Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:23 pm
User Image
Advanced Flying I

Professor Landon Price ///
Former Hufflepuff ///

About the Professor:

Landon Price was born in London and remains there to this day. While attending Hogwarts he in Hufflepuff house. Landon is easily approachable and is willing to help any student who needs it so long as they try to help themselves. He also loves to see enthusiasm in the classroom. He used to teach Muggle Studies and now has moved on to teaching all three Flying classes at the school. Landon loves to fly and loves Quidditch quite a bit so if you have the same love for the game and the enjoyment of flying it's safe to say you'll succeed in the class.

About the Class:

The class is taught outside in on the field no matter what the weather. Although there are exceptions. The subject itself teaches students about the game of Quidditch as well as some tricks that could prove to be of use on the field. These tricks will be put to the test come the following year when students learn each position involved in Quidditch.

* Class will be held on Friday during Block 5 from 2:00pm to 2:45pm
* Class is updated in real time each week on Sunday

Rules:

1. Be in class on time - first time I'll let it go after that there will be consequences.
2. Come to class prepared and ready to learn.
3. No horsing around in the sky or on the ground.
4. Listen to instruction, If I tell you to keep your feet on the ground I mean it.
5. Wands are to remain in your bags there's no need for them in this class if I see them I will take them until the end of the class.
6. Pay attention and don't cause disruption during class.
7. Above all else have fun and give it your best shot.

* Any detention resulting from rules broken shall be done in my office.

Required materials:

Quill, Ink, & Parchment (when required)
Broom * Brooms will be provided if you don't have one.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:28 pm
Curriculum

List of Knowledge

Second Year
Quidditch Basics [ ]
Broom Barrel Rolls [ ]
Standing on your broom [ ]

Please Note:
Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.

Make Up Assignment(s):
For anyone wishing to make up for missing a lesson or just want extra house points, feel free to write a report on a topic related to the subject and submit it to my office before the end of the year. Anything from the game mechanics, history, equipment, or positions are considered acceptable topics. So long as it is related to Quidditch and/or flying feel free to write about it. (A small paragraph will do.)

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:44 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying Professor

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Class (on the pitch)

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was so hyped to be doing his dream job. Nothing could make him happier. Sure they wouldn't be on brooms today but that didn't bother him. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone I hope your first day back has been going well so far. I'm Professor Price and I'll be your instructor for the next two years." he told them brightly. "Now since this is my first time seeing all of you I'd like you to tell me your names, houses, and what you'd like to take away from my class." he instructed.

With: my second year class

OOC: ---

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Uniform for Advanced Flying I]
Company: Classmates

➳ ➳ ➳

Gah... that answer I gave sounds so vague...

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna had brought her used Cleansweap 11 that she had bought over the summer and had shipped to her at school to keep it quiet from her father. This was a class she was looking forward to merely to improve in her extracurricular activities-it wasn't like she planned on pursuing a career in Quidditch or anything but she did want to be a beater and on the Gryffindor team someday. She wanted to be good at flying, it was good stress relief.

She smiled as Professor Price introduced himself. She hoped to get in the air today, but she didn't know if she was over hoping. With a smile she said, "Veronica Kiss, or Ronna. I'm a Gryffindor and I hope to catch up my flying skills with those who've had a bit more of a head start than me."

User Image

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Digital Static

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:48 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

Second Year ~~~~ Slytherin House ~~~~~ Twelve Years Old

User Image

We fear rejection..
Prize attention..
Crave affection..
Dream, dream, dream of perfection..

Amory stepped onto the field with the others that had signed up for the elective. The instructor announced who he was and what he wanted them to do. She listened to Ronna and after she was finished she spoke up. "My names Amory Goodwin, Slytherin house, and I'd like to get some more experience" she answered. It was similar to Ronna's, but she was guessing most of the responses would be around the same kind of thing. Get more experience, learn how to fly better, learn how to play Quidditch, and so on.

Salt and Swear
I am up to no good
Get out now, if I
were you I would

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Eleanora McKenny
Hufflepuff Second Year

Thinking: I wonder how many year-mates will be in this class...?
Feeling: Excited
Where: Pitch
With: Professor, students
Wearing: Uniform
Single

I'd rather waltz that just walk through the forest
The trees keep tempo and sway in time

Nora trotted onto the pitch eagerly, contentedly smiling as the mid-day sun streamed down and seeped into her black and gold robes. Her fiery curls swirled around her shoulders in the wind, although she was too lazy to tie them up at the moment. Falling into line in front of the professor, she flashed the students around her a quick smile and listened to the professor's instructions. 'Won't everyone's reasons be the same...?' she thought, until her eyes caught sight of a gleaming Cleansweep. She sighed in wistful envy, realizing that it was gripped firmly in the hands of Ronna, one of the Gryffindors. Nora mentally reminded herself to get a broom of her own sometimes soon as it was her turn to speak. With a boucing dip of a curtsy, she grinned at the professor. "I'm Nora McKenny, house Hufflepuff. I'd like to try out for the quidditch team at some point, and figured that this class could only help me." she finished with a happy shrug although she couldn't help but feel that she was merely echoing the previous to answers.

Quartets of crickets chime in for the chorus
If I were to strun on your heartstrings, would you strum on mine?

Amadeli

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:26 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Twelve Years Old
Second Year

User Image

Short legs stretched to cover as much area as possible as he strolled out onto the field where the professor was adamantly waiting. He noticed the foolhardy Lion, she was always so quick to anger, and the timid Hufflepuff, whom always seemed to need a push in certain directions. He, on the other hand, was a little stone testament, unruly, unbent and unbroken, which only made his ideals and stubborn tenacity all the more fierce. ”I be Dmitri Grigori Kamenev, of House Slytherin, ant I hope to gain in the experience for the quidditch team.” His brusque voice tousled with his Russian accent as he spoke and nodded assuredly. His left hand dove in his pocket as his right held onto the handle of his Comet 290, it was old, but it was fast, not near as fast as the latest in the Nimbus line, or the Firebolt, even the Cleansweep Eleven had a little more speed than his broom did, but his was made for quick, death defying change in directions, neck breaking turns and resiliency for properly keeping the goal posts.

We’re never who we say we are.
                          1.5m (5ft) and 45kg (98lbs)

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:49 pm
Woah, tell me what you think you're looking at
Oh, so I think I'm Queen Elizabeth
And now I'm stuck inside your memory
That's why it's so hard to get rid of me
I am incredible, so unforgettable
So no one can take my place
I am unbreakable, highly flammable
So, girl, get out of my face
Oh, we got 'em going crazy
Maybe 'cause we're so amazing

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~Second Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: Flying!} {with: Second Years} {at: Flying}

Finally, a class she legitimately was excited for! And not fake, suck up to the teacher excitement, which everyone did at some point. She practically hugged her new broom like it was her lifeline, only letting go a little as she spoke. "Jess Walsh, Hufflepuff, and I want to be the best Quidditch player I can be, using the knowledge from this class," she smiled sweetly. Bam. Eat your hearts out, teacher's pets. She was going to be such a goody two shoes in this class it wouldn't even be funny.

They can't fix what's not broken.

Everybody in a daze
And that's the reason why they're hating
Treat us like some superstars
And only 'cause that's what we are
You know we going really far
And you all ain't even heard it all
You hate 'cause I'm a rockstar
A pretty little problem
You hate me 'cause I'm everything that you ever wanted to be
And I don't mind 'cause I love it when you're looking at me

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:59 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: Jess...you're ridiculous] [with: Second Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby rolled his eyes a little at his sister's blatant sucking up, gripping his own identical broom calmly. "Toby Walsh, Gryffindor, and I just hope to learn how to hit someone with a bludger." he shrugged, a smirk playing at his lips. He didn't particularly feel like putting on his very best behavior, but then, when did he ever?

Younger now than we were before.

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:10 pm
User Image
User Image
With no apparent rush, Hayden approached the rest of the class that was congregating in the center of the quidditch pitch. She had no interest in striking up conversation, and instead waited for the professor to start the class.

A short, irritated sigh whispered past the Slytherin's lips like a hiss from the forked tongue of a snake. She loathed going through the repetitive introductions that she had come to expect during their first year. Hayden waited until several other students had already volunteered to speak when she finally introduced herself. "Hayden Rhienne Hellington of Slytherin." she recited loudly, pausing for an exaggerated moment to consider what it was that she wanted to take away from the course. "Nothing."

Flying was like second nature to Hayden, and she didn't care to practice the art every day. At Hogwarts, there was no need to fly outside of this class, and she was absolutely disgusted by the sport of quidditch, so in her eyes, Advanced Flying was nothing but a waste of time.

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:51 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon smiled brightly at all the students he had noting their names and houses. He remembered Ronna playing on the Gryffindor team last year when the team was in need of players. “It’s nice to see so many of you interested in the skill of flying as well as the game of Quidditch.” He told them. Landon pushed aside Hayden’s answer of wanting nothing from the class but made note of it as he wondered why it was she would take the class if that were the case.

“Now the first topic we are starting off with is the basics of Quidditch. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes.” Landon told the class. “Two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions as away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms.”

((Outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:02 am
User Image
User Image

When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
🍂 Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Terren stood by, patiently awaiting his turn to introduce himself. He was excited for this class, purely because he loved to fly. When it came to be his turn, he exclaimed in a cheerful manner, "My name is Terren Hawthorn, and I'm in Hufflepuff! I wanna be in this class because, well, I love to fly! And my big sisters and my brother play Quidditch and are good at flying, so I wanna be like them!" He was too happy for his own good, this kid. Hopefully he didn't freak anyone out with his hyperactive attitude. He would feel horrible if he made someone uncomfortable.

As the professor began the lecture, Terren took out a bright green notebook and a quill. Most of the information was just a review for him, since he had been on the Hufflepuff team for a whole year now. He knew about Chasers and Beaters and Keepers and especially Seekers. Remy was a great Chaser, and so was his neighbor, Dhylan. His Captain was a Beater. And Romy was a Seeker just like him. 'I wonder if Kerali will tryout for Quidditch when she comes to Hogwarts. That'd be cool if she did. Then all the Hawthorn kids' would have played Quidditch!' he thought as he finished his notes, closing his notebook and returning it and his quill to his bag. "See ya next time, Professor!" Ter said, waving at the man before taking his leave. He would have to remember to bring his broom to the next class. A new flying technique! How exciting!

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other.
You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:19 pm
Woah, tell me what you think you're looking at
Oh, so I think I'm Queen Elizabeth
And now I'm stuck inside your memory
That's why it's so hard to get rid of me
I am incredible, so unforgettable
So no one can take my place
I am unbreakable, highly flammable
So, girl, get out of my face
Oh, we got 'em going crazy
Maybe 'cause we're so amazing

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~Second Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: Flying!} {with: Second Years} {at: Flying}

Jess scribbled notes carelessly. She already knew this stuff. easy peasy. She'd obsessively read over anything she could find about Quidditch over the summer, and even asked her mother for pointer's. Of course, that had launched her mum into a whole set of stories about her Hogwarts days, but oh well. She'd gotten tips, amidst rants about bad teachers and idiotic Slytherins. Jess got the feeling her mother had been mostly referencing her uncle there.

They can't fix what's not broken.

Everybody in a daze
And that's the reason why they're hating
Treat us like some superstars
And only 'cause that's what we are
You know we going really far
And you all ain't even heard it all
You hate 'cause I'm a rockstar
A pretty little problem
You hate me 'cause I'm everything that you ever wanted to be
And I don't mind 'cause I love it when you're looking at me

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:20 pm
Some things we don't talk about
Rather do without
And just hold the smile
Falling in and out of love
Ashamed and proud of
Together all the while
You can never say never
While we don't know when

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Second Year - Twin -
[feeling: calm] [thinking: Jess...you're ridiculous] [with: Second Years] [at: Advanced Flying]

Toby took notes..kind of. He did know all of this, already, so it wasn't like he needed to write down everything. But the mention of being able to fly next class caught his attention, and he shared an identical grin with his sister, before the two of them trotted off, back up to the castle.

Younger now than we were before.

But time and time again
Younger now than we were before
Don't let me go
Don't let me go
We're falling apart and coming together
Again and again
We're growing apart but we pull it together
Pull it together, together again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:13 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff

Landon thought there were a lot of hopeful fliers in his classes. He didn’t have favourites but he had a feeling that more than a few would do well in the class. As he waited for his class to arrive he smiled at the idea of getting up into the air. A part of him was such a kid when it came to flying and just like the kids in his class he was happy to be getting on a broom.

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright now, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around, it doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop.

((Outfit in picture))

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out