Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply It's A Girl Thing!
What traditions do you have in your family for Christmas?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doki Doki Strawbeary

Newbie Gaian

15,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:16 pm
On Christmas Eve in my family we always get to open one of our own presents, and we always go up to Oklahoma to see the rest of our family :3 Oklahoma is where most of my family is, I'm in Texas. What traditions do you have?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:36 pm
We open some of our gifts in the morning, and the rest during Christmas dinner. For dinner, there's a good amount of food, though not nearly as much as Thanksgiving. My mother does her best to get Christmas off each year. I'm not Christian, but my family is, and I sincerely enjoy the family time.  

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Doki Doki Strawbeary

Newbie Gaian

15,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:42 pm
xoAniLuv
We open some of our gifts in the morning, and the rest during Christmas dinner. For dinner, there's a good amount of food, though not nearly as much as Thanksgiving. My mother does her best to get Christmas off each year. I'm not Christian, but my family is, and I sincerely enjoy the family time.

I'm honestly debating on what I am, and I respect you greatly for putting your religion aside for great memories with your family, that means a lot to them I bet. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:48 pm
♥ ♥ . . .
    Well, Christmass is usually a big family meeting~
    On the 24th we usually stay at my grandma's place, and have a Christmas Eve Supper with grandparents and my aunt's family. And yes, we always try to make it include 12 dishes~ after eating and between dishes we sing carols, and after the whole thing we exchange presents (which are 'hidden' under a christmas tree for the whole evening).
    On the 25th we go to the other city, to my grandfather's place and have 'normal' dinner with him and my uncle's family. Again presents and singing carols.
    I remember that when I was a kid we used to have two christmas eve suppers, one at my mother's parents' place, one in my dad's parents' place, though it was a bit too much, haha~
    I tried to keep it short, I could talk about christmas traditions for hours XD'

. . . ♥ ♥

Lady Ignea

Sweet Singing

xoAniLuv

Dangerous Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:49 pm
Coquette Cupcake
xoAniLuv

I'm honestly debating on what I am, and I respect you greatly for putting your religion aside for great memories with your family, that means a lot to them I bet. heart

I was raised Christian, but since I was 9, I've always questioned the validity of the religion and posed questions that my pastor pretty much refused to answer. I was forced "out of the religious closet" so to speak this Summer. I lied and told them I'm Deist, which I'm not really. I tie myself to my own spiritual path, but that would freak them out if they knew. And me being 16, I can't really emancipate myself.. Anyway, my family reacted awfully. My mother tries to force me to church a lot more, my older sister threatened to disassociate me from the family and to not include me in her wedding, cursed me, etc. And my father was just extremely disappointed (especially since he decided he wants to be a pastor). So basically, I've had an awful year. I still love them, but not as much as I'm expected to. I never received an apology, which I think I deserve. Regardless of their relation to me, their words were uncalled for.
I think everyone should be free to their own beliefs, but not to impose on others as much as I am at the moment.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:03 pm
xoAniLuv
Coquette Cupcake
xoAniLuv

I was raised Christian, but since I was 9, I've always questioned the validity of the religion and posed questions that my pastor pretty much refused to answer. I was forced "out of the religious closet" so to speak this Summer. I lied and told them I'm Deist, which I'm not really. I tie myself to my own spiritual path, but that would freak them out if they knew. And me being 16, I can't really emancipate myself.. Anyway, my family reacted awfully. My mother tries to force me to church a lot more, my older sister threatened to disassociate me from the family and to not include me in her wedding, cursed me, etc. And my father was just extremely disappointed (especially since he decided he wants to be a pastor). So basically, I've had an awful year. I still love them, but not as much as I'm expected to. I never received an apology, which I think I deserve. Regardless of their relation to me, their words were uncalled for.
I think everyone should be free to their own beliefs, but not to impose on others as much as I am at the moment.

Don't judge me, and I'm sure you won't, but I'm 13 and I'm bisexual. A bisexual Christian...nyeh. I've been bisexual since I was I think, about to turn 12. My family doesn't support it, they hate it. They think it's a stage...I know what I am, and I know some other girls at my school who are bisexual. I handle the bullying, teasing, all of it. I know what I am. I didn't chose to be like this...I was pretty much born bisexual. I've always had an interest in the...female body @///u///@ None of us chose to be
Atheist
Christian
Bisexual
Gay
Lesbian
Straight
or anything else.
It's how we were born :I I'm debating over if I'm an atheist, I don't really see how I could believe every word that's in one book...  

Doki Doki Strawbeary

Newbie Gaian

15,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100

Doki Doki Strawbeary

Newbie Gaian

15,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:05 pm
Lady Ignea
♥ ♥ . . .
    Well, Christmass is usually a big family meeting~
    On the 24th we usually stay at my grandma's place, and have a Christmas Eve Supper with grandparents and my aunt's family. And yes, we always try to make it include 12 dishes~ after eating and between dishes we sing carols, and after the whole thing we exchange presents (which are 'hidden' under a christmas tree for the whole evening).
    On the 25th we go to the other city, to my grandfather's place and have 'normal' dinner with him and my uncle's family. Again presents and singing carols.
    I remember that when I was a kid we used to have two christmas eve suppers, one at my mother's parents' place, one in my dad's parents' place, though it was a bit too much, haha~
    I tried to keep it short, I could talk about christmas traditions for hours XD'

. . . ♥ ♥

Haha > u < Sound like you have fun~  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:01 pm
Well, my Christmas is always incomplete because my father is out of the country for work. My mother, sister, uncle and myself are having Christmas dinner. My Christmas is just only single family gathering sad  

Account_Removed03

Wealthy Businesswoman

10,175 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Millionaire 200

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:30 pm
The tree, which my mom insists on. Presents. Cookie frosting party about now, maybe tomorrow?

House gets overdecorated, per her, though it's usually my dad who does all the work for that

Maybe a special dinner, generally not

But this year we leave Christmas Day for Disney World  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:38 am
Coquette Cupcake

Haha > u < Sound like you have fun~
♥ ♥ . . .

Yes, I don't see my grandparents and cousins really often, so it's a good chance to spend time with them C: but there is a lot of work to prepare it all Cx

. . . ♥ ♥

Lady Ignea

Sweet Singing

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:45 am
This is the second year of our tradition but me & my husband pick out a new ornament every year for our tree.

I feel horrible that this year I wasn't able to go with him to the store to pick one out since I was beyond sick.

He saved some ornaments for after I got better so we could decorate the tree together. smile Now we have a beautiful tree in our living room.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:59 am
In Sweden we open our presents on the 24th, and in our family it's the ordinary donald Duck show that airs every christmas at 3pm, after that some sweeeet dinner with salmon and ham, and after that it's all about the presents around 8pm!
we're usually our big family with cousins from all over the country, but this year I think it might just be me, my parents and my sister sad  

Dora The Exploded

Dangerous Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Todes Sehnsucht

Timid Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:54 pm

It's pretty interesting to read how other people celebrate Christmas! >u <

I don't celebrate Christmas, my whole family isn't Christian... For me Christmas is a day just like every normal day. So no gifts and fancy food at all... It may sound weird to some people but I got used to it since I've never celebrated Christmas XDD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:00 pm
Burn the Yuletide log. Grandmam tries to get us to use her broken dreidel, but with no tip...
Um.
Give thanks for what we have. A gift a day until the new year.  

Orphan Flower

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff