Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Do You Believe in Ghosts? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:22 am
Do You Believe in Ghosts?

[Working link April 5th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:52 am
I used to..until I read this xD'
I think it's deceiving how demons can trick us into feeling the presence of someone's soul or seeing certain things that mimic the one's who've passed on.  

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:13 am
I too believe they're demonic spirits. The bible is clear we don't linger behind, "trapped", after death. We're taken somewhere (She'ol/Hades).

However, I would point out that the following is an assumption Christianity often makes with no scriptural support:

Quote:
However, these aren’t ghosts; they’re demons—fallen angels—governed by Satan (Matthew 12:22–28 ).

The bible does have evidence for fallen angels and it does have evidence for demons, but the assumption happens by claiming they are one in the same. Not a single verse in the canon asserts that they're the same thing. The Book of Enoch says evil spirits came from the fallen angels' offspring with human women (from the giants). Not really a contentious point, just thought it interesting since it does account for why we have giants and demons in the first place. Two creatures that are just taken for granted in the accepted canon but whose origins never get an actual explanation in the 66 books.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:39 am
Vote 3 for demons, death doesn't work that way. Besides ghosts being un-Biblical, it seems *mighty* odd that people would float around, as opposed to going to their chosen afterlife, scaring people and denying Jesus. And a lot of times in those so-called ghosts have to throw it out there that Jesus can't help the person they are haunting.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:47 pm
apiyo
Vote 3 for demons, death doesn't work that way. Besides ghosts being un-Biblical, it seems *mighty* odd that people would float around, as opposed to going to their chosen afterlife, scaring people and denying Jesus. And a lot of times in those so-called ghosts have to throw it out there that Jesus can't help the person they are haunting.
¨
I was watching a show yesterday with a woman who claimed to speak on behalf of the dead, and what struck me was the absence of Jesus when the spirits talked... They mentioned heaven, and God, giving the impression that they were from Heaven, but they left out the most important name, without which we can't go to heaven. To me that is very revealing when it comes to their nature. They are playing a game of distraction. Preying on peoples emotions. The grief people feel when they lose someone they love, and their desire to see them again, to sow ideas that we all go to heaven, no salvation, and no forgiveness needed.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:22 pm
Garland-Green
apiyo
¨
I was watching a show yesterday with a woman who claimed to speak on behalf of the dead, and what struck me was the absence of Jesus when the spirits talked... They mentioned heaven, and God, giving the impression that they were from Heaven, but they left out the most important name, without which we can't go to heaven. To me that is very revealing when it comes to their nature. They are playing a game of distraction. Preying on peoples emotions. The grief people feel when they lose someone they love, and their desire to see them again, to sow ideas that we all go to heaven, no salvation, and no forgiveness needed.

Are you talking about the a certain Jersey-based medium?  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:32 pm
Yes, I do believe in ghosts and I do believe that there are people out there with a gift, which can probably feel like a curse at times, to see things of the spiritual plane that others are not able to see.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:56 pm
apiyo
Garland-Green
apiyo
¨

Are you talking about the a certain Jersey-based medium?

Yes. The show was called “Long Island Medium”  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Acenintendo

Newbie Mage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:26 pm
Spirit Reborn
I think it's deceiving how demons can trick us into feeling the presence of someone's soul or seeing certain things that mimic the one's who've passed on.
while demons will sometimes use your dear loved ones as tools to gain your trust, i do fully believe that there are good spirits. They choose to stay behind, it would be a very dark world if all spirits were evil. But be sure Demons are much more rare and powerful than a bad spirit. But the Bible also says angels exist here, so if your not talking about spirits, then by the very least if demons exist so do angels.
you of course are free to believe what u will ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:28 pm
Aquatic_blue
Yes, I do believe in ghosts and I do believe that there are people out there with a gift, which can probably feel like a curse at times, to see things of the spiritual plane that others are not able to see.
some of those people had to study hard for years for a "gift" like that
wink  

Acenintendo

Newbie Mage

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:32 pm
Acenintendo
Spirit Reborn
while demons will sometimes use your dear loved ones as tools to gain your trust, i do fully believe that there are good spirits. They choose to stay behind, it would be a very dark world if all spirits were evil. But be sure Demons are much more rare and powerful than a bad spirit. But the Bible also says angels exist here, so if your not talking about spirits, then by the very least if demons exist so do angels.

Indeed, I believe in Angels as well as demons. When you mention good spirits, are you referring to angels? :0  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:34 pm
Spirit Reborn
Acenintendo
Spirit Reborn

Indeed, I believe in Angels as well as demons. When you mention good spirits, are you referring to angels? :0
No im referring to a thing many christians do not believe in
spirits left behind. however christians like the ones hear clearly believe they are demons, so why try to contact or understand them? I wouldnt try if i believed that was the case. But if they actually did. And did it the right way, with proper training an guidance, i think they would see not all spirits are evil, and maybe there are some spirits lingering behind. Even if the Bible doesnt mention them, it doesnt say they do not exist.  

Acenintendo

Newbie Mage

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:42 pm
Acenintendo
Spirit Reborn

spirits left behind. however christians like the ones hear clearly believe they are demons, so why try to contact or understand them? I wouldnt try if i believed that was the case. But if they actually did. And did it the right way, with proper training an guidance, i think they would see not all spirits are evil, and maybe there are some spirits lingering behind. Even if the Bible doesnt mention them, it doesnt say they do not exist.

Well, I can understand why Christians would believe they are demons if the Bible says they are, as we take the Bible as truth- God's Word. 3nodding For He is Holy and Just and as a result, does not lie.

It's interesting to read that all spirits are not evil however. I will see if I can read more on this, if any, in the Bible.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm
Spirit Reborn
Acenintendo
Spirit Reborn

Well, I can understand why Christians would believe they are demons if the Bible says they are, as we take the Bible as truth- God's Word. 3nodding For He is Holy and Just and as a result, does not lie.

It's interesting to read that all spirits are not evil however. I will see if I can read more on this, if any, in the Bible.

I have never heard of a place in the Bible that says all spirits are demons
it is something assumed  

Acenintendo

Newbie Mage

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:32 am
Isaiah 8:19 And when they say to you, “Inquire of the mediums and the necromancers who chirp and mutter,” should not a people inquire of their God? Should they inquire of the dead on behalf of the living?

Deuteronomy 18:10-12
There shall not be found among you anyone who burns his son or his daughter as an offering, anyone who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord. And because of these abominations the Lord your God is driving them out before you.

Leviticus 19:31
“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,

1 Chronicles 10:13-14
So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance. He did not seek guidance from the Lord. Therefore the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.  
Links

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff