Reply 28. ✿ - - - Video Games
Any Dragon age/Mass effect players?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ButterFlyCross89

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:26 am
I Love bioware (game company) games and most other games that aren't RPGs I tend to get bored with pretty quick. I love Dragon age origins and 2 and mass effect 1-3. I love Dragon age the most. I love the story, party banter, the romances, the fact my choices in the game affect the story and interactions with my companions and many other things. Cant wait for Dragon age Inquisition !!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:17 pm
One of these days I'm going to continue playing Dragon Age: Origins before DAI comes out. I'm trying to romance Alistair despite having an Elf Mage but I'm going to harden him, even if my mage becomes his mistress I'll be happy.  

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:41 pm
Is it good?
I was considering getting the Dragon age games this week. I'm pretty much 100% done on all the games I own, and I'm looking into new things. Dragon age keeps poping up on my Origin. Is it worth getting? Do you have to start with the first game or can you jump in with DA 2 or whatever?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:30 pm
I jumped into Dragon Age 2 just to try it and ended up being obsessed.

Honestly if you're into the story more then go with Dragon Age Origins and do it in order: Dragon Age Origins > various DLCs > DA Origins Awakening > Dragon Age 2.

Though if you play Dragon Age: Origins first, I'm warning you now, the battle system for mage is horrible in terms of basic attacks. The mage system is better in DA 2. It's more fluid.  

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200

Shaman Slate

Sweet Humorist

15,425 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:43 pm
I love bioware games. Can't wait to play dragon age 3! I was a little disappointed with dragon age 2 cause of the dungeons being was to similar to one another. But I always played for the story and the interactions with the characters.
The whole Mass Effect experience was great (cept maybe the ending. hope the indoctrination theory is true.)My favorite character to romance was Garrus (how can you not love that voice?!)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:43 pm
I've only played the bonus thingie that someone uploaded to Kong for Dragon Age. I do want to play the actual games sometime, though
Mass Effect I don't mind watching someone play, but I suck at shooter games myself (Quake 3 Arena and Borderlands), so I'll suck at the Mass Effect series XD  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Strawberry Requiem

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:14 pm
Astra Green
The mage system is better in DA 2. It's more fluid.

This is exactly why I didn't mind playing a mage so much in II. The battle system in general is a lot less stop and go. Granted, I had a harder time paying attention to the health of the party in II because of how fast-paced combat was. Anders definitely earned his keep in that game, other than being completely adorable and Adam Howden's voice lulling me into complacency.

I'm actually pre-ordering Dragon Age: Inquisition today. I'm super excited about romancing Varric. I want some sweet dwarf love.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:49 pm
I ended up super obsessed with dragon age!
But now the third game isn't going to be available for MAC so I won't be able to play anymore crying
So annoyed that they would suddenly change.

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

28. ✿ - - - Video Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas