Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
So I helped organize the No H8 event for my school

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

staranime

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:53 pm
I'm secretary for my QSA club, and I was so scared. I practiced my song, but I've never let myself out like that before. It was empowering the speeches and performances. I was glad to take a part of it. 3nodding

Hello everyone  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:06 pm
What kind of event was it, exactly? smile Is there a specific type of event associated with "No H8", or did your club put on its own?  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

staranime

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:10 pm
Taeryyn
What kind of event was it, exactly? smile Is there a specific type of event associated with "No H8", or did your club put on its own?
For all Queer related identities. Well Gays, lesbians, bis. We're gonna have a trans event next!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:13 pm
staranime
Taeryyn
For all Queer related identities. Well Gays, lesbians, bis. We're gonna have a trans event next!

What I meant was, what was this "event"? You mentioned speeches and performances, so was it like a talent show of sorts, or...?  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

staranime

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:15 pm
Taeryyn
staranime
Taeryyn

What I meant was, what was this "event"? You mentioned speeches and performances, so was it like a talent show of sorts, or...?
Speeches, and singing, and also some comedy involved.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 pm
staranime
Taeryyn

Oh, cool. ^^ Did lots of people attend?  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

staranime

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:17 pm
Taeryyn
staranime
Taeryyn

Oh, cool. ^^ Did lots of people attend?
Yes, I am bisexual. lol It was enjoyable hearing everyone's experiences. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:22 pm
staranime
Yes, I am bisexual. lol It was enjoyable hearing everyone's experiences. 3nodding

I'm queer myself. Is the QSA club at a high-school, or at a post-secondary institution of some sort?

I know my high-school was too small to really have that kind of club, and although my university has something similar, I'm not a member. (Would kind of liked to have been, but I have no idea when or where they meet.)  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

staranime

Greedy Genius

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:03 pm
Taeryyn
staranime

I'm queer myself. Is the QSA club at a high-school, or at a post-secondary institution of some sort?

I know my high-school was too small to really have that kind of club, and although my university has something similar, I'm not a member. (Would kind of liked to have been, but I have no idea when or where they meet.)
They don't have tabling? It really does feel good to help out the community. I'm a member in my community college  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games