Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[HH 1v1] Bring It On! (Shik + Kat) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:10 am
He still didn't like the Haunted House and still didn't want to prowl its confusing halls for prey--but he did understand this was one of the few reliable (questionably so) places he could hope to encounter a hunter. He had a hankering to fight and would not rest until it was sated.

The frustration of not being allowed to finish off the runt from before was going to be vented today. Shik was once again up in the trees and watching the landscape for signs of movement, forgoing having a partner this time around. He wanted to prove to himself that as an elder, he did have the power to destroy a hunter on his own. It was his ego talking, naturally, but until it was solidly put in its place he would continue to act out. Besides, having a live target made things more fun. Hunting alone was just boring, but hunting a Hunter, well . . .

He did mention trying to have a roast one for Shaheen as an end of the year present.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:25 am
Getting rather used to going on patrols now and again, Kat arrived at the haunted house once again. Leaving the island for a bit was a small blessing, even if it involved coming to this insufferable place for a few hours. Unsure of the weather conditions for this area, she thought to play it safe and dress warmly, considering the time of year it was. Thankfully, the right choice.

Rubbing her hands together, in a poor attempt to generate heat, the Sun hunter started forward, keeping a watchful eye out for anything and anyone about. There was no telling who could already be here, but somehow, she had a sinking feeling that this day was going to be more eventful than she had originally planned.

:Stay alert.:

I know.

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:32 am
There. He stared intently in the distance just to be sure, but he was right: movement. Tucking the fur gathered at his throat down, he leaped from the tree and took to the sky.

Last time, they had had to wait it out time after time, day after day, using stealth to avoid notice until they found what they wanted. This time, however, he was far too impatient for that. Most especially once he recognized the lone figure in the snow.

Perfect.

"I was wondering if you were still alive," Shik greeted with a grin as he descended while upright, arms crossed. He landed with a crunch on the ground. "Good. You haven't disappointed me by letting someone else get to you first."

LividPeas rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:45 am
The distant sound of trees rustling was enough to spook Kat into summoning her weapons, but it wasn't until she heard a familiar voice that she knew for sure what was going on. Every time she had arrived at this God forsaken place, a part of her hoped that she may come across this horseman again, if only to pay him back for the scar left on her face in her defeat from their last solo fight.

"Well, I have to say I'm quite thrilled to discover that you're still breathing yourself." Turning slowly to face him fully, her gaze narrowed slightly as she eyed the horseman before her. "I've been hoping I would run into you again."

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:50 am
He feigned offense. "I should think I have proven myself capable by now, no? I will always be around, huntress," Shik stated, his grin turning toothy. "The same cannot be said for you or yours. You change as fast as the winds, different faces all dying for the same inane cause. But already I have noticed something different about you: did you do something about your hair perhaps?"

His gaze trailed a little to the side, pleased to see the thin line that marked their last personal encounter many months ago. Today he would give it a sibling or two.

His fingers flexed, eager to remember what it was like to rip into a Hunter's shield. "Shall we play the game again, then?" he asked almost cordially if it wasn't for the hungry gleam in his eyes. Naturally he didn't wait for an answer, leaping forward with a slash to test her.

HP: 50
Damage: 6

LividPeas rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:06 am
"Maybe." She answered, rolling her eyes. Her guns were still tightly grasped as she uncomfortably shifted her weight from foot to foot. "But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss us. But then again, your race is pretty narrow minded." She sneered at the horseman, even more so when he mentioned her hair. Something of which she was still a little more than miffed over. "I felt like a change."

The fight hadn't even started yet, and already he was starting to get a rise out of her. Come on, keep your cool. Over and over she repeated these words in her head, and still she could feel her blood begin to boil.

At his question, she then prepared herself, just barely able to block his attack. "Tch!" In response to his strike, she quickly moved to press her own gun against him before he had the chance to move back, pulling the trigger.

HP: 44/50
Damage: 4
Charge: 1/3

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 3 Total: 13 (2-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:16 am
Ah, the Hunter's backtalk had been missed. It was a leashed dog's bark to him essentially, but the white noise filled the spaces between their attacks like background music. Shik barked a laugh as the gun went off, shrugging off the bullets as his shield took the brunt off. "Shame. I was hoping to drag you by your hair, but even close-cropped it can still be done."

And he was quite eager to demonstrate it, judging by the force of his next slash. Each moment of collision gave him a small high, not simply because he was battling, but because he strike gave him just that much more energy to fill the Distortion crystal. All of this on top of irritating the ghoul and, well, today couldn't possible get better.

Except until he won of course.

"It occurs to me that we haven't exchanged names yet," he mused. "I wouldn't bother normally, but I have taken a little interest in you, kitten~ And what use is a game if I do not know my opponent?"

HP: 46
Damage: 7

LividPeas rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 9 Total: 18 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:32 am
Gritting her teeth, Kat prepped Xedis for another round. She needed to get her act together if she was planning to take this guy down. If anyone was going to get dragged around by their hair, she was going to make damn well sure it wasn't going to be her. "Just try it..!" She threatened, gripping her guns even tighter. So help her God, she was going to maim him after this if he even dare tried to touch her. Hell, she would still try to maim him even if he didn't.

Bringing her arms up in an attempt to fend off the worst of his attack, she could feel each strike straining her shield further. Why? Why was it this guy always gave her such trouble? Every encounter with this guy only frustrated her and her blood to boil. It needed to stop!

His words and the following nickname caught the hunter off guard, even caused her to flinch before quickly recovering. "Huh, I suppose I should be flattered that someone such as you would even bother to ask my name." Finally spotting an opening, she instead choose to move in close and retaliate with a melee blow.

"Fine, I'll play along with whatever this is. My name is Kat. And whom might you be? Hmm?"

HP: 37/50
Damage: 12
Charge: 2/3

Ol-j-man

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 8 Total: 17 (2-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:33 pm
Try? Oh he was going to do more than try . . . Being cooped up on vacation after the Tear incident made him eager to dish out some violent payback, and after being cockblocked last time, well . . . It really was unfortunate that it had to be this particular Hunter. Shik liked toying with his favorites after all.

But after the surprise pistol whip took him by surprise, he decided to up the ante a little more. Grunting, he raised an arm to take the hit, impressed by the strength behind the swing; he wouldn't have guessed someone as thin as her could contend with him physically. More borrowing off of that weapon, he bet. "Shikoba Len," he replied, thrusting her arm away and moving in to slash her shield once more, this time forming an X as both taloned hands came down. "Remember it well, Kat. You will be seeing more of me soon enough."

HP: 34
Damage: 11

LividPeas rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:48 pm
Disappointed that her last attack was blocked by his quick reflexes, she at least hoped that the force she put into that swing would at least make his arm sore for a while. She could already heat Xedis' lecture, echoing in the back of her mind for not having the smarts to use him properly. A lecture that was easily dismissed as she concentrated on the battle at hand.

Shikoba Len.

So that was the name of the hulk of a beast before her. Glancing upward, she attempted to move to the side as his hands came down to slice at her shield again, but once again, a little too late. Wincing, her shield wavered again from the strike.

Dashing to the side, she moved to head around behind him, in hopes of having better success then. "Oh, are you planning to meet with me again, then? Lucky me." With another opening, she took the shot.

HP: 26/50
Charge: 3/3

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:06 pm
Gods, he disliked guns. It was the more cowardly version of a bow and arrow, which in and of itself was lesser among the weapons he preferred; but at least the bow and arrow took skill. The bullet crushed against his shield, turning his smile into a snarl.

"As your kind are like roaches, I am prepared to have to deal with you over and over again until you learn to stay down." Forgoing chasing her, Shik summoned his dagger and tossed it her way to keep her on her toes. "And I am also prepared to make sure you leave each encounter with a brand new scar as well until the lesson sinks in."

HP: 28
Damage: 2

LividPeas rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 3 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:18 pm
With success, Kat couldn't help but give the horseman a smug grin. She was still far from winning this battle, but at least she managed to piss him off a bit. It was only fair, considering he was constantly trying to rile her up.

"Tch..!" And now it was her turn to anger again. Damn this guy! "Unfortunately for you, you can't keep me down." Spotting the dagger, she moved in time to just have the weapon graze her shield as she charged towards the horseman once again, this time aiming a punch towards his face.

If anyone was leaving scars, it would be her.

HP: 24/50
Damage: 7

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 7 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 3, 3, 1, 1, 4 Total: 17 (7-28)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:34 pm
He would never in his right mind admit that these melee attacks were bothering him, but he would most certainly admit that they were annoying. With a flap of his wings Shik backed off for a moment, rolling his shoulders as he eyed the Hunter.

"The last one who had such bravado took a terrible fall from . . . Oh, how high was it?" Shik mused aloud, resummoning his dagger; it was starting to glow like an ember in his hand. "Ah, maybe twenty-five feet? Thirty? I can't remember now, but he had made such a nice shooting star." The grin was back. "You would make an even more splendid one."

Pumping his wings, the executioner lunged forward, the dagger bursting into flames as he tried to strike her.

HP: 21
Damage: gj shik A+

LividPeas rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:41 pm
With Shik backing off, Kat made no move to pursue him further. Instead, she remained where she was, waiting and watching the large horseman carefully.

"Last one?" Who one earth was he talking about? Another hunter? She had no idea, but the mention of falling from such height was enough to cause the hunter to flinch.

As his smile returned, so did her scowl. Unamused by his tale, she was about to retaliate when he then lunged for her. s**t! Jumping off to the side as he came down to hit her, she managed to strike him once across the side before stumbling over in her haste to dodge the flames.

That was close. Too close.

HP: 24/50

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 9 Total: 15 (2-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:57 pm
Inwardly he cursed and wondered if Shaheen's sudden failings with her Fear had somehow been contagious; he had had that attack down rather well before . . . Damned Hunter was throwing off his concentration.

He didn't bother answering this time, putting his energies into following up the missed attack with another slice of his dagger, growling. He might not get a roast hunter this time, but he sure as well was going to get a downed one, one way or another. At least the brief flame brought some feeling back into his limbs, making them less stiff as he threw himself into the attack to try and knock her down.

HP: 15
Damage: 9

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas