canela gatito

Bashful Dreamer

12,300 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:13 am
When it comes to being a friend?
When you are always there for that person who is needy as heck and has to talk at all hours when you can barely hold your eyes open and yet you rack your brain helping them. Yet,they are never there for you and you hardly ever need them but when you do you need them really bad emotionally. They fall asleep and don't answer your calls or texts. I have seriously stayed up all night with this friend and had to drive 5 hours the next day and lamost wrecked dozing off while driving. Yet, they can't even talk to me for 15 minutes. We have been through a lot and been friends friends for 8 years.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:09 pm
Hypodermic_Peace
When it comes to being a friend?
When you are always there for that person who is needy as heck and has to talk at all hours when you can barely hold your eyes open and yet you rack your brain helping them. Yet,they are never there for you and you hardly ever need them but when you do you need them really bad emotionally. They fall asleep and don't answer your calls or texts. I have seriously stayed up all night with this friend and had to drive 5 hours the next day and lamost wrecked dozing off while driving. Yet, they can't even talk to me for 15 minutes. We have been through a lot and been friends friends for 8 years.

I would say after year two of that crap. That's just me though. Being a friend is a two way street, you can't just take and take and take. Sometimes you have to give of yourself. If he's not willing to help you when you need it, don't bother to help him. If he calls you in the middle of the night expecting help, ignore the call. Put you phone on silent and sleep peacefully, especially when you have lots to do the next day.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:19 pm
I'd suggest not talking to this friend for a while, but don't do it without leaving a notice about why you're doing it.

Friend sees notice, realizes they haven't been treating you fairly, and after a period away you can improve your relationship with this friend.

I went through something similar with a friend of mine a while back. We were both forcing each other into a few situations the other didn't want, and both decided to work on it.

I'd say if your friend tries to call you out for cutting them off for a while, AND have read a notice as to why, then maybe end the friendship. As bad as it is to hear, it just isn't worth keeping someone that draining in your life if they aren't there for you too, investment of time be damned.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 am
I had a best friend from elementary school, and finally my senior year in high school I called it quits because she was such a shitty friend and I just couldn't stand her anymore with all the crap she pulled. Sometimes you just gotta call it quits. I couldn't be happier with my decision.  

moist cakes

Tricky Widow

9,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items