Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
School board member wants some TG students castrated

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PixiecuTT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:30 pm

Colorado school board member wants some transgender students castrated

Specifically, she wants them to be castrated before they can use the washroom/locker room. :/

Quote:
A Delta County School Board member in Colorado stands by her comments that transgender students should be castrated before they're allowed to use bathrooms that fit their gender identity.

Katherine Svenson was reacting to recently adapted policies in Massachusetts and California that protect the rights of students who identify as a gender that differs from their biological one.

[She] told a CBS affiliate that transgender students shouldn’t be allowed to use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender identity unless they are castrated.

“I just want to emphasize, not in this district. Not until the plumbing’s changed," she told a public meeting of the school board last month. "There would have to be castration in order to pass something like that around here.”
...“I don’t have a problem if some boys think they are girls,” she said. “I’m just saying as long as they can impregnate a woman, they’re not going to go in the girls’ locker-room.”

emotion_facepalm

Lady, this has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with your own ignorance and fear.

Reactions? Comments? Something to restore my faith in humanity?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:16 pm
She's obviously uneducated in the matter. She doesn't realize that transwomen undergoing hormone treatment become STERILE. Not every trans* person undergoes hormone treatment, which is a more delicate matter, but that is what should be discussed in my opinion instead of transwomen using the damn bathroom.  

OceaNova

Beloved Lover

8,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:37 pm
Yup. If I were a trans student, that's exactly what I'd want to do: impregnate my female classmates. rolleyes

Maybe the article didn't include all of her comments, but it would seem that she's only concerned about MtF students.
If she thinks the other girls are so defenseless and in danger of being seduced or raped by anybody with male genitals, then shouldn't she also be concerned about FtM students in the boy's locker room? (She sees transwomen as boys, so I have to assume she sees transmen as girls.)

It's almost as if she's not really concerned about anyone's safety, and is hiding behind a thin excuse. surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:27 pm
They can't do that anyway. They have no rights over their students' bodies. But, seriously? I wish I could do something about this ignorance. What. The. ********. I would beat the living daylights out of that woman, or anyone for that matter, if they dared to tell me I had to have my kid castrated to go to the ******** bathroom. If they have to worry about rape or pregnacy anyway, their co-ed school shouldn't exist.  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50

RobinMooreXXX

Divine Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:07 pm
Whoa, frack that's crazy! Lol. If they identify with being a chick then they obviously want to be a chick so that they can have a heterosexual relationship with a guy. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:20 am
God Of Possibility
Whoa, frack that's crazy! Lol. If they identify with being a chick then they obviously want to be a chick so that they can have a heterosexual relationship with a guy. XD

not quite, plenty of gay and bi trans people out there. not every transgender is straight. transgender only has to do with gender, not sexual preference  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

RobinMooreXXX

Divine Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:18 am
I know that, but the majority probably want to do a guy.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:05 am
It seems like she thinks they are going in there to have sex and get people pregnant.

I don't see how using the toilet has anything to do with having sex. I'm pretty sure this is just based off of fear and ignorance to the subject itself.

I'm sure someone needs to teach her what the subject of trans is.  

Laciful

Shy Gawker

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:45 pm
after a year on HRT you are infertile and possibly non functional anyway. cat_sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:18 pm
The only thing I can do is laugh. If I was there when she said that I would have burst out in a fit of laughter and asked her if she was drunk, high, or both. The best way to deal with dumbshits like this is to treat them like dumbshits.  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

Sonata Tilas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:58 pm
PixiecuTT

Colorado school board member wants some transgender students castrated

Specifically, she wants them to be castrated before they can use the washroom/locker room. :/

Quote:
A Delta County School Board member in Colorado stands by her comments that transgender students should be castrated before they're allowed to use bathrooms that fit their gender identity.

Katherine Svenson was reacting to recently adapted policies in Massachusetts and California that protect the rights of students who identify as a gender that differs from their biological one.

[She] told a CBS affiliate that transgender students shouldn’t be allowed to use the bathroom that corresponds to their gender identity unless they are castrated.

“I just want to emphasize, not in this district. Not until the plumbing’s changed," she told a public meeting of the school board last month. "There would have to be castration in order to pass something like that around here.”
...“I don’t have a problem if some boys think they are girls,” she said. “I’m just saying as long as they can impregnate a woman, they’re not going to go in the girls’ locker-room.”

emotion_facepalm

Lady, this has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with your own ignorance and fear.

Reactions? Comments? Something to restore my faith in humanity?

I saw a blurb about this at thinkprogress.org. Yeah, she's either direly uninformed (likely) about what being transgender is all about or she genuinely doesn't like anyone outside of whatever her world view might be. I sincerely hope the applicable school districts take no stock in what this woman has to say. Makes me ashamed to live in Colorado. :<  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:11 am
Its people like her that make me fear coming of 'The Closet' with my family and friends. Just saying.  

Dikran The Communist

Generous Tycoon

7,200 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200

KarenGreen

Beloved Fairy

9,600 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:58 pm
This is absolutely awful. I'm sick of ignorant people like this. I have no words. burning_eyes  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games