As simple as the title says! As we're going to be sharing literature with each other, I thought it'd be cool to share literary exercises, too. (And I'm going crazy waiting for the sorting for next year. XD)

Listing synonyms for commonly used words (and potentially over-used words) is a good way to expand your vocabulary and keep those less common words at the top of your mind, ready and waiting for the moment you need them to spice up your sentence.

Ze Rules

- I (or whoever would like to) will assign some one else a common word. If they accept, they will list as many synonyms as they can, and the connotations for each of them. But no peaking at any dictionaries or thesauruses yet!

- After they post, the word is open to a free-for-all; everyone else can post any more synonyms they have. Also, if they would like to add their ideas of the connotations to any previously listed words, they may.

- Once we've exhausted our knowledge, then we shall consult a thesaurus to see if we missed some words. If there were any disagreements about connotations, we shall consult a dictionary.

- And then onto the next common word!

I'll start with an example:

PropertyofGaara
*Please quote the person you are assigning, to grab their attention

Walk (not including words to do with 'running')
*you can throw on conditions like that if you think the word could be interpreted too broadly

Sashay: rhythmically, dance-like
Saunter: Almost jogging, happily, with ease
Skip: happily, childish
Hop: happily or frightened, excited, more jumpy than skipping
Stroll: leisurely, with more of a goal or 'plan' than meandering
Meander: relaxed, leisurely, like wandering
Wander: seemingly without purpose
Travel: covering a large distance or expending considerable energy to reach a destination
Trot: with purpose and vigorously, like a horse
File: orderly, straight, in a predicted pattern, following
Stride: confident, maybe graceful in a strong way, with purpose
Strut: pompous, prideful, arrogant, showing-off
Storm: angrily and forcefully
Stomp: just forcefully
Trample: with the deliberate purpose of damaging something on the floor
Pace: nervous, anxious, often back and forth
Tip-toe: carefully, slowly, quietly
Inch: very slowly
Waddle: slowly, fat or restrained
Shuffle: awkward, uncomfortable, trying to keep out of the way
Stagger: clumsily due to injury or disability
Stumble: clumsily
Stalk: hunched, dark, suspicious
*feel free to order them however you like, but I think it's cool to order similar ones next to each other to bring attention to what makes them different

(Does anyone else think this could be fun, or am I majorly geeking out right now? XD)
Also if anyone is interested, I may consider thinking up a points system and added complications to make it more like a game.