Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Testimonies
Testimoment :U

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hafunny

Magnetic Cleric

10,225 Points
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:38 am
Lol I'm sorry, I just love to play with titles and words and ANYWAYS.

I've been meaning to figure this out for awhile. I mean, I know my testimony, and I can give it, but I've never organized it out somewhere. SO I'm going to type it out here. :B

So... Two versions. Scroll down for the long one.... Otherwise::::::

Short version:
My parents divorced, and I was a child that had bottled up emotions. I would get into fights a LOT with my step-mom and/or dad. After these fights, my dad and I would talk, and he would tell me things like how God loved me and had a plan for me. I didn't really pay mind.

However, one day, I remember sitting down at the breakfast table and we were talking. I remember he was saying the same old stuff, honestly I can't remember his words. The thing I do remember is looking into his eye's and seeing something more. I had a moment of completeness.

In that moment, I knew, by looking into my dad's eyes, that God was real. I knew that he wasn't just any god, but he was THE God. I knew in my heart, and I knew in my mind the answer to a question I didn't think much about before.

Not only did I know that completeness, but I knew that I wanted that God. I just knew, and I also knew that it was the one and only God that revealed that to me through my dad.

Long version:

So when I was younger (12/13ish) my parents divorced. My brother and I actually saw this coming. There was no love in their eyes. I remember asking them earlier that year if they were going to get divorced, and though they said no, I didn't believe them. (They fought a lot, although they hid this very well from me, I could tell just by looking in their eyes. )

SO my dad left. Like I said, not a surprise. I remember my mom (she has depression and takes meds for it---but I don't really know the technical stuff about that. ) would spend the nights crying and my brother and I would go down and comfort her.

I honestly didn't think much of it. It didn't really matter much to me. Or, I thought.

My dad had moved back to my hometown, he commuted that way anyways because of his job. So he wasn't home often, and having him gone wasn't a big deal. During that summer, I went to spend a month with him, for that was decided between my parents. (My mother also moved down to the same city during that month as well. )

So life went on for a bit. I met my Dad's new girlfriend, I didn't think much of her. Actually I didn't really interact with her much, more for the reason that I didn't think she'd like me. Towards the end of my month with my dad, we learned that my mother had breast cancer. It was stage 3, so it wasn't good.

I can recall my father walking into my room in the morning, crying, to tell me the news. (I actually was mad, because I didn't believe that he meant those tears and words that he cared. )

So, because of the chemotherapy (makes your immune system super weak), I stayed longer with my dad and would go visit my mom from time to time.

AND so throughout that time living with my dad, there were many fights; fights between my step mom and me, my dad and me, my dad and mom, etc. I would bottle up all this emotion and BAM. Eventually I was able to move back in with my mother. (She is still alive, so yay she survived. smile )

I remember one summer over the years, I went to my dad's for a month. Again, there were fights. The thing that would usually happen at the end of the fights (that included me) is that my dad would always talk to me about how God had a plan for me and how God loves me. I dunno, it was all a blur on what he said. It all mixes together now, and I would just nod and such. I didn't really think to believe what he said, nor did I really care. They were just nice words to hear, and I was just glad to be done with whatever situation it was a the time.

But there was one day that my dad was talking to me about the same old thing. We were having this discussion about how God loves me, has a plan. Honestly, I don't remember what he said, it was just the usual stuff. HOWEVER, the thing I remember was the look in my dad's eyes. There was something more. Whatever it was my dad said, I remember sitting at the table and looking at him, and thinking, "God is real. I want that."

I don't know if you have ever had that moment of complete clarity, but I had it right there. There was no doubt in my mind, no questions. It was a complete and utter answer to a question I didn't really think much of before then. I knew with beyond a shadow of a doubt, in my heart and mind--- heck, in my whole being, that God was real. Not just any god, but THE GOD.

And I guess that's my moment.

Now, there is always more to the story. While I did pray more and God did work in my life, it took some trials and a couple of years before I actually dove in and read the bible more. Another story for another time, but I would encourage everyone to remember: Our life is our testimony. This is just the "turning point" moment... (I guess.) Your story isn't over, even after your body passes away.

Recent thing I spoke to God about... (We were talking and he helped me come up with this mini poem~~~ )

//God saw my dead body and he told me.

"Breathe"

"Live"

"Love"

And when I asked Him how, he said,

"Watch me."//

God is here now, let him share his passion with you. The adventure is here. It will be 10000 times better in heaven, so keep heaven minded, but that doesn't mean you need to wait till you get to heaven to start your adventure. Go to where God is and show people the need they don't know they have. Show them the relationship they don't know they are needing and missing.

Adventure on, yo, and goodnight!~ ^^---

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:38 am
John 15:16
"Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you"

I also agree with 'Our life is our testimony' ^_^
Thanks for sharing.

I love adventure too! I know God plans the best for us in earth and in the life to come wink  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:16 am
Beautiful Testimony emotion_bigheart

hafunny

Go to where God is and show people the need they don't know they have. Show them the relationship they don't know they are needing and missing.

Adventure on, yo, and goodnight!~ ^^---

And this...what a "coincidence", that I just happened to share my testimony in a place that seems devoid of the biblical God. Which reminds me, I may have posted parts of my journey/testimony, here and there throughout the guild, but I never typed it all up in this sub forum I don't think. Timely reminder to do so. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:27 pm
hafunny

That.. was beautiful..
Thank you SO much for sharing your testimony with us emotion_hug
I'm so happy and glad that your dad, despite the fights, would always tell you about God and His amazing plan for us : )

I also love the poem! Praise God indeed ♥
I can't wait until the feature of 'favoriting' posts both on forums and guilds will be released to everyone. There are SO many posts and replies that I want to favorite. :3  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

911child

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:56 pm
really amazing story. And i like your little poem. God bless.  
Testimonies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games