Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music
Planning to see Russell Crowe's Noah's Ark?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:08 am
You may want to think twice. I have seen articles about people getting hyped about this, but also that someone read the screen play a while back and said it isn't at all what it seemed and is basically a shot in the dark - not following the Bible. I found an article about this today as well and thought I'd share:

12 reasons not to fall for the Noah Movie Hype  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:35 am
This is the first time I'm hearing about it actually. If that's truly what the film plans to portray, then: gonk User Image

Hollywood... :l sigh~ Such a big distortion of the details too; it'll be really sad (and embarrassing) if anyone believes the movie.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:30 pm
I've actually not heard of the movie until just now...but yikes. .__. Yeah, definitely will be staying far, far away from this movie. Thanks for the heads up!

There's a big difference between taking a few liberties with a Bible story and totally and completely changing the whole thing to the point you might as well re-name the characters and call it something else entirely. ._.

Take The Prince of Egypt, for example. The movie even says before it starts that it may not be an exact representation of the real story, but I still feel it was a good Christian movie that I got a lot out of. Was it a perfect re-telling of the story of Moses? No, but it does introduce people to the story of Moses, as well as having a lot of good points to make and things to learn about. Also the way they put the notice at the beginning of the movie, to me, tells people to go and read the actual story and not just watch the movie.

What they're doing with that Noah movie...just...wow. That's just wrong. : /

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:32 pm
Ack! I was so looking forward to watch Noah.... sad  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:18 am
Meili Kyumee Youichi
Ack! I was so looking forward to watch Noah.... sad

I was looking forward to it, too, then I saw an article about how someone read the script, said it wasn't biblical, and it was published in an article. Then I thought, "Well, someone could say that easily to repel an audience." and now this article =/ Sadly, it seems like more of an adaptation made for entertainment purposes only and not much more. It's upsetting if anyone takes this distorted version as truth.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:35 am
Jewelies
I've actually not heard of the movie until just now...but yikes. .__. Yeah, definitely will be staying far, far away from this movie. Thanks for the heads up!

There's a big difference between taking a few liberties with a Bible story and totally and completely changing the whole thing to the point you might as well re-name the characters and call it something else entirely. ._.

Take The Prince of Egypt, for example. The movie even says before it starts that it may not be an exact representation of the real story, but I still feel it was a good Christian movie that I got a lot out of. Was it a perfect re-telling of the story of Moses? No, but it does introduce people to the story of Moses, as well as having a lot of good points to make and things to learn about. Also the way they put the notice at the beginning of the movie, to me, tells people to go and read the actual story and not just watch the movie.

What they're doing with that Noah movie...just...wow. That's just wrong. : /

I know what you mean about the whole "The Prince of Egypt" thing. It wasn't 100% Biblical, but it did have excellent points that were Biblical and did introduce people to the story a bit more. After that movie, I always like to read back in Exodus to determine what was Biblical and what was not and I learn something new each time.

But yes, there is a thing about changing a few details here and there between Biblical and non-Biblical and then going off the deep end gonk  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
Christian Entertainment: Books, Movies & Music

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items