Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
YET ANOTHER IDEA?! WHAT?! What! What? what.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 pm
Soooooo, because of the lack of activity lately, I've been craving to write something. But of course, I don't know if anyone would join my rps, cause I'm a lame-o and I suck at making them. So I'm looking here for a head count and I am totes (my goats) open to suggestions.

As far as plot goes:

The Lord of the Day and the Lady of the Night were siblings who decided to make a fair truce after an eternity of fighting at the cost of sacrificing their mortality. In the armistice between Day and Night, they decided to select four beings to represent them, being that they could no longer rule the lands themselves in a physical sense. They picked two males and two females to rule four regions, separating the lands equally amongst the four.
These four became the immortal deities known today as Winter, Spring, Summer, and Autumn.

The Countess of Summer, also known as the Harvest Queen, rules the fields near the coasts and the seas. The fields are vast and bountiful during summer season. She is rarely seen, mainly because she resigns herself to the seas as a mermaid. She will walk on land only at the most important of times. Mermaids and shapeshifters (werewolves, werecats, were/animals) often live in her domain. It is said that she and the Ice King don't get along.

The Duke of Winter, commonly called the Ice King, reigns over the mountains, and is also rarely seen, coming out of his palace only to attend important events. He stays in a large spire-like castle on the tallest mountain, which can be seen everywhere on the continent. The mountains are cold all year long, constantly snowing. Only during winter season does it ever snow all over the continent. Orcs, giants, and some shapeshifters often live in his domain. It is said that he and the Harvest Queen do not get along.

The Lady of Spring, dubbed Mother Nature, dwells deep in the thick forests. Her appearances are fleeting, and she is said to be as beautiful as the Harvest Queen. She is a youthful spirit, and while she is difficult to find, she will often show herself instead. However, because her season requires a lot of life and blooming growth, she often sleeps through the other seasons. Animals, elves, fairies, and some shapeshifters live in her domain.

Lastly, there is the King of Autumn who rules over the rest of the continent. It is here that the majority of the races, including humans, magic users, and dwarves, live. They colonize in cities and towns. The capital is where the King lives, in a castle made of stone. At the edge of his kingdom are the forests of spring, which turn gold during his season. He is the most mortal of all the deities, unlike the others. He is the only that can truly die. When this happens, his son, the next King of Autumn, inherits his throne and the cycle begins again.

There is unity amongst the four, a mutual understanding between all them, each carefully selected by the Lord of Day and the Lady of Night. It is a shared responsibility, and each take their roles very seriously, passing the responsibility when their season passes and receiving it when their season begins. It is a never-ending cycle, and none of them dare to mistreat their roles, lest the balance is lost and chaos enters the lands.

It becomes a problem when it is FAR past the time for the Duke of Winter to pass the season to the Lady of Spring. The Lady of Spring has not awakened from her slumber yet, which means that winter will not end until she does. This has continued about six years, and the Duke of Winter is tired of this ongoing winter. Everyone has grown restless, and the balance of the seasons is unnatural. However, it is the Prince of Autumn (not quite a king because his father is still alive), that decides that this all should end. He rounds up a group to find Spring, and figure out why she still continues to sleep.

I would love to delve more into it, but I'll do that if I decide to make it. So would anyone be interested in a plot like this? No? Why? Criticism and opinions are welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:40 pm
I think it sounds awesome! If I have the time, I would join it. Unfortunately I have to say "if" right now because next semester is kind of a make-or-break for my degree, and I don't know what the workload is going to look like yet.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:44 pm
It sounds really cool, but honestly I don't think I will being joining. I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things and right now focusing on one rp is what I can muster.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:48 pm
Hmmm, yes. Maybe this is bad timing. I just thought because it is winter break time, that maybe lots of people would have some free time. But maybe I should start this a bit later. Which I don't mind, because I kind of like getting my thoughts down first. I want to take my time to make it, which can be a REAL long time.

But if there is any feedback you want to give me in the free time, then it would be appreciated.  

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:21 pm
Yea sorry. I'm still excited to be able to rp with you though in my rp ^^

Feedback? Honestly you make better rps than me so I don't really know what to say to make it any better.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:11 am
This idea's pretty awesome! If you decide to make it, I'm interested in joining. biggrin

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:42 am
To add onto the rp idea, mainly because I had to cut it short, I wanted the group to consist of holiday characters. Like Santa Claus or the Easter Rabbit. Of course, with some cool twists, like Santa Claus is a burly, strong guy from the mountains (in the winter domain). And the Easter Bunny is a rabbit eared guy who is a very good runner and has a secret hobby of making cute eggs (in the spring domain). Hearing that the Prince of Autumn is setting out to find Spring, these holiday characters tag along.

And maybe, like, the Prince of Autumn's reason for finding Spring is because he has this weird complex. Like, he loves/admires her for being the total opposite of him. Autumn symbolizes the degradation of life, while spring symbolizes the growth of life. So Autumn loves that about her, but hates her for being everything he can't be. So he has this love/hate relationship about her, even though he has never met her. So he's sort of torn between wanting to meet her and wanting to kill her.

I don't know, that was just a random thought thrown out there. But tell me what y'all think!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:30 am
This is definitely one interesting plot. Never read anything like it. If you should ever start this rp, count me it. Loved all your ideas so far!  

BingWangzhi

Shirtless Werewolf

1,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:36 pm
Would Totes join biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:41 pm
Greedy Fat Cat
To add onto the rp idea, mainly because I had to cut it short, I wanted the group to consist of holiday characters. Like Santa Claus or the Easter Rabbit. Of course, with some cool twists, like Santa Claus is a burly, strong guy from the mountains (in the winter domain).

This is how I badass Santa/Odin:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Badass Santa vote of approval  

Anniria

Greedy Hunter

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:04 pm
Anniria
Greedy Fat Cat
To add onto the rp idea, mainly because I had to cut it short, I wanted the group to consist of holiday characters. Like Santa Claus or the Easter Rabbit. Of course, with some cool twists, like Santa Claus is a burly, strong guy from the mountains (in the winter domain).

This is how I badass Santa/Odin:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Badass Santa vote of approval
I approve of that image.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:36 pm
Greedy Fat Cat
To add onto the rp idea, mainly because I had to cut it short, I wanted the group to consist of holiday characters. Like Santa Claus or the Easter Rabbit. Of course, with some cool twists, like Santa Claus is a burly, strong guy from the mountains (in the winter domain). And the Easter Bunny is a rabbit eared guy who is a very good runner and has a secret hobby of making cute eggs (in the spring domain). Hearing that the Prince of Autumn is setting out to find Spring, these holiday characters tag along.

And maybe, like, the Prince of Autumn's reason for finding Spring is because he has this weird complex. Like, he loves/admires her for being the total opposite of him. Autumn symbolizes the degradation of life, while spring symbolizes the growth of life. So Autumn loves that about her, but hates her for being everything he can't be. So he has this love/hate relationship about her, even though he has never met her. So he's sort of torn between wanting to meet her and wanting to kill her.

I don't know, that was just a random thought thrown out there. But tell me what y'all think!

I believe I've got enough free time between my busy schedule of doing nothing to be your Autum Prince guy, I even have an October birthday, so that makes me like super qualified. emotion_awesome  

omgIisonfiyah

Interesting Lunatic

14,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:57 pm
When I read the title my thoughts went from "Sweet more rp goodness!" To "oh my goodness, she's having a David Tennant moment!"

Also, I like the idea but I'm not sure if I'll be able to join. I'm falling behind in the rp's I'm in and I still owe you picks for your previous idea. I'll see what I can do.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:09 am
My Airship RP is my absolute first priority. I won't start to make this rp until that one is off the ground (totally unintentional pun). So do not worry!  

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces