Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Advanced Flying I ~ Lesson 1/3 (Open 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <2nd Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Time: 2041-2042
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Today they would be flying, and Mary couldn't be happier. She loved flying. She was on the Quidditch team for a reason (even if it was just the reserves for now). Taking a spot near Katya, Mary couldn't help but be a little disappointed that Katya got to go first. However, when Katya accomplished a successful barrel roll, though it was a bit rocky. Smiling, Mary said in a hush whisper to Katya, "Good job." Raising her hand, Mary volunteered to go next. When she was allowed to go, smiling, Mary took flight, tucking her feet under her she tucked her body tight to the broom and spiraled in a complete circle. Straightening, she grinned and landed, pretending she wasn't as dizzy as she felt. Maybe she shouldn't have gone so fast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                  My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                  You need to forge your own path
                                                  And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                  {OoC: }
                                                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:31 pm
New Year 2042 - 2043

Reminder...

Each student must attend a minimum of two lessons or face losing house points. Unless reason is given either in the absent thread or through private message. If reason is given it will count as if you were present for that class lesson.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:00 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Tuesday @ 3:00pm

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to seeing what students would be continuing into his advanced class. It was always interesting to see. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have good number of students. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone, I hope your first week back has been going well so far. For those of you how don't remember I'm Professor Price." he told them brightly. "Reminder of the class rules. All I ask is that you come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, for the rest of today we will be discussing our first topic, which is the basics of Quidditch. So sadly that means no flying today. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes. If not I can provide you with such.” Landon told the class as he held up some parchment and self-inking quills. “So the game set up is, two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and a Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts, while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

"For those that do not know, this ball here is a Quaffle." Landon said holding the red ball up to show them. "The cannon ball like ones are the bludgers, those would be the ones trying to get out of the chest at the moment.” He told them with a chuckle. “As for the snitch that's this one." He added pulling out the golden snitch and holding it between two fingers. "This ball usually wins you the game. As for right now it might look pretty but it's extremely fast and impossible to spot once it gets moving." He assured them.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over. Also for those that don’t know, there are no substitutions in the game unless someone is knocked out, or it has been over a certain time period without the snitch being caught.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms if you got have one.”

Company: my second year class

OOC: - - -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 pm
User Image

Things aren't easy
So just believe me now
If you can keep it cool now
And never make a sound.

Shui jogged in to class determined not to late. He arrived an found a spot. He listened in on the the lecture. Of quidditch. He held his question till the end and raised his had politely. "Do the beater go after keepers at all?" Shui asked when he was called on. Even if he was always reserve he wanted to know as much as he could.

All the lights will guide the way
                                                                    If you get to hear me now
                                                                    All the fears will fade away
                                                                    If you get to hear me now

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:15 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

It wasn't often Landon got questions but he certainly liked the involvement. "While rare a beater has been known to aim at a keeper every once in a while. Though it is more common for them to focus their efforts on the seeker or the other beaters. So don't count yourself out if you happen to play the keeper position. 10 points to Hufflepuff for that question Shui." He answered before dismissing the class.

*** Time Skip ***

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object, while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely, you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together, before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around. It doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

Cara MiaKitty
                                    Ridley Lovell, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Kungfudemoness
                                    Nicodemus Lovette, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Shui Quan, Hufflepuff : 1/3 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Abigail Cody, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Ilene Warlow, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Laire Thorburn, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Chelsea Durant, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Julian Galaksylph
                                    Samuli Farquarson, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Vilhelmina Markov, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Diamond Wales
                                    Issac Whitethorne, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Parker Soyinka, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:31 pm
New Year 2043 - 2044

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:44 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his first class of the year. He was looking forward to seeing what students would be continuing into his advanced class. It was always interesting to see. He wanted to leave them with a lasting impression and hopefully he'd have good number of students. As students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good afternoon everyone, I hope your first week back has been going well so far. For those of you how don't remember I'm Professor Price." he told them brightly. "Reminder of the class rules. All I ask is that you come prepared and on time for class. Listen to instruction and no horsing around. The last thing I want is someone getting hurt and I'm sure you don't want that either." He said looking over the sea of students. "Lastly wands aren't needed so they can remain in your bags. Aside from that have fun and try your best. I assure you, that your hard work and effort will pay off." Landon added with a smile.

"Now, for the rest of today we will be discussing our first topic, which is the basics of Quidditch. So sadly that means no flying today. Since I’m guessing most if not all of you know about Quidditch this will be a bit of review. Even so I hope all for you brought something to write with so you can take notes. If not I can provide you with such.” Landon told the class as he held up some parchment and self-inking quills. “So the game set up is, two teams play against one another and each team consists of three Chasers, two Beaters, a Keeper, and a Seeker. Now as you probably all know the Chasers shoot the Quaffle into the three goal posts, while the Keeper guards the goal posts. The Beaters keep the bludgers from hitting their teammates and hit them towards the other team’s players. Lastly we have the Seeker whose job is to catch the Golden Snitch.” He continued as he looked at his class.

"For those that do not know, this ball here is a Quaffle." Landon said holding the red ball up to show them. "The cannon ball like ones are the bludgers, those would be the ones trying to get out of the chest at the moment.” He told them with a chuckle. “As for the snitch that's this one." He added pulling out the golden snitch and holding it between two fingers. "This ball usually wins you the game. As for right now it might look pretty but it's extremely fast and impossible to spot once it gets moving." He assured them.

“Clearly the object of the game is to score more points than the other team. Each successful goal with the Quaffle is ten points and the snitch is one hundred and fifty points. Lastly once the snitch is caught the game is over. Also for those that don’t know, there are no substitutions in the game unless someone is knocked out, or it has been over a certain time period without the snitch being caught.” Landon finished. “Now if you have any questions ask away if not you are dismissed. Next week we’ll be learning a flying technique so bring your brooms if you got have one.”

Kungfudemoness
                                    Vincent Cloutier, Slytherin : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Ignatius Hepburn, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Trickblues
                                    Jonah Lane, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

kiska166
                                    Jordan Scheer, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Essy ze Ninja
                                    Gwyneth McHalen, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports
                                    Rhydian McHalen, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Gideon Edgeworth, Hufflepuff : 0/3 || 0 Reports

addaellis
                                    Sonora Li, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

Fuzzymelonlord
                                    Eirian Ivers, Ravenclaw : 0/3 || 0 Reports

EmrysStorm
                                    Cassidy Bolan, Gryffindor : 0/3 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:34 am
User Image

♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

second year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch || Dueling Club

"Good afternoon, Professor Price!" As always, Sonora was elated for Flying class. She gravitated towards her fellow Ravenclaws immediately, and upon noticing it was a quill-and-parchment day, dug into her bag for said materials.

When it came time for questions, Sona looked towards Jonah and Iggy, wondering if they had any actual strategy questions. Much of Quidditch strategy still went over her head, but she figured if she read and listened and was deliberate about her practice, she'd understand it easier eventually. "Professor Price, do you have any tips on catching the snitch? Or any ideas for drill we could practice to help catch it?" She'd watch Edgar and Nico as usual, but Sona figured it never hurt to ask for more opinions.

”QUOTING”

I am built with paper, made to soar in the sky.
I am always looking for an adventure.
It does not matter where the breeze will carry me.
I shall glide on along to see what there's to be.
♫♪
"Paper Plane's Adventure" by V.K. Lyrics by Tanoshibe on YouTube

addaellis

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:07 pm
New Year 2044 - 2045

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:14 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:15 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

“Good afternoon class. Today is the day you’ve all been waiting for because we will be learning how to do a barrel roll on our brooms. So if you don’t have one I suggest coming up and taking a broom please.” Landon instructed as he waited for everyone present to grab a broom before starting. “Alright, before we all go flying around I don’t want anyone having to take a trip to the hospital wing so listen up.” He told them before continuing. “A barrel roll is a roll going from side to side for the purpose of avoiding an object, while continuing on a straight path. In order to do this safely, you keep a firm grip on your broom and lock your feet and legs together, before you lean over with enough force to spin all the way around. It doesn’t take much.” Landon explained.

“Now I’ll demonstrate and then you all can have at it.” Landon told them as he got onto his broom. Pushing off the ground he circled around before going in a straight path. Locking himself to his broom Landon leaned over to his side with enough force to spin all the way around until he was back upright before coming to a complete stop. "So who wants to give it a shot?"

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 10:59 pm
New Year 2045 - 2046

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:00 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 6:16 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

As was usual for him, Canaan was excited to have the chance to fly, even if it was only for a class. He appreciated getting the extra practice in, as one day he wanted the chance to start in a match. Mind you, being a Reserve Keeper was just fine for him, a good fit given he was a more enthusiastic flyer than he was proficient, and the same described his abilities as a Quidditch player. He was a student of the game, and found the mixture of personalities and the action on the field to be endlessly fascinating.

When the professor opened things up for questions, he raised his hand, and asked, "Um, Professor Price, I've got a question. How often has it come up in school matches where the snitch's flesh memory has come up in determining match wins?"

OOC:
Username

User Image  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire