what came to mind xD

Over the years my troubles with insomnia have gotten worse, and still are. Since I can't really afford the medical attention to figure it out and hopefully solve it, I simply have to settle for guessing, pondering, and sharing. My general sumption is that a lot of it has to do with my family issues, there is a lot of fighting going on and I suffer greatly from it. Tonight is worse because I caught a bug from my sister and now I have a sore throat and though I've taken two drowsy medication I feel nothing :/ my nose is stuffy and runny, and my throat is itchy and my mattress is uncomfortable to begin with, all adding up to making it more difficult to fall asleep. Now I sit here, runny nose and itchy throat, watching Ink Master wishing there was cake in the house, just waiting to get tired enough to not resist sleep any longer. I miss the days of childhood when warm wilk was like a magic sleep inducing potion, though it probably worked because I had less stresses. If I could have my way about it, besides seeking medical help, I think I would embrace my insomnia, does that sound nuts? Possibly but I wouldn't know yet. I wouldn't fight it, I'd stay up and get business taken care of while I'm awake, get some cleaning done, watch TV and stuff. But that's not something I can test yet, my dad has always been on my case about my "bad sleeping habits" accusing me of being lazy and for a time I thought he was right but I've realized that that's not so, It was a combination of de-motivation, depression, and an all around lack of will to get up and face every morning.

So my Girls of Gaia, do you deal with insomnia? why? Does it come and do and how do you deal with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:39 am
I take medications for starters because waiting to "get tired" will never happen at the right time. I find the real magic comes with the bedtime routine. I discovered hyponosis/relaxation/meditation audios and now I'm ADDICTED. Imagine your entire body feeling completely relaxed, heavy, tired and your mind finally finding some PEACE. I have chronic pain and it even helps me to "ignore it" to get to sleep. I also like aromatherapy. I have an eyemask that blocks 100% of the light with an herb packet placed in it so I'm engulfed in "relaxing" smells. :p  

wisp stalk

Feral Lunatic

11,500 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Generous 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

allmostanyone

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:19 am
carrot et whip
I take medications for starters because waiting to "get tired" will never happen at the right time. I find the real magic comes with the bedtime routine. I discovered hypnosis/relaxation/meditation audios and now I'm ADDICTED. Imagine your entire body feeling completely relaxed, heavy, tired and your mind finally finding some PEACE. I have chronic pain and it even helps me to "ignore it" to get to sleep. I also like aromatherapy. I have an eyemask that blocks 100% of the light with an herb packet placed in it so I'm engulfed in "relaxing" smells. :p

I've been using some hypnosis too, I downloaded sleep and weight lose hypnosis apps. I wish I could say I addicted too though cuz that would be they are working on me, I can't say I feel any different. The problem sleep ones is that the speakers' voice are irritating, it's impossible to relax listening to them. I'm interested in aroma therapy but I can't afford the good stuff, I feel if you go "cheap" it's doesn't have the most effective results. Now I'm sitting here very restless, I'm tired but not enough to sleep I guess T.T Part of my problem is I think I avoid sleep really, I LOVE to sleep, you'd have to pay me big bucks to get out of bed in the morning, it's the time before falling a sleep I have issues with. Once I'm in bed with no distractions anymore then I start to think about my fears and stresses and the things that depress me and give anxiety, I end up crying to sleep some times.  
It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games