Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Jarrid Wilson-First Love

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CheyenneServant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:32 pm
This sermon is so powerful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv_phup1ToE  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:17 am
I thought about the church of Ephesus this morning, because looking back it describes my life to a tee. Unfortunately, it also describes how I've been losing my first love and I've been in denial about it emotion_sweatdrop . Just a few hours ago, I was thinking about how I didn't want to lose my first love and meditating over what "first love" looks like. Timely reminder: what we spend most of our time on, or what sucks up most of our time, is our first love. I suppose it's implied "most of our free time" since people have to work and such. The thing we willingly occupy most of our free time with needs to be God/godly endeavors. I love how our Heavenly Father uses each one of us to help one another when we need it most 3nodding .

Also helpful for anyone thinking they're losing their first love: consider doing the things you did at first when you were most passionate about God.

Quote:
Revelation 2:4-5 (NIV)

4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces