Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Ummm... So...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crux_Nightmare

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:40 pm
Does anyone even post here anymore?
Seems rather empty for a club with over 7,000 members. neutral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:04 pm
We aren't especially active, no, but people do post. We usually see a few posts per day. (Which, by the way, you can see by the timestamp under "latest post" in the forums)
Regarding the number of users overall, the guild has been running for years; a lot of our members are no longer active on the site, or just prefer to lurk. We don't kick people out for inactivity, so the the membership total isn't indicative of the level of activity. *shrug*

We've tried various things to encourage activity, but haven't had much success. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share. 3nodding  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

CatsintheHat

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:35 pm
I personally just joined but I try to post at least once every few days.

As for ways to get people to be active: competitions, giveaways, redesign and expand the list of subforum topics, an IRC, Teamspeak/Vent/Mumble. These are all just guesses but if I think of more I'll be sure to list them here.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:01 pm
Those are good suggestions.

We had an IRC channel, and we do (or did?) have a guild hangout space here on Gaia. No one ever used either of them, as far as I know. Which is too bad, since I have always enjoyed IRC.

Regarding Teamspeak/Vent/etc., if someone is interested in starting a room/channel (whatever), they are welcome to do so. As I don't really have internet at home right now (just my cell), unfortunately I don't think I can be of much help with this particular idea.

I would be willing to provide some funds for contests or giveaways. We've had different contests in the past that I thought were pretty fun. The downside is that they didn't really increase activity, but regardless, I would like to hold more. Perhaps some holiday-themed ones?

On the subject of subforums, speaking from experience here and in other guilds, I am leery of adding more of them. They're a good way to keep things organized in busy guilds, but we don't even need all of the ones we currently have. sweatdrop We (the crew) also have no way to get rid of them if they don't work out. Still, I won't rule it out, and am open to further suggestions in this area.

Thanks for the feedback. ^.^  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out