View Results

eleMENTAL_chick

Lonely Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:05 pm
Ok so it is the first time I've been back on here in about a year or so. I have been a member since August 2005.(right before Hurricane Katrina) So much has changed. I never imagined Gaia would grow so much. So I'm asking for your opinion. What do you think is better the old school classic Gaia or the new hooked up Gaia? Discuss what has changed about this site, what you miss about it, or what you hope to see from Gaia in the future.

Thanks
~ele

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 pm
I have no idea... I've only been here just over a year.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:44 pm
eleMENTAL_chick
Ok so it is the first time I've been back on here in about a year or so. I have been a member since August 2005.(right before Hurricane Katrina) So much has changed. I never imagined Gaia would grow so much. So I'm asking for your opinion. What do you think is better the old school classic Gaia or the new hooked up Gaia? Discuss what has changed about this site, what you miss about it, or what you hope to see from Gaia in the future.

Thanks
~ele

I like the new Gaia items and the upgraded events, etc. But I hate that now
everything seems to revolve around cash. emotion_0A0 What happened to bumping
trees for hours? emotion_0A0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:48 am
I miss the old Gaia. I also miss the feeling I got from playing it all those years ago. Maybe it was because I was younger? I don't know exactly.
Compared to before there are alot more items now, I'm not sure if I like that. It used to be so simple when everybody knew all the items by head.

I do like that they made it a bit more nicer for the new people with more cheaper clothing. I started out with just the peasants outfit. -.-  

Chiruro

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:19 pm
I do like how there have been SO many items since I first joined Gaia. You can find practically anything for your avi. The whole dollar-centric attitude is kind of a peeve for me, mostly because I dislike all things currency.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:43 am
User Image User Image

Well, I can't say that I'm that old here. Been in this site for only 3 years. But so far, I'm loving the new items. They're much more versatile and easy to use. But I do dislike the fact that it's getting harder to gain those items. Somehow, it seems easier to quest things back then than now.

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

LollyxBeans

Rainbow Roisterer

11,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:03 am
I've been here since 07, and I'm honestly a little torn about which I prefer.
On one hand, I'm loving all of the new item ideas. They're gorgeous and versatile and there are so many to choose from. On the other hand, inflation is OUTRAGEOUS. I remember when 20k was like "Woah man I am never going to afford that."
It's easy to get gold now, but everything is so expensive it doesn't even matter. People buy things with cash and then expect you to pay out the nose for it in a gold price, and I don't like that.

I also really don't like being bombarded with demands to buy cash. Honestly, if the ad you showed me yesterday on MyGaia didn't make me buy some, why do you think trying again will? I'm broke. Stop it.

Their focus on gcash is saddening and their marketing schemes are outright insulting. Until I start seeing some improvements to the site itself and how it's run, I won't support their money grab. They said it was to fund their sister site and to help run more events, but so far this halloween event has only been filled with errors and things they've needed to fix.
Is that what everyone's been paying for? Half-assed work that isn't even finished when you release it?

Idk. It seems to me like they're trying? But they aren't trying hard enough.
I like this site, the sense of community it has, the friends I've made here. But with all of this focus on gc, they're losing that. Tons of my friends have quit in response to it, and I don't want to quit too, but I'm very quickly losing my patience with the invasive pop up ads.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:00 pm
LollyxBeans

On one hand, I'm loving all of the new item ideas. They're gorgeous and versatile and there are so many to choose from. On the other hand, inflation is OUTRAGEOUS. I remember when 20k was like "Woah man I am never going to afford that."
It's easy to get gold now, but everything is so expensive it doesn't even matter. People buy things with cash and then expect you to pay out the nose for it in a gold price, and I don't like that.

I also really don't like being bombarded with demands to buy cash. Honestly, if the ad you showed me yesterday on MyGaia didn't make me buy some, why do you think trying again will? I'm broke. Stop it.

Their focus on gcash is saddening and their marketing schemes are outright insulting. Until I start seeing some improvements to the site itself and how it's run, I won't support their money grab. They said it was to fund their sister site and to help run more events, but so far this halloween event has only been filled with errors and things they've needed to fix.
Is that what everyone's been paying for? Half-assed work that isn't even finished when you release it?

I like this site, the sense of community it has, the friends I've made here. But with all of this focus on gc, they're losing that. Tons of my friends have quit in response to it, and I don't want to quit too, but I'm very quickly losing my patience with the invasive pop up ads.

If I could tip you, I would :}
agreed to all that  

Alicia007

Beloved Exhibitionist

18,375 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • 50 Wins 150

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:38 pm
I really don't like the new direction Gaia is taking but I don't want old, old Gaia with nothing but forums.

I want 2008 Gaia back. To me, 2008 felt like Gaia's prime. They had the most users then, awesome site events, zOMG was hot and popular, kick-a** sponsor goodies and activities, etc, etc...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:47 pm
Towns 2 has the New Gaia summarized nicely emotion_awesome

User Image

I joined in June 2008, shortly before zOMG! came out  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 pm
I'll remember my join date on Gaia for a long time, August 8th 2008. 8-8-08. I only met one person on here who has that same date. To me, Gaia will never be the same home on the internet that I fell in love with. I always knew I'd stop logging on someday, but I didn't think it would be so soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:39 pm
LollyxBeans

Yeah. I heard a rumor that there is a new CEO is in charge, but I hardly focus on that to even remotely care. I do know some of my favorite admins are gone :/

My personal opinion is that their head is up their a**'. I have a bad feeling we're gunna have to ditch gaia soon and look for new sites. But on the flip side, I don't think most people, including myself, really care about the gcash and would rather stay and get more and more gold (that is in tell they start ditching the gold and going to just straight cash). It's hard to leave a site you've been on for years.  

Kumiko Fujiwa

Fluffy Lovergirl

13,225 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Annikou

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:55 pm
eleMENTAL_chick

••• Happy Halloween

Your avatar is too cute.

Now on to the question, I miss the old gaiaonline. From 2004 - 2007. It was just so much simpler back in the day. I really enjoyed it. Now it seems gaia is all about the money, which is not fun at all.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:42 pm
I had an OLD account,AND I MISS GAIA CINEMA!!! D:
Luckily,I found a loophole that might work! biggrin  

slackercore

Capitalist

diet bepis

Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:14 pm
I joined my original account in 2008 and, damn, I was really addicted to this site, Ive been taking really long bits of absence from the site, but it's more for personal stuff than Gaia stuff... but everytime I come back there's something new, and, usually, that something costs cash. I've bought Gaia cash a few times, mostly just because I was questing or something or other but now everything is just so ridiculous... not to mention, all my Gaia friends have long left by now... i'll always love this site though, i feel like it's something i can't really find anywhere else, and i don't plan on ever permanently quitting, but i used to spend six hours a day, everyday on here, whereas now it's much, much, much less... honestly, maybe it's not gaia, maybe it's just me growing up, but I feel like Gaia's prime was in 2008-2009, but, like i said, i was really popular on here then, had lots of friends and lots of gold and a kick a** avi, and was actually a crew member of this particular guild for a while...ahh I'm getting nostalgic, I'll shut up now. gaia_kittenstar

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games