Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Active and Inactive Games?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiwi Blitz

Hilarious Lunatic

5,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14 am
Hm, just been looking around the guild and wondering which game subforums are active or not, for my own reference. I just wanna know because I enjoy reading the adventures on here, and am just wondering since I haven't looked through them all yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 am
A list of the ones that have been active within the last 6 days, given life normally gets in the way a week is a good starting point to see if something is active or not....

[Pathfinder] Krad Hill Encounters
[Werewolf: TA] - Quest
[L5R 4e] Cartographers
[Pathfinder] This Is Our Town
[Fire Emblem] Rise of the Fallen
[D&D 4e] Tower of the Bright Ones
[D&D 4e] In the Name of Experience
[D&D 4e] Scales of War
[Pathfinder] - Hidden Agendas  

Xun Ira

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:43 pm
it is so irritating when the game simply dies scream

i had such high hopes for settlers as a story crying

i think we need more consistent people, once every few days is fast enough to keep it going but we hard seem to keep the members for that length of time....  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:04 pm
Xenar1

i think we need more consistent people, once every few days is fast enough to keep it going but we hard seem to keep the members for that length of time....

I've sort of noticed that, too  

Kiwi Blitz

Hilarious Lunatic

5,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:05 am
Xenar1

I got derailed by RL stuff. I moved to my new city in May and the job I got hired at, they decided to stop hiring after me. We've been short handed and they decided to try to see if they can get by with a skeleton crew. This means I end up working a lot of overtime each night, because if I don't, I'll need to come in on Saturday and work that overtime. I'd rather work 5 10-hour days than 6 8-hour days. The hour drive doesn't help things either.

I'm covering for two people's jobs every day while one is on medical leave; she comes back in the beginning of November, and I'll be looking for a new, nonsucky job immediately upon her return. That's why things have been rough for me since about late July/early August, when she left.

Worse part about it? The other person's job? People keep getting shocked that I'm only hourly. They say "Purchasing is a salaried job, it pays pretty well. How are you still hourly?" So I'm sure I'm get shafted a good deal of money for covering that second job.

tl;dr version = I'm stressed and tired, but that'll probably change in November.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:41 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Xun Ira

Kiwi Blitz

Hilarious Lunatic

5,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:31 am
Rain Yupa
Xenar1

I got derailed by RL stuff. I moved to my new city in May and the job I got hired at, they decided to stop hiring after me. We've been short handed and they decided to try to see if they can get by with a skeleton crew. This means I end up working a lot of overtime each night, because if I don't, I'll need to come in on Saturday and work that overtime. I'd rather work 5 10-hour days than 6 8-hour days. The hour drive doesn't help things either.

I'm covering for two people's jobs every day while one is on medical leave; she comes back in the beginning of November, and I'll be looking for a new, nonsucky job immediately upon her return. That's why things have been rough for me since about late July/early August, when she left.

Worse part about it? The other person's job? People keep getting shocked that I'm only hourly. They say "Purchasing is a salaried job, it pays pretty well. How are you still hourly?" So I'm sure I'm get shafted a good deal of money for covering that second job.

tl;dr version = I'm stressed and tired, but that'll probably change in November.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope everything clears up for you next month like you think. Real Life happens, it's sad but true, and I wouldn't blame ya for it. I know that's like, I just went through about 5 months of concentrated RL drama...

So, anyways, good luck! Hope you feel better soon, and we understand biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:28 pm
Rain Yupa
Xenar1

i know it rarely sounds like it but i do understand smile
i hope you feel better soon  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:22 am
I'm actually looking for games that I can join, using classic D&D or Pathfinder rules without much modifications, since the games I play irl tends to merge with other stupid things or ended up with some singular character killing off everything while we stay helpless, watching each and every character we created being slaughtered like pigs *shivers* or them modifying spells to be overpowered like a simple Bestow Curse spell to become a Desecrate Land spell without upgrading the requirements, or like the Mage Armor spell which is supposed to increase AC, but it ended up nullifying any damage for the rounds it was up. Get my drift?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:21 am
GregarMoon
I'm actually looking for games that I can join, using classic D&D or Pathfinder rules without much modifications, since the games I play irl tends to merge with other stupid things or ended up with some singular character killing off everything while we stay helpless, watching each and every character we created being slaughtered like pigs *shivers* or them modifying spells to be overpowered like a simple Bestow Curse spell to become a Desecrate Land spell without upgrading the requirements, or like the Mage Armor spell which is supposed to increase AC, but it ended up nullifying any damage for the rounds it was up. Get my drift?

^ this.  

KenshiroKameMeijin

Dapper Guildsman

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 am
GregarMoon

KenshiroKameMeijin
^ this.

Liquidor has a heavily modified game, character creation wise... but the rest of the game is normal rules

WhimsicalXellos has a game in the works, that is Psionics based...No magic.

A group of us are starting a game, where the DM changes between missions. Work in progress....

All are pathfinder... Most games here don't change the main rules, just change character creation and/or something small that the DM doesn't like about the rules, but everything is normally up front and open for you to see.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:10 pm
Xun Ira
GregarMoon

KenshiroKameMeijin
^ this.

Liquidor has a heavily modified game, character creation wise... but the rest of the game is normal rules

WhimsicalXellos has a game in the works, that is Psionics based...No magic.

A group of us are starting a game, where the DM changes between missions. Work in progress....

All are pathfinder... Most games here don't change the main rules, just change character creation and/or something small that the DM doesn't like about the rules, but everything is normally up front and open for you to see.

Any one that is constantly active and is looking for someone to join in the game?  

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm
GregarMoon
Any one that is constantly active and is looking for someone to join in the game?

Keep in mind constant here is waiting anywhere between a few hours to a few days for respond, but as of now... currently Liquidor's Krad Hill Encounters is open and accepting people(we have 4 loyal players, but real life is a drag on game play.) It will take some time in character creation, and a lot of time outside the game, as you aren't just playing one of the standard races, but a homo superior(as X-men calls it). Using race creation rules in pathfinder... though there isn't any rules against playing a normal human. On top of that, you have a change in creation rules and are playing a Gestalt class(best of two classes for one hybrid level)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games