Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply RP Worlds THoR: Alternate Universe
Night Walker War Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:02 am
They exited the room and shut the door. Veni looked at Daphne and commented on her earlier statement. "Oh yes Daphne, fear has a taste. You may lack the 'taste buds' for it like I enviously lack the stomach for what you eat." As he said this his shadow looked more sinister. Red circles appeared in the eye area and the mouth area was see through and grinning. It elongated itself beyond what the light should have allowed, its fingers reaching out to snatch the shadow of a moth and pulled it towards it. The actual moth began to fly backwards as if tugged on. The other hand raised to the shadow, whose transparent mouth appeared to have gained a drool spot, with its finger pointing and looked like it was about to turn it into a pinned bug like in a taxonomist collection.

"Ahhh…." Veni sighed as he broke his thought about drinking the blood of someone who was frightened of him since now wasn't the time for that. He mostly had blood bags of late or volunteers so he hadn't really hunted down a person around these two. His shadow let go of the moth and retracted to appear as a normal shadow once more. As he realized this was likely the first time he ever hinted that he could taste fear too, but differently than Rosemary, he offered to allow them to pry him about it later. "That's a topic for another time if you inquire on it."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun hadn’t quite set so some of the normal crowd wasn’t up yet. Veni waited for Nefretiti to glance at him at least before he introduced them. That was quick, she thought upon seeing their entry. Did they not need to eat? She was giving Ma Jianshen her attention and ignored them at first. Ma was kowtowing at her feet. "What…is…this?" She emphasized on each word and her voice had a tone of displeasure like she had found a mess in an area she kept clean. She held the candy in front of her.

Bìxià?” Ma lifted up his head quickly to look up at her thinking she hated the gift, but she was smiling and he was relieved. He put his foot under him and got up with more human like motions. He wore strong loose fitting raw silk clothes (not shiny like polished silk, looks a lot like cotton.) with a dragon grain. His top and sleeves had frog buttons and the sleeves went down to midway the back of his hand. His long hair was bound on the top of the head. On his feet were flat heeled silk shoes.

"What do I do with it? I don't consume abnormal things like you insist to do with your tea."

"It doesn't hurt. These are made for us."

She looked at the candies, then looked at Ma, and held them out for him to demonstrate. He took one out, unwrapped it and held it out for her. “It’s like those hard candies we see children eat so you suck on it.”

She reached for his hand and closed his long nailed fingers around it. She was surprised what she sensed from him. Though he wasn't starving, he didn't feel at all satisfied either. It felt like he hadn't fed from a person since she was last there, but…why did he feel satiated on blood? Was he eating blood bank blood or something from this realm he got the candies from? And what was this other thing she felt from him… it was like he was struggling to keep his ability in check. His knowledge in qi (chi) flow in the body and how to manipulate it in himself and others usually gave him superb control over his ability. When it first appeared less than a hundred years ago he was able to keep it in check rather quickly because of his practice in qi. But it felt like something disrupted it…ah…his body desired to let it out more (assuming Dieamos like incident happened) and he was fighting it rather than flowing with it, which ironically was his main fighting tactic; to meet an attack with softness and to flow with it till he can either redirect it or exhaust it. A good fighting tactic against others more powerful than yourself if you’re good at that. She’d have to see if something could be done about it.

There was another thing she sensed that has bothered him. Ma felt like he had failed during that incident and was afraid that she or Veni felt the same way. Though Veni never mentioned it, but seemed, in Jianshen’s perspective, proud of him. “You have that one, Sifu (Cantonese version of term). You are a good teacher.” She released his hand.

Ah thank you.” He bowed his head slightly. “Then it is acceptable for me to leave?

Just return after you’re done and we’ll discuss more about it. I am curious as to what you do in this Limbo.” Nefretiri didn't usually interfere with previously scheduled business affairs so soon to the date/time. She realized he wasn't expecting her and probably couldn't cancel easily without inconveniencing everyone. Did she care about inconveniencing a whole bunch of people? Not really, but she cared about their ability to maintain an established public image.

Now what traits and deeds can he not stand in people… she pondered as she began to unwrap one of the candies as Ma popped the one in his hand into his mouth. She popped hers into her mouth and rolled it around her tong several times. It tasted nice enough she thought to herself… it was a nice treat probably like the frozen blood pops that are given to lions on hot days in the zoo. It had a light flavor, sweet with a little chili kick (had a chocolate with that recently), to it though that she wasn’t familiar with or had forgotten the taste of in her long life. All she could remember was the taste of skin, blood, and fears.

She took two more out of the bag with an expression of approval so Ma walked away. As he approached the group he placed his right fist into the palm of his left fist, bowed slightly, and said “fuh chan” (father not sure if it’s the formal version…these things are tiring to find and you don’t get all the details…I actually have a link to what this one sounds like if you want to hear it XP) to the taller but younger looking than he Veni, and bowed slightly to Cian. He glanced at Daphne without meeting her eyes as he continued to walk by.

After Ma left the room, Nefretiri held up the two candies and the way she did showed off the burn on that arm; one between the index and middle finger while the other between the middle and ring finger with her palm side facing them. Looking at and addressing her two guests she said, “candy?” Her voice brought on feelings of that stranger in the van offering candy to little children to get them close to snatch them.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:10 am
Sephiroth closed his eyes as soon as the door closed behind his friends. He tried to meditate on some scripture he read, but his mind was still in a haze and he had difficulty concentrating or bringing forward basic memories of what he read or did the other day (I had this happen on Tue). He felt himself start to doze rather quickly. That wouldn’t do. He lacked a desire to sleep in their room and he said he’d be out soon. Plus even if he trusted these two to do nothing to him while he slept, he didn’t feel like risking it either with how he was feeling at the moment; dazed, a little confused, and unnerved at vampires. He got up and used their bathroom sink to wash his hands with light flower scented soap, Veni loved that sort of thing, wet his face, and cupped some of it to get a drink.

Afterwards he left the room and as he headed back to the main one he bumped into (more like towered over him as he was at least a foot taller) his friend Jianshen who was leaving. The other man had his hair up in a way he hadn’t seen before. “I haven’t seen you with your hair like that before. You should show me how to do my hair like that sometime.”

“I used to wear it like this all the time with a little hat over it.

“Why did you stop?” He asked knowing that Ma both did and didn’t practice a lot of things he once did but seemed more likely to than the rest of the others. He learned this from their afternoon talks as Ma tended to be up first.

“I think mostly it didn’t matter anymore. I grew weary of others trying to take it off and other vampires succeeding when I was younger. Plus there’s more of a practical reason- to blend in. The way of keeping my hair as it was became outdated. Besides the cutting of hair is more critical than a change in style. Do you remember why?”

Sephiroth thought for a moment, but couldn’t come up with the reason. He frowned. He knew the answer was there, but he couldn’t bring it forward. Seeing this Jianshen continued. “The cut of ones hair is seen as a statement where I was from and a gift not to be damaged when I was from. When the Ming Dynasty was gone and back then the Qing had just started ruled by foreigners. To determine those loyal versus traitors the Manchu ordered the hair tonsured and put into a queue which is shaven up front till top of head and the rest braided. To keep the hair, you lose the head; To keep your head, you cut the hair was a popular saying. I couldn’t do that style right, but I started braiding it. It worked well enough for outside the country. Now the prominent style for people who look my age is short like a westerners so once again it is outdated. At least it is only considered deviant and backwards today, instead of instant death sentence.”

“I see…”

Ma could not help but notice that Sephiroth's energy flow seemed disturbed and that the man seemed a little slow. “You seem like you need to relax your body tonight and sleep instead of staying up.”

“I will if I can.”

Of course. Good night.” He left.

Sephiroth continued into the main room behind the others as he said he would. As he gazed passed them at Nefretiri, images of their early fight flashed into his mind…red eyes looking into his, the feeling of a hand on the cheek, and lips touching his. Nefretiri looked a bit different then as she lacked the wig and wasn’t as dressed up. He wondered why he’d even be looking in her eyes…he knew better than that especially with new vampires. Well he was probably more careless with Daphne and sometimes Jianshen or Veni on that.  

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:46 pm
”I think you will be well after your rest.” Daphne agreed softly to Sephiroth, ”You may stay wherever you feel most comfortable.” She added, slipping off the bed to grab her jacket. While her outfit wasn’t the most formal thing she could have put on, it wasn’t casual either. She felt it was appropriate for the occasion. If she were meeting Cian’s sire that would have been different. But then, Cian’s sire was her relation. Without her, Daphne’s vampiric life would have never began. She would have died from smoke inhalation in the 17th century.

Once the three vampires began walking, Daphne asked about the taste of fear. ”So it’s similar to adrenaline?” Daphne heard Cian ask.
”I don’t think that’s right, love,” She responded, without waiting for Veni’s reply, ”I think this is something completely different.” She couldn’t quite explain why she felt like Veni was trying to explain something different than adrenaline…it was just a feeling. A feeling she hoped was correct.

In her early days Daphne had loved the taste of adrenaline. She had known no difference. She could remember the approximate time period when the taste had changed…it had been the late 1800s. This time period when in the west things were well and safe. It was then that she had lulled a human into feeling peaceful and content…none of those revolutions were getting in the way…the western wars had not begun. She had noticed the difference, as slight as it was. She had found that the constant taste in the blood was not the blood itself. It was a hormone. Adrenaline. Sure, she would give in to the chase every once in awhile but what predator could escape it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:53 pm
Cian nodded after what Daphne was saying about where Sephiroth should sleep. He was really okay with any of it...Mid-nod he paused. A thought had occured to him. The only chance he and Daphne had of surviving an attack from Veni's maker was Sephiroth. They probably couldn't beat the older vampire so they would have to run. He definitely cared where Sephiroth stayed. But he couldn't let Daphne or Veni hear him ask Sephiroth to stay.

They made their way out into the hall when Cian made a quiet excuse to go back to their room, "Oh, I forgot one thing..." He said to Veni and Daphne. He walked back into the room, shutting the door softly behind him. "I think...it might make me feel more at ease if you stay." He said softly to Sephiroth, "Strategically thinking, we couldn't count on Veni's help if his sire were to attack us...but we might be able to count on yours. Do you think you would be able?" He asked this with humility but also with frankness.

When Cian returned to the two others, Veni was talking about the taste of fear. Cian listened carefully to the explanation. Perhaps Veni was just trying to explain the presence of adrenaline…. ”So it’s similar to adrenaline?” Cian asked. He was genuinely curious if he was in the right ballpark of an answer. He was slightly surprised when his mate answered him. As far as he knew, she couldn’t taste fear. And yet…what she said may have made sense when he considered the power of Veni’s family. He shrugged but they were near the entrance of where they would be meeting the Roman’s sire. He looked up, noticing the shadow for the first time. He was perturbed but not really frightened… His wife hadn’t noticed it but that was to be expected. ”I think I may follow up on this discussion later.” He commented quietly.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:54 pm
Daphne watched the exchange between Ma and Nefretiri with rapt attention—would she be expected to act similarly to her own grandmother? She studied the interaction as a social scientist might with a focus group—sensing the subtle cues and slight differences in vocal tenses and meanings. Nefretiri had not acknowledged them yet but Daphne was not naive enough to assume she hadn’t noticed them at all. The older vampire had probably even heard them coming the moment they left their room…Daphne did not had much experience with much older vampires (such as Nefretiri). As far as she knew, not many still existed in the world.

Ma handed the older vampire a bag of sweets from Limbo. Daphne could almost taste the treats out of memory and smell. Out of the corner of her eye, Daphne noticed Cian’s posture—straight and stiff. She glanced over at him; his eyes never left Veni’s sire. He was more focused, his eyes catching every movement.

Finally, Ma excused himself. He greeted Veni with a bow and a quiet word and Cian with a bow. He acknowledged Daphne with only a glance. She knew better than to feel offended, however—it was only a cultural difference. She understood. As Ma left the room, Veni introduced Daphne and Cian to Nefretiri. Cian bowed his head slightly in respect and Daphne’s body went down in a small, awkward curtsy. Nefretiri offered them a candy and while Daphne’s mate declined…Daphne’s attention was once again drawn to the burn on her arm. She was at war within herself. She knew she shouldn’t bring it up but then…she wasn’t always known for her restraint. She cleared her throat. ”Excuse me…but that burn…I wonder, would you like me to heal it?” She felt her husband’s quick glance on her. If she had been human she knew her face would be flush with a red blush. Once again, she was glad she wasn’t.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:55 pm
Cian studied Nefretiri’s movements with care and precision. She may have promised xenia but Cian would not be caught off guard. He did not mean to be rude or unappreciative, it was simply done out of habits born out of a volatile and revolutionary history where caution kept one alive. He watched the exchange between vampires with even more attention than his mate. He knew he wouldn’t stand a chance against Nefretiri if he wasn’t prepared, and even then…Chances were bleak. He would have to trust in her promise.

As Ma left, the Chinese vampire bowed slightly to him. Cian nodded his head in response. Next, Veni introduced Cian and Daphne to his maker. Out of respect for the leader of the household, Cian bowed slightly. He heard movement to his left and was relieved to see Daphne sink into a small, if awkward curtsy. Her outfit wasn’t ideal for one. Internally, Cian smiled. Externally, his expression never gave way to emotion.

”Candy?” Nefretiri offered, her arm positioned in such a way that Cian could see her burn even more clearly. ”No, but thank you.” Cian responded politely. His wife didn’t respond. That’s odd… His eyes focused again on the burn. Would his wife share his caution?

”Excuse me…but that burn…I wonder, would you like me to heal it?” Before the last word left her lips, Cian was staring at her. He had his answer. She would notbe as cautious as he was. He acknowledged that he should have known this…When had she ever been cautious around their own kind? He turned his attention back toward the Egyptian vampire, awaiting her response. He heard footsteps behind them but with a sniff of the air, he determined it was Sephiroth. He wouldn’t turn just yet…He needed to wait until he was satisfied that the older vampire had not taken offense.  

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:39 pm
Sephiroth smiled by the time Cian finished his first sentence. He was expecting him to say something. All Veni’s creator would have to do is tell Veni to do nothing and he’d be unable to move. Sephiroth spoke very quietly knowing Cian could hear him perfectly well, but not wanting his voice to carry out the door. Cian was protecting Daphne from his own fears. “I would have tried to get you out anyways… in case your initial encounter is disastrous is the only reason I am not outright going to bed, but I do need a minute. I wouldn’t be surprised if Veni is counting on my helping you if something happened.Why else would he not let me sleep?Wouldn’t you want him to have something to fall back on if the situation was flipped?” He started to gaze into space as he thought on his last sentence and said the next. “Do you mean for me to sleep in this room or the one I sometimes occupy while here?”  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:49 pm
As the party of three approached Nefretiri, who was standing a couple paces away from her chair, caught a whiff of a faint, but familiar smell coming from one of the strangers. She was a little put down by the declining of her offer to share her gift by the one whom she realized his hands smelt of cinnamon, jasmine, and wild blackberries. He might have had these before and didn’t like them. Or maybe he was afraid to be within arm’s length of her. Yes this one was a little afraid. She did have a reputation of being suspicious of and not being the most welcoming to outsiders. Knowing of her own reputation she pondered on which potential sire would even allow them to be in the area unless they were independent and he was the top. It was possible. His daughter seemed less afraid. She couldn't quite place the scent at the moment and as she was thinking about it, the girl offered to heal her. What an unusual gift. The wound barely bothered her. Surely there was some sort of catch. Nefretiri stared at Daphne and her expression was one of considering it.

She glanced towards Veni who was next to Cian. Veni gave a slight nod. He wasn’t surprised. What would have surprised him is if she didn’t ask. He wanted to reassure his friend as he knew he’d be nervous in his spot so he assumed Cian was too. He briefly thought to use the shadow on the other’s back to make the sensation of a hand being there, but he wasn’t sure how the other would react to that so he didn’t.

Rosemary!

Yes? Rosemary was sitting out of sight behind Nefretiri’s chair and listening and oh man was that ‘Rosemary’ from Nefretiri so loud that it’s a wonder no one else could hear it. But of course they couldn’t. The others couldn’t hear thoughts like that unless she acted like an open channel.

As Veni was less likely to hear her thoughts even if she directed them at him, Nefretiri decided to secretly ask Rosemary about this strange offer of the girl’s. Nefretiri turned her gaze to the man who just entered. What do I make of her offer?

An innocent offer to heal you. There is no ulterior motive when she offers to heal someone.

She looked back at the girl. I take it he is well thanks to you? she said slowly in an eerie unearthly yet sultry voice. She put her palms up in front of her with the elbows resting at the side. Proceed.”

As the girl put her hands above her arms she watched what she did, but kept the Greek in her peripheral vision. It was impressive she could do this twice so early in the night without eating, but maybe this was a source of food to her. (Looking back on what she did earlier) The girl’s hands glowed. Nefretiri’s eyes widened a little and then were back to normal. (You can describe how it feels as I don’t think we’ve gotten into that as most characters she has healed are either unconscious or too hurt to notice)

When the girl was done and about to pull away, one of Nefretiri’s hands shot up and grabbed the arm. She kept part of her vision on the man and even glanced at him. She turned the girl’s palm up and stared at it for a moment almost expecting part of the trick was a transfer of the wounds. But no, no transfer…this was a sort of healing magic…magic… she brought her other hand over the palm and placed the candy she had offered into it. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath taking in the smell on the man’s hands…that was the same combination…..she opened her eyes. Thank you, you are most kind.

When Nefretiri grabbed Daphne’s arm Veni paid more attention to Cian’s subtle movements than he was already. He was watching him to make sure he didn’t do anything unusually hasty since it was his wife she just suddenly grabbed. He would put a reassuring arm on him or a wrist grip depending on what he sensed from Cian to try to bring him back to reason. Daphne was his main weakness. He knew this very well for his own wife was his main weakness. It hadn’t slipped past him that Cian protected her from certain things. He was fairly sure that it wasn’t a material item Cian forgot earlier, but a slight piece of mind and that piece of mind had entered the room soon after Daphne’s offer.

I apologize for my rudeness, she said as she closed the girl’s fingers around the candy, much like she had done with Ma Jianshen, and let go. She faced the man. But how fares Priestess Eydís? She had apologized for the rudeness of this question as she had asked this type of personal question sooner to a stranger than what was appropriate for one offering xenia.  

Rosemary Mori
Crew

9,675 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Winter Guardian 250

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:59 pm
Cian nodded his thanks to Sephiroth as he spoke. ”I understand needing time. You did just recover from an injury.” Cian allowed. Again, he nodded. This time he was agreeing. ”I would. I would never leave him without support facing my sire. I suppose I could trust him to do the same for me. I just learned to always air on the side of caution rather than to just assume people would be of the same mind as me.” He said, ”Where ever you feel most comfortable or most, forgive me for my word choice, useful. On the one hand, staying here would offer us security during the day. On the other, She is a vampire and vampires need to sleep during the day—if only for a short period of time. I’m sure you’ll know where to go. Please let me know when you decide so I can plan around that. Thank you.”His eyes, although bright and calculating, also held a certain amount of gratitude in them.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:29 pm
Daphne’s eyes were on Nefretiri after she asked if the other woman would like to be healed. She looked wary of the offer—considering the different elements of it. Daphne did not have to wonder why she would question it. In her place, Daphne would do the same. An almost intimate offer from a complete stranger was something to question. Nefretiri’s question startled her. Daphne glanced behind her, noticing Sephiroth. Her eyebrows knit in concern. He shouldn’t be out of bed yet. She thought. She wanted to tell him so but it probably was not the best time…

”I did.” She stated, matter-of-factly. She was trying not to feel uncomfortable by Nefretiri’s voice. There was a haunting quality to it. She couldn’t stop the small shudder rise up the lower portion of her spine with Nefretiri’s next response. ”Proceed.” Daphne did not let her own discomfort prevent her from approaching the vampire to heal her forever.

Daphne put her hands over Nefretiri’s arm, her eyes closing. It took a moment to get in tune with the vampire’s body…like a television station becoming clearer and clearer with the help of rabbit ears. Once she had the body’s rhythm down, her hands began to glow. She could picture each tissue, each cell. The angel’s fire was stubborn. It would stay in place. Perhaps for life, if Daphne did not act. The vampire’s body wanted to heal, however, much like Sephiroth’s. It was different, however, it was easier. Daphne had experienced this before. Vampires were easier for her to heal because they were easier to get her mind in tune with. She took a deep breath, almost soothing the angel’s fire with a soft, cool whisper. Veni’s sire would have felt warmth beneath her skin at first, before a feeling similar to goose flesh appearing on the skin (but there were none to be found), before a cooling sensation.

The cells knit themselves back together on Daphne’s soft command. They wanted to please her. They knew to trust her to make it right…But they also couldn’t stop it from occurring. The angel’s fire was more resistant…but it knew it didn’t belong. The burn started to recede. There may have been a light pain but it would have been brief and manageable. This wasn’t a severe wound. A tingling, some strain…then she was finished.

Daphne’s eyes opened. She smiled slightly, although she felt so suddenly tired. Her hand started to pull away but she felt a vice-like grip on her arm. Daphne didn’t look alarmed. The ebb and flow of Nefretiri’s body was still with her. She felt as though she would have sensed the violence (even if she might not have). Nefretiri turned her hand over so the palm was up. Daphne saw her glance at it. She knew what she was looking for. ”It’s not a trick. I promise. I will not develop an angel’s fire burn.” She said softly. Daphne felt a candy pressed into her hand. ”My pleasure.” She responded, ”Thank you for the candy. I love these.” With Nefretiri’s next phrase, Daphne could be sure she was not speaking to her, even as the older vampire closed her fingers around the candy.

Finally, Daphne was free to go. ”Thank you.” She said, her voice somewhat subdued. She gave a small bow and excused herself, making her way back toward her husband. Who was Priestess Eydís?

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:30 pm
Cian watched the exchange between Daphne and Nefretiri carefully. He didn’t like it…He was impatient for it to be over. He kept his arms at his side, hands open—trying to look relaxed in spite of the strained, tension of his muscles. When Nefretiri grabbed his mate’s wrist, Cian’s hands folded into a fist, his body almost catapulted forward. But, his mind caught up quickly. It stopped him. It wouldn’t be wise. He felt Veni’s light touch on his arm and he almost jumped. His body and mind were so tense that his movements were full of “almosts”. The only things inhibiting the movements were his iron will and his age. Without either, he would have surely attacked.

”Thank you. You are most kind.” Veni’s mother said…her attention seemed to shift just then…even as he watched her close Daphne’s fingers around the candy she was giving her. “I apologize for my rudeness,” Cian thought she was apologizing for grabbing his wife’s wrist. But it seemed like she had more to say… “But how fares Priestess Eydís?” He was confused for a moment…a brief moment. Priestess Eydís? In his mind’s eye he saw the figure of his maker speaking with someone…A long time ago. He heard a foreign name but didn’t think much of it. He couldn’t pronounce it at the time because of the language barrier… so why would he consider it? The name Nefretiri spoke now sounded just like the one he had heard in the memory. Could it have been the same? If it was…how did Nefretiri know her?

Vaguely Cian heard his wife exchange a small word of thanks. Her voice was quiet, somewhat sedated. She excused herself with a slight polite bow before returning to Cian. He noticed her eyes although curious, looked tired. Now with his mate back at his side, he could focus his attention solely on Veni’s maker. Still…He didn’t want to answer the question just yet. ”Priestess Eydís?” He asked, wanting to be completely sure they were speaking of the same individual.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:58 pm
Veni lightly rubbed and squeezed the arm before releasing it. He was very relieved Cian did nothing and that his sire didn’t do anything beyond that.

Nefretiri raised an eyebrow and looked past the blonde girl when she said angel’s fire, but didn’t inquire about it. The giant of a man averted his gaze to avoid hers. The girl had said it softly enough that he might not of heard her so he was probably avoiding the gaze of a vampire rather than avoiding it because he was hiding something.

Upon hearing the tall male guest’s question, who was several inches shorter than the giant, Nefretiri resisted a slight frown from forming on her face. Either she was wrong or Eydís had not gone by that name all his life, which is a very long time indeed. She had hoped the word priestess would have cleared it if that was such the case, but apparently it didn’t. So she described her and watched for changes in Cian’s face and Daphne’s to a lesser degree. “She originates from eastern Europe. Her hair is thick, the color of cinnamon but slightly darker, and goes to about here down her back.” She turned, looking behind her at them still, and put her hand approximately where it would be in equivalence to hers. She turned back and continued to watch her guest’s body language as she continued. “Her face is round. But one of her most prominent characteristics is that she is,” she moved her hand to be at about Eydís’s height, “a petite, poppet witch.”  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:46 pm
Cian didn't seem to feel Veni's light squeeze on his arm as he was caught up in Nefretiri. Almost as soon as Nefretiri was describing the priestess Cian knew who she was talking about. It was his maker. Sophia. Senna. Lavinia. And now Eydís. My sire has many names. He was not surprised; many of their kind took different names. Afterall, Cian was not his original name, nor would it be his last.

The ending bit confirmed the identity even more. It really was her most prominent characteristic. She was a child. A young child. When he talked with his sire sometimes he forgot that about her. She was a force to be reckoned with stubborn as any child might be but as clever and strategic as an adult general. Her instincts were often above par and she was wise. Then, of course, there was the magic bit.

”Ah. I know her by a different name.” Cian allowed, he didn’t know where this conversation was going but he felt as though he should answer an unspoken question, ”She is my sire.” He paused before continuing, ”I believe she’s well. She does not like to leave home.” He spoke quickly, trying to find Nefretiri’s intention behind the question. He knew she must have smelled the letter on him. It was a distinctive smell that Sophia had had for centuries. The next question couldn’t be escaped. ”Now, I must apologize for my frankness but how do you know her?” As far as he knew, his maker was a recluse.

((Changed her Greek name from Sybil to Sophia. It fits her more))

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:57 pm
Nefretiri answered the question right as Daphne got to Cian’s side. She looked curiously from her mate to Veni’s sire. Daphne could see Cian’s discomfort rising. The features the older vampire was describing were common in Eastern Europe. Daphne could not help but wonder if Cian would know whom Nefretiri was talking about…Until her last sentence. ”a petite, poppet witch.” A Witch child? Does Cian know a witch? She saw his expression become one of understanding and she watched as it became slightly more closed.

Finally, Cian responded. He was being far more open about it than Daphne would have thought. She knew he did not like giving out personal information. The child priestess was his maker. She did not remember Cian telling her that his sire was a witch though…It made sense, however. If she used runic magic. The “poppet” bit surprised Daphne as well. She had not known that Cian’s sire was a child…She could not help but feel some level of sympathy. The sympathy ran through her every time she saw Dan and Daisy as well. They were forever stuck inside a child’s body. She wondered how that would affect Sophia, if at all. Daphne glanced once at Veni, the next at Sephiroth. She wondered how they were taking this news.

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:30 pm
Sephiroth’s eyes were hard yet weary with tiredness as he watched for any indication that he should plow forward and grab the two. He had trouble seeing the shorter Nefretiri’s hands over the taller Daphne and Cian who were once more standing together and somewhat blocking his view of her. He really wish they’d stand apart so he could see better, but he knew Cian didn’t want Daphne alarmed nor did he think it wise to move from his spot and seem suspicious to the elder vampire. He missed the height gesture and didn’t know what poppet meant. He saw it in a movie once and it was said to a young lady and thus that’s what he thought it meant. Apparently this young lady was tinier than Nefretiri or less full in figure like a petite woman. Daphne’s questioning and sad glance back at him which he returned with a softer look made him doubt his understanding of the word. He wasn’t from this world and though there wasn’t much of a language barrier between him and the others there were still some words that were different or that he wasn’t familiar with.  
RP Worlds THoR: Alternate Universe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff