Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
I'm curious

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the question is in the post
  one account
  an account for every character
  I suppose it doesn't really matter to me.
View Results

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 pm
I'm seriously really curious,

If you had the choice between having your characters all on one account or having seperate accounts for each character so you can keep tack of who is in a scene which would you choose?

all character on one account:
+ less member clutter
+ less hassle to log in
- not always clear who is participating in a scene
- have to make sure you use the proper format in the proper place

usually places that allow this form of rping allows any numble of character as long as you can keep track (and in off gaia cases admin may contact you about removing some if you aren't)

one account per a character
(aka character mules)
+ clear who is participating
+ don't have to worry about formating errors
- lots of members
- having to log in (unless linking accounts are allowed)

Places that use this rp form, usually have have a character limit to prevent too much over crowding and confusion about characters. Using the signature to keep a list of who all the rper is playing is common.

Edited, if you voted already and now with thes clearification want to change or comment in anyway feel free.

(I will also edit from time to time to try and make it clear I'm actually just particpating in an multi account rp for the first time.)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:04 pm
Why should my Mule Account join? I actually go on it the days I go on my regular account to collect my daily earnings but I never do anything with her.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:11 pm
mc2
Why should my Mule Account join? I actually go on it the days I go on my regular account to collect my daily earnings but I never do anything with her.
I don't mean anything acutally, I'm just asking a theoritical question, my friend recruited me to a site off gaia where they want accounts for a character for the sake of clearification, so I was wondeirng what the common opinion of the guild would be if we were able to do that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:12 pm
anbu_ninja_penguin
mc2
I don't mean anything acutally, I'm just asking a theoritical question, my friend recruited me to a site off gaia where they want accounts for a character for the sake of clearification, so I was wondeirng what the common opinion of the guild would be if we were able to do that.

I see. To me it would be more confusing (personally) to have multiple accounts, but that's just me. Then again I already voted.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:13 pm
No way. I don't want to have to log out and back on every time I want to post a different character and I have so many characters- it'd just be ridiculous. And if like ten members are all the same person- isn't that kind of false advertising?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:23 pm
The Forgotten Weasley
No way. I don't want to have to log out and back on every time I want to post a different character and I have so many characters- it'd just be ridiculous. And if like ten members are all the same person- isn't that kind of false advertising?
well I know off gaia sites, some of them allow account linking so you don't have to log out just press a button to swap accounts. usually in this set up would have you list your character in the siggy  

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items