Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So I Haven't Been Here in So Long But...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:34 pm
This summer I found out that along with being pansexual I am also genderfluid.
This helped me so much. I had been going through a bit of dysphoria every so often in the last few months. Then I was visiting my family and while talking to my cousin (who I had told the year previously that I was pansexual) she just said that I was genderfluid.
This helped so much. I had finally figured out what was up.
Before that I felt weird. Just really off when I would stare at dresses then suddenly want a suit and to be referred to as male (my pronouns are whatever the hell you feel like calling me).
But as I noticed, simply finding what my "label" is doesn't help everything.
I don't know what to do on my "dude" days. I don't have a binder nor have the money for it. I often wear hoodies but it doesn't help it all. Since I live with my parents (turning 17 in December), I have no way of getting things like this.
Do any of you know ways to help this? It gets really bad sometimes so I'd like to try and stop the feeling as best I can.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:51 am
As some tips if you want to compress your chest never, ever, use ace bandages they can cause some serious damage and even deformities.

If you have sports bras then you can try getting a men's compression shirt in sports for about 15-20 bucks at walmart (it may be in the underwear section as well) - if you wear the sports bra, plus compression shirt it'll provide some flatness - and layering helps as well

You can also search online for donation programs (for binders) and submit a form in to them and if you don't feel comfortable having it shipped at home, then you could ask a friend if they could take the package for you.

Added::
Also... whenever possible, I would recommend seeking a gender therapist but that would also involve coming out to your parents at this time.

You're welcome to PM me as well I can provide some insight but not a whole lot (depending on the case)  

FauxZombie

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:33 am
FauxZombie
As some tips if you want to compress your chest never, ever, use ace bandages they can cause some serious damage and even deformities.

If you have sports bras then you can try getting a men's compression shirt in sports for about 15-20 bucks at walmart (it may be in the underwear section as well) - if you wear the sports bra, plus compression shirt it'll provide some flatness - and layering helps as well

You can also search online for donation programs (for binders) and submit a form in to them and if you don't feel comfortable having it shipped at home, then you could ask a friend if they could take the package for you.

Also... whenever possible, I would recommend seeking a gender therapist but that would also involve coming out to your parents at this time.

You're welcome to PM me as well I can provide some insight but not a whole lot (depending on the case)

I've been looking into cosplay for awhile (and have used cosplay as an excuse to look for binders) and my family said ACE bandage. I'll keep what you said in mind.

Thanks! I'll look into those when I got shopping next.

Ah. I'll check it out but I don't have anyone I can send it to. Only one friend knows and I don't think she'd be comfortable with it.

I'll have to look into that when I move out since there isn't a therapist where I live.

Got it. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the reply!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:44 pm
holywarriorprincess11
FauxZombie

I've been looking into cosplay for awhile (and have used cosplay as an excuse to look for binders) and my family said ACE bandage. I'll keep what you said in mind.

Ah. I'll check it out but I don't have anyone I can send it to. Only one friend knows and I don't think she'd be comfortable with it.

I'll have to look into that when I move out since there isn't a therapist where I live.

THere are some gender therapists who do skype sessions smile the next best bet would then be to look for LGBT friendly ones

If you want to buy a binder, Underworks is the one to go to as they generally are more affordable  

FauxZombie

holywarriorprincess11

Familiar Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:04 pm
FauxZombie
holywarriorprincess11
FauxZombie

THere are some gender therapists who do skype sessions smile the next best bet would then be to look for LGBT friendly ones

If you want to buy a binder, Underworks is the one to go to as they generally are more affordable

Skype has been glitchy lately but I'll check it out!

Thanks! Being near broke, I need cheap but good one!

Thanks for your help!! biggrin  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff