Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:27 pm
September 3rd:
Dear Diary, or whatever. I guess that’s how one would talk to a book. I don’t know exactly how to use one of these things. I’ve never kept a diary before. I always thought it was for little girls or beaten housewives. However, here I am, talking to a book. I have begun keeping this book on my wife’s advice. She said it might help to comfort me in these hard times. I began having second thoughts about our decision, and she said this would help to soothe me. Lord, something has to help. One of the most difficult things for a man to accept is the fact that he can’t give his wife any children. The second most difficult thing is giving her the children she desires, but using another man. At least it’s someone I know and trust. He’s a good man. He really didn’t want to do this. He told me so himself. It was difficult enough for me to agree to it, but convincing him to have sex with my wife was an atrociously stubborn task. Adoption was never an option for us. The child had to be of the blood of at least one of us, and if it were not to be part of me, it would have to be part of my wife. Oh, sweet Debra, what it must mean for you to have to go through this. My strong and dearest love. It must kill you inside to forsake your vows just to give us a child. What would the self-righteous hypocrites know of your love for me? You are willing to risk your reputation and standing in the community for me. Perhaps nobody will ever know, however. Yes, I don’t see how. Richard bears a close enough resemblance to me. Close enough for nobody to know of our deception. God, how it kills me inside to not be able to give you the children you deserve. Well, I guess it starts tonight. Richard will be over any moment now. I guess I’ll go down to Tilt’s for a while. A few beers, and perhaps a whiskey chaser ought to give me the strength. Oh, god. What are we doing?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:29 pm
September 4th:
Well, I guess I survived it. It wasn’t so bad. We didn’t talk about it. It’s probably better that way. Debra’s actually treating me like a king. God, I love that woman. She seems to be alright with it. Sometimes, she looks at me as if though to tell me how much she loves me for allowing this. She knows the pain is great for me. Of course, she’s the one who is really risking everything. If she becomes too upset, she might induce a heart attack. She doesn’t have a very strong ticker. At times, if it weren’t for her nitroglycerin tablets, she surely would have died. I hope the child which comes from this sin knows just exactly how lucky he or she is to have such a loving mother. I wonder how well she’ll do during labor. God, let her survive. Well, Richard’s on his way again, and I’m off to Tilt’s.

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 pm
September 5th:
I made a big mistake. I came home last night and accused Debra of liking the visits from Richard too much. She cried and screamed at me and told me there wasn’t going to be any baby for us. She told me today that she has canceled our arrangement with Richard. I tried to tell her how sorry I was for the accusation today. Last night, well, I was drunk. I said some things I didn’t mean. She says she doesn’t care. If it causes that much pain and distrust, we’ll just have to forget about it all. I went outside to feed the hens and became extremely envious of their ability to produce so many eggs during a year. I threw about three dozen of their eggs against the wall in a furious rage. Then I got ready to punt my rooster across the yard. How dare he be able to impregnate all of my hens with such ease. I remembered how carefully I picked him out. He had to be able to repeat intercourse many times in a row. I had to make sure he was going to produce many chicks, or I was going to cook him. Instead of going through the trouble of punishing my rooster for his fertility, I decided to punish myself. I walked into the barn and grabbed my hatchet. I pulled down my pants and placed my p***s on the chopping block. It’s a damn good thing I didn’t go through with it. We made up this evening and I had to perform. That was close. God, this is stupid. It’s no big deal. She loves me. She’s only having sex with Richard to have a baby. She never looks into his eyes the way she does mine. We talked on the subject some more this evening. She’s still reluctant, but I think I can convince her to continue with Richard’s visitations.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:35 pm
September 6th:
I’ve spent most of the day trying to convince Debra to go ahead with our plans. Well, I’ve convinced her. Richard is coming by tonight to continue with his favors. I’m going over to Tilt’s, but I’m going to drink a lot less than I have been. I think that had a lot to do with my behavior.

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:36 pm
September 7th:
I met an interesting fellow over at Tilt’s last night. I don’t even think he’s living here in Granite Alley. If he is, he’s probably renting a little room from one of the lonely old ladies that let their rooms out from time to time just so they can feel more comfortable. He told me he was an anthropologist studying the history of this area. He told me some strange things I don’t know whether to believe or not. He told me the Hopi used to occupy this area for a short while along their journey to find a better home. I never even heard of the Hopi traveling to any place. He also told me the Hopi believed their god was under the Earth instead of being up in the clouds of any heaven. When they were to die, they would return to their home in the center of the Earth. However, he said that was only half true. They believed it to be the truth only because they couldn’t remember otherwise. They did come out of a hole in the middle of the Grand Canyon, but they don’t know why. How does this man presume to know more about the Hopi than they themselves? This fellow looked too young to even be studying such things. He didn’t even look old enough to have graduated any highschool, much less already have furthered his education by attending college. But, there he was, pretty as you please, calling himself an anthropologist. Maybe he was just pulling my leg, but he was awfully intriguing. Oh well, perhaps he’ll come back tomorrow. Perhaps not. Either way, he did help to pass the time. I came home tonight in a good mood, and didn’t even bother to think about things which might upset me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:38 pm
September 8th:
Well, last night was a lucky one indeed! The young man who was at Tilt’s last night, was there again tonight. He asked to sit with me, and knowing how interesting the conversation would be, I obliged him. He finally told me his name. Paul Setter. Paul’s conversation was as fulfilling as I had hoped. He claimed to have in his possession a book which had belonged to the Hopi many thousands of years ago. He said the book was so rare, the Hopi themselves had forgotten of it’s existence. He called the book Cataala Tutuveni. Well, that’s at least the way he told me how to spell it. He said he had been planning on translating the whole thing into English. However, he stated, the task was too daunting. He claimed to lack the patience for such things. I told him I was a patient man and would help with his book in any way I possibly could.. He said he would help me to learn the sounds each symbol of the Hopi text made. Afterwards, we could begin the task of putting them into phonetic order. He says phonetic means the way it would sound if printed in our language. Then he would teach me what each of the words meant. I have never before dreamed of being a part of something this big.

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:10 am
September 9th
Okay, so here it goes: I’ll stick some of the stuff in this diary so I can keep it as a reference book.

A: User Image
E: User Image
G: User Image
H: User Image
I: User Image
K: User Image
L: User Image
M: User Image
N: User Image
O: User Image
OE: User Image
P: User Image
Q: User Image
R: User Image
S: User Image
T: User Image
U: User Image
V: User Image
W: User Image
Y: User Image
': User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

NUKWANG’EW = Perfect

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

TAWAKTSI’UYI = Sweet Corn

I think this is going to work out pretty good. The symbols in the book are written perfectly. Translating the book from symbols into English letters shouldn’t be too hard. The book is large, though. This ought to keep my mind too occupied to think of other, more disturbing, thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:12 am
September 10th:
I’m fully engrossed in this work now. I don’t even dare to order hard drinks at Tilt’s any longer. I mentioned this to Paul and suggested that we should take our work to some other place where there would be less noise to disturb us. He reminded me that we have only known each other for three days but assured me that once we become more comfortable with one another he will take me to his home and we can use his study.
Paul Setter himself remains just as interesting as ever with stories from ancient history. It’s never the usual black and white knowledge anybody could just pick up a book and read about. He speaks of these stories with a measure of authority as if he were an actual witness to the events as they happened. The best story so far is the one about Genghis Khan. Paul says Khan once had an adviser who had convinced the great leader to have his soul trapped inside a large ruby. The adviser told Khan the ruby would contain his soul after he died and could then be placed with another body which he could then inhabit replacing the soul of the body’s original inhabitant. Khan agreed to his soul being trapped in a ruby and relished the idea of such an immortality but only on one condition; he didn’t want to inhabit another human body, he wanted to build a large bronze statue which would house the stone. The adviser forewarned Khan that the soul could not inhabit things made from metal or stone. The soul could only inhabit another living thing. Khan refused to be limited. He paid for a ten-foot-tall bronze statue to be built and began the rituals which would trap his soul inside the large ruby. After Khan died, his soul did indeed occupy the ruby, however, the statue remained lifeless. At this point the adviser meditated until he could visit Khan inside the ruby to discuss another plan. The adviser told Khan that in the future a new world would emerge. On this new world, Khan could become the leader of the strongest army known to man. He told Khan he was going to shatter the jewel into smaller shards and melt down the statue to create amulets to hold the smaller stones. The amulets could then be worn by thousands of warriors all of which would be controlled by Khan’s single mind. However, this control must be practiced for many years until Khan could control one warrior on one side of the world while controlling another on the other side. To this, Khan agreed. Paul said that for many years warriors have gone into battle wearing the amulets of Khan in secret. He fought on both sides of each war as often as he could to practice his control of the individual bodies. He was many different warriors during the American revolution which was only won because there were more amulets being worn by the revolutionaries than there were by the British. It was such an amazing tale that I asked if this was some kind of fiction he had been writing. He told me that many tales are merely passed on from historian to historian that never will reach the pages of a book. He said that when mankind was ready to know the truth about their heroes, perhaps the secret tales would all emerge. When I asked Paul where Khan was now he replied that many of his amulets had come to the western part of the United States as lawmen and outlaws. The time is coming soon, he said, that a perfect warrior’s body will be built by the thousands and a great war will begin with Khan as an army of one. I hope he’s on our side.

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:27 am
September 11th
I can stay home tonight. Richard’s not coming to visit because Debra’s “Aunt Flow” has come to visit instead. That’s her delicately cute way of saying she’s in a female way. Too bad the nights with Richard didn’t work this month. In a way, I hope it takes a while. I know, it sounds bad for me to wish a further disgrace upon my wife, but I already miss going to Tilt’s and helping Paul with the translations. Well, I actually miss his stories more, but the translations are fun too. Paul says he’s going to help me translate more of the words into English that I’ve been deciphering, and I can hardly wait. There’s one phrase that has my attention in particular as I have seen it on the bottom of many of the pages. I think it must be some kind of blessing or a prayer. Maybe it’s just a signature. I don’t know. I’ve written it so many times that I have it memorized though.
TUTUQAYI YOENGOESONA TAAWI
In the other symbols, it looks like this:
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User ImageUser Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

I would love to know what this particular phrase means. I told Debra I had to go to Tilt’s tonight and she got mad accusing me of meeting up with another girl. She claims Tilt’s is a house of ill-repute and no good could come of it. I left anyway and told Paul I’d see him soon enough but I’d have to go back home for a little while. He said he understood and would be there working every night until I came back. When I got back home, Debra had cooled off a little bit. I told her about Paul and a little bit about what we were attempting to do, and she seemed alright with that. However, she laughed and mocked me almost all night when I told her the story of Genghis Khan. Right now, I wish Richard would come over and listen to her laughter so I could go on back to Tilt’s!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:33 am
September 12th:
I just read what I wrote yesterday and I am ashamed of myself for becoming so angry with Debra. Of course she would laugh at the tales Paul tells. It’s not as if though they aren’t fantastical in nature. In addition to that, she comes from the big city and has never really heard any legends of that kind before. I, however, was born and raised in Arizona, so I have heard many legends. Nope, Debra is a city girl, through and through.
Well, diary, since I won’t be going over to Tilt’s tonight to do anymore deciphering, I might as well fill you up with a brief history of the courtship between myself and my beloved wife.
I was born here in Arizona in 1894, the only child of Jonathan and Margaret Tate. However, my parents were originally from Massachusetts. They were both adventurous souls looking toward the western wilderness with dreams in their hearts. They had modest dreams, those two. They weren’t interested in finding gold in the hills and figured that they had all been panned out anyway after the gold rush of 1849. Nope, they didn’t want to be rich, they wanted to be happy. They both felt confined by the trappings of the big city and wanted to stretch their legs in untamed lands. Well, that’s the way my father always put it. He was a great man, my father. I miss him and my mother terribly. They started out buying a couple of heads of cattle and began their own little farm out here in Granite Alley. At first, they only kept enough to sustain their happy little home, but in time, my mother got the itching for babies and they decided to start adding more cattle to their farm. They never really accumulated enough wealth to become what was considered rich, but those two found their riches in their own hearts.
My birth was such that my mother could never have children again, but they never made me feel bad about that. They told me that if God had intended for them to put all of their love into only one other being besides each other, then that other being must be pretty special. I’ll tell you this, they sure had enough love to go around. They could have raised over forty kids and not have made any of them feel neglected.
They had a tendency to fight for time with me as I recall. Nothing violent, just sweet, really. My father would always try to wake up before my mother so he could take me out to the pastures to check on the cattle and mend fences, my mother would try to stall him by making me wash up and wait for breakfast. The three of us would usually end up spending the whole day together doing all of the chores as a team. Neither of them wanted me to lack for any type of education. My mother would teach me lessons about math, writing, art, and science, while my father would teach me everything I would need to know about the farm.
By the time I was old enough to go to the public school, I was amazing my teachers and frustrating my peers. I did have a little trouble with a couple of the bigger boys who thought I was trying to outsmart them. They thought they could gang up on me and teach my smart little a** a lesson in humility. Unfortunately for them, my father had prepared me well for a harsh world. They knocked it off when I knocked them out. I’d never hold a grudge against those fellows, though. I made friends with them and even helped a few of them with their school work. The only other times when I would have a problem out of the boys was when my popularity spread to the girls. However, I never wanted anything to do with them. It’s not like I didn’t find them appealing in a physical sense. I did. I just didn’t find them appealing in a mental or emotional sense. I already had enough love from my mother and father, and I didn’t need to supplement that love with the clumsy advances little boys and girls make towards each other. When the boys finally realized I was not going to go stealing their girls away from them, things went really smooth for me.
When I turned 18, my parents decided it was time for me to go to college. Unfortunately, there were no colleges close enough to Granite Alley to make for an easy travel. Fortunately, my father had a sister who lived in Cambridge, Massachusetts almost a stone’s throw away from a great college. We had kept up a constant correspondence with my Aunt Gertrude. She was a widow who had no children from her marriage and had never deemed it necessary to find another mate after the death of her husband. Her husband was a wealthy railroad tycoon who left her a vast fortune after his passing and most of my aunt’s would-be suitors seemed to be more interested in her money than in her other qualities. Because of this, she led a lonely life in a house which was much too big for her. She jumped on the opportunity to have me share the empty house with her during my college years.
I’ll have to stop here, diary. There’s some things creeping back into my memories which are assaulting my heart.

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100
NaNoWriMo

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers