Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply West Coast & Mountain Conventions
Aki Con!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to Aki Con?
YES!! I'll see you there!!
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No . . . :'(
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:42 pm
WOOT!! Aki Con! It may be a small Con, but it's still fun. Hope to see other Gaian's there! New location, plus Eyeshine will be there!!

My friend and I will be Good and Bad Lolitas, hanging out with a Spirit from Soul Eater. Say "Hi" if you see us! heart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:31 am
Will you post how it went this year? I want to know if they improved over last year.  

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

Sellesion

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:16 am
I didn't attend Aki this year, but last year in 2k13 I was actually in the Artist Alley selling stuff. emotion_kirakira Might you have seen my booth!?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:53 pm
Sellesion
I didn't attend Aki this year, but last year in 2k13 I was actually in the Artist Alley selling stuff. emotion_kirakira Might you have seen my booth!?

Mayhaps, the Artist Alley is kind of small so I'm sure I walked past/ browsed your table. ^_^  

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

Sellesion

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:57 pm
Bermese
Sellesion

Mayhaps, the Artist Alley is kind of small so I'm sure I walked past/ browsed your table. ^_^

Indeed. I was surprised how many artists got smooshed in there though! And man, my room was cold for the first two days, and then another artist noticed there was a thermostat on the wall to turn the heat on. XD

Did ya happen to buy any cute clip-on hair bows, earrings, or a mustache on a stick done masquerade mask style?
I was with a friend of mine at the time and we had all kinds of weird stuff. haha.

With any luck though, my business will be back and better than ever for Sakura Con in Seattle this upcoming April. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:03 pm
Sellesion
Bermese
Sellesion

Indeed. I was surprised how many artists got smooshed in there though! And man, my room was cold for the first two days, and then another artist noticed there was a thermostat on the wall to turn the heat on. XD

Did ya happen to buy any cute clip-on hair bows, earrings, or a mustache on a stick done masquerade mask style?
I was with a friend of mine at the time and we had all kinds of weird stuff. haha.

With any luck though, my business will be back and better than ever for Sakura Con in Seattle this upcoming April. biggrin

I only bought a poster and some Pokemon key chains. However my friend bought a bunch of different bow's and accessories from a lot of different booths.
I can't believe how small those rooms were, and no one would move a little so you could get past them. It was really hard to move around in a big frilly dress. xd

Bermese

Dedicated Fatcat

11,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Wall Street 200

Sellesion

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:36 pm
Bermese
Sellesion
Bermese
Sellesion

I only bought a poster and some Pokemon key chains. However my friend bought a bunch of different bow's and accessories from a lot of different booths.
I can't believe how small those rooms were, and no one would move a little so you could get past them. It was really hard to move around in a big frilly dress. xd

Oh how fun! I love big pretty dresses.
It's true though, it was hard to navigate the Artist alley with how small those rooms were. With a big dress, I wouldn't blame you for not going in too much. XP  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:00 am
I'll be attending this con for the first time this year! Is anyone else going? What are your impressions of it?  

xinitia

Crew

Sellesion

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:53 pm
xinitia
I'll be attending this con for the first time this year! Is anyone else going? What are your impressions of it?

I'll be attending as well! My impression from my time in 2013 was that it was a fun small con that was easy enough to sell at.
But the con over all has a bad rep, so I'm worried they might not overcome it. 2012 was really bad from what I've heard and read, and then 2013 later became infamous for something bad that happened. A lot of people blame the con, and while I think they could have done a better job, its also something that I can understand is very hard for them to have had any control over, and it can't be changed, so it's also unfair for everyone to put all the blame on the con. Blame the bad guy who committed the act- he should be responsible for his choices. Anyway, aside from that, 2013 was fun until all of that came out into the open afterwords, and I haven't heard anything bad about 2014, so maybe the con is recovering. I'll be there this year to try and get my name out there and sell stuff again now that I'm more experienced with better products.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:35 pm
Hey Guy's, is anyone going to Aki tomorrow? I'll be there selling in the Artist alley and would love to meet you guys. You should stop by!  

Sellesion

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:15 am
Sellesion
Hey Guy's, is anyone going to Aki tomorrow? I'll be there selling in the Artist alley and would love to meet you guys. You should stop by!

Sellesion, I'm curious, what are you going to be selling at the Con and did you make the items yourself. Also let us know if things have improved at the Aki Artist Alley. Best of Luck at selling your items. Wish I could be their to meet you. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:52 pm
Hello. I went to AkiCon on Saturday! It was my first Con, and I got J. Micheal Tatum's autograph on a Kuroshitsuji mouse pad! I also bought Sebastian's pocket watch, a Kingdom Hearts button, and an Axel keychain thingy! Sorry if I'm overly excited, but it was awesome! I got some cards from artists in the Artist Alley, my sister got commissions, and I got lots of pictures of cosplayers! I was with a Catbug, who was recognized by just about everyone. Three people recognized my cosplay, which was cool, and one even asked for a picture of me! All in all, a great first Con.

Lady Shimizu

Feline Genius

12,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Blood_Red_Moon_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:59 pm
Sellesion

I was there on Saturday as Max from Life is Strange. What booth were you?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:13 pm
Lady Shimizu
Hello. I went to AkiCon on Saturday! It was my first Con, and I got J. Micheal Tatum's autograph on a Kuroshitsuji mouse pad! I also bought Sebastian's pocket watch, a Kingdom Hearts button, and an Axel keychain thingy! Sorry if I'm overly excited, but it was awesome! I got some cards from artists in the Artist Alley, my sister got commissions, and I got lots of pictures of cosplayers! I was with a Catbug, who was recognized by just about everyone. Three people recognized my cosplay, which was cool, and one even asked for a picture of me! All in all, a great first Con.

Hi Lady Shimizu,

Back on Halloween I went to Youmacon 2015 in Downtown Detroit. It was my 12th Convention!! Every Anime / Cosplay Con that I go to I still feel the same magic that I felt at my first con which was Youmacon 2009.

I'm very happy to hear how wonderful your first Convention experience was. Since I'm a Cosplay Photographer I get to meet and talk to a lot of different people at conventions whether they be cosplayers, other photographers, or people in general who simply Love Anime. Manga, Cosplaying, and so much more.

This year the joy that I felt at Youmacon was even greater than usual. This was because I finally got to meet one of our wonderful Guild Members in Person. I got to meet "kyari cloudcakes" who also lives in Michigan. Since she was going to cosplay "Queen Serenity" we agreed to meet at the Con's Official Sailor Moon Photoshoot. At the end of the official photoshoot I found "Kyari" and then I started a more private photoshoot with just her and some other Sailor Moon series Cosplayers that stayed behind.

One photo taken was of "Kyari" and I together where she was wearing her Queen Serenity Cosplay outfit and I was wearing my Syaoran Cosplay outfit which is from the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle series. That photo and some of the other photos that I took this year at Youmacon I will be posting in the Guild. I will announce it when those photos are ready to check out.

I hope that in the future other Guild Members will be able to meet up at conventions. Thanks for sharing with us your convention experience. This is a big part of what this Guild is about.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Lady Shimizu

Feline Genius

12,275 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:56 pm
smithers456

Woah! You're a pro Convention-goer! I met someone who's gone 3 times, but 12!? You're so lucky! It sounds really cool, I've never been to Michigan. Then again, I've only been to three states. I'm sorry, but I've never really seen Sailor Moon or Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle so I don't know who those people are. But I looked them up and they look pretty cool! I'm sure your cosplay was great, and theirs. I'll be looking forward to those photos! Sorry for all the exclamations, but I'm still really excited and happy. Not having homework today may be contributing to that.

West Coast & Mountain Conventions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff