Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The main continent, called Melith, is made up of two grand countries residing over the civilized explored lands. One is the Grand Empire of Marus, which holds the cooler northern territories, while the other is the sunny United Kingdoms of Adalla, a group of smaller kingdoms and large city states united under Ameras Royal Family. They each ruled themselves separately, but they had sworn loyalty to the High King and his family. Both the Emperor of Marus and the High King of Adalla live on floating isles, usually right in the center of their lands in grand palaces that offer stunning views of their lands.

The world is winding down from the Magical Era, and is just in the first stages of the Age of Steam. The world is a very large one, with many different phenomena, including large deserts, grand forests, spanning seas, and massive floating islands in the sky that cast shadows on the land below. It is Praan, the stream of life that runs underneath the world, that constitutes the "magic" that gives the ability of magic to people. It is what provides life and resources to the land and everything that lives in it. It is also what allows the floating isles to stay aloft, and what fuels the airships that merchants, travelers, and the military use today.

~~~

"It is said that our ancestors were people who descended from the clouds. They had come from the heavens above, from another world entirely. They came to these lands in hopes of a better, peaceful home and settled here. For centuries, they respected and worshipped these lands.
It is said that they did not have abilities like the ones we have today. Not until the stream of life, which we now call Praan, that runs through the continent blessed them with abilities for being so mindful of the well-being of the lands. And with these new gifts, they had lost their ability to return to their home, the majority forgetting about their origins entirely.

Since then, our two vast and beautiful countries that we know today, Adalla and Marus, have thrived in bountiful resources and peace. However, the issue of air pirates have become an increasingly troublesome problem in both countries, especially because airships have become a popular vessel of transportation. Trading and shipping have boomed because of airships, which also meant a high surge of piracy. It was like farming during harvest season. And with such a high percentage of merchant ships being raided by these merciless pirates, the military and several hired mercenaries have been put to work to stop them.

But our focus is turned to the royal twins of Adalla. Now these siblings are special, in a way that no one is today, for as far as we know. There was doubt about this initially, but it has now become a well-known fact that these twins have absolutely no inherent abilities. This speculation is a wonderment in both kingdoms, but the Adalla family has sheltered the twins so much that very few can actually meet the two.

A great many of pirates and dealers would love to get their hands on them, whether it be to sell them or get a reward.
Many elders and worshippers of the old lore claim that they are part of an ancient race, like our ancestors. They gossip that these siblings are a key to unlocking their true origins, and something far greater but because we have forgotten about their origins, no one really knows. They desperately want to use these twins to unlock the secrets of their pasts.

However, the siblings are kidnapped by airship pirates, and are whisked off into the skies. The Adalla Royal Family has not only sent the military on after them, but mercenaries as well. The United Kingdoms of Adalla blames the Empire of Marus for such an occurrence, and the relationship between the two is tense. Other airship pirates want to reap the bounty as well, jumping at the idea of stealing the two of them away.

What will the twins become? Will they return home? Will they be sold off? Or will they truly unlock the secrets of our pasts?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:52 pm
я ε g υ ℓ α т ι σ η s

I trust many of you enough to follow Gaia ToS and to be respectful of these rules. Okami Ameras and I, Greedy Fat Cat, are the mods of this rp, so we hold all rights to add/change the rules. Any breakage of these rules, well, we'll talk about it later. emotion_dealwithit

My first rule, and to which I think is probably the most important, is to not god mod. No mary/gary sues or these limitless types of characters. But again, I trust you enough to make characters that have their bounds. However, I don't mean this as a restriction to your creativity, which is HIGHLY recommended.

Have fun! I'm pretty lenient on language, just not too excessively. Gore, romance, comedy and adventure are also encouraged, just keep it reasonable.

Please use "Cirrus" as your pm header. You can have as many characters as you can handle.
If you are applying for PIRATE SHIP TWO and/or ADALLA'S SHIP, then pm Okami Ameras your profiles. If you are apply for PIRATE SHIP ONE and/or MARUS'S SHIP, then pm me, Greedy Fat Cat, your profile.

Pm either of us for any questions or suggestions. We will be more than happy to help!

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:54 pm
Reserved

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:04 am
ⓢ ⓚ ⓔ ⓛ ⓔ ⓣ ⓞ ⓝ

[align=center][color=YOURCHOICE][size=10][b]Pilot:[/b] [Username]
[b]The Name Is:[/b] [First, Middle Name Optional, Last]
[b]But Everyone Knows Me As:[/b] [Nicknames, Fake Names, Titles, Ect.] [/size]
[size=14]✭✭✭✭✭[/size]
[size=10][Role? Captain, Mercenary, Soldier, Ect.]
[Male, Female, Hermaphrodite]
[Age]
[b]Nation of Origin:[/b] [Birthplace; Marus or Adalla; Note: this has nothing to do with which side you are]
[b]Allegiance:[/b] [Which side are you on? Marus, Adalla, Pirate, Other? Also explain why/why not you are after the twins. Were you hired?] [/size]
[size=14]✩✩✩✩✩[/size]
[size=10][b]If You Need To Know:[/b] [Bio.]
[b]Where'd You Hear That From?:[/b] [Personality.]
[b]My Favorites:[/b] [5 Likes]
[b]Bane of My Existence:[/b] [5 Dislikes]
[b]Born With:[/b] [Inherent ABILITY! I would love for people to have different abilities, but if you want a certain ability, then that's fine. Just so you know, these don't make you all powerful, and you have your limits. I leave you the responsibility to know right from wrong.]
[b]The Details:[/b] [Other] [/size]

[b]Quite The Looker:[/b] [Anime pic, please.] [/color][/align]

Ⓡ Ⓞ Ⓛ Ⓔ Ⓢ

P I R A T E S H I P O N E, The Galatea : [Captain Eureka L. Fortuna]-[First Mate]-[Mechanic]-[Crew]-[Crew]

P I R A T E S H I P T W O, The Spirale : [Captain]-[First Mate]-[Mechanic]-[Crew Veasna N. Walker]-[Crew]

A D A L L A F O R C E S S H I P, The Justum: [Captain]-[First Mate Renard L. Winterbourne]-[Mechanic]-[Crew]-[Crew]

M A R U S F OR C E S S H I P, Valklyrie: [Captain]-[First Mate]-[Mechanic Svetlana P. Fortuna]-[Crew]-[Crew]

T W I N O N E : [Rachana Bast Ameras]

T W I N T W O : [Twin]

t a k e n (if the role is filled up with a name)
r e s e r v e d
o p e n !

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:25 am
Characters

Twin 1
Pilot: Okami Ameras
The Name Is: Rachana Bast Ameras
But Everyone Knows Me As: Mao, Ra, Rak

✭✭✭✭✭
[Kidnapped Twin]
Female
Nation of Origin: Adalla
Allegiance: ... Adalla, for now

✩✩✩✩✩
If You Need To Know: Born into the Adalla Royal Family with her sibling, it was found that she along with her twin had no abilities. Everyone looked at them like they were so important, like they were special. Rachana always felt... powerless. Compared to even the simplest maid, she couldn't do anything. So she pushed herself. She pushed herself, mind and body, until she was both more mentally sharp and physically more capable then most of her peers.
Her family, in response to word getting out about their lack of powers, hid her and her sibling away, mainly keeping them in the privacy of the non public parts of the Palace, only appearing for grand balls and other important events in which they themselves will reside over one day.
Where'd You Hear That From?: Incredibly intelligent and very strong willed due to her own training, Rachana is highly observant. She cares little for outright shows of strength, preferring intelligence and wit. She's a bit of a loner, from her upbringing along with her sibling. She tends to be studious and gets sarcastic when her studies are interrupted.
My Favorites: Alone time, her sibling, Exercise, Books, Learning/Making new things
Bane of My Existence: Large crowds, people who don't listen, Boredom, Sitting someone for long periods of time
Born With: None. That's what makes her 'special.'
The Details: Nothin' yet.

Quite The Looker: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Spirale

Pilot: Greedy Fat Cat
The Name Is: Veasna Nikolai Walker
But Everyone Knows Me As: Sna; Lucky; Pup

✭✭✭✭✭
A newly recruited crew member aboard The Spirale
Male
Twenty
Nation of Origin: Adalla
Allegiance: He just so happens to be on The Spirale, a pirate ship going after the twins. He believes that they are special people and had grew up believing that they were some type of godly people.

✩✩✩✩✩
If You Need To Know: Veasna was born in Adalla to a poor family who travelled a lot when Veasna was younger. They often went inbetween Marus and Adalla, finding odd jobs and work. Eventually the family of six settled down. His father got a job as a tailor and his mother was an entertainer. His three older brothers chose jobs such as blacksmithing or construction. Since Veasna was born a frail child, hard labor seemed out of question and Veasna set off on his own at 14 years old. He became a wanderer, earning money from side jobs and begging until he was picked up by a merchant’s airship which was then hijacked by air pirates. From there, Veasna began being picked up or kidnapped by airship crews, sometimes twice by the same airship. Many people began to call him Lucky because Veasna always had an uncanny sense of bad luck. Eventually he landed on The Spirale, which is his second time being there. The first time he was on it, he had gotten lost in town when they had docked and never made it back on. So he then earned his third nickname, Pup.
Where'd You Hear That From?: A lot of the times, Veasna is absent minded. When not daydreaming, Veasna is a charismatic and optimistic guy, often naïve at times, and genuinely kind. Veasna gets teased a bit by the other guys for being “puppy-like” but he doesn’t mind. One would say he is rather used to it. He is quite knowledgeable in a variety of things and has a lot of stories from all the experiences he’s had. He is spirited and young, but knows how to work and get things done.
My Favorites: Airships; kind people; animals; weird tasting food; exploring; nature; sleeping
Bane of My Existence: Being alone; getting lost; fighting; being pushed over or being underestimated; being tickled
Born With: Veasna has the power of healing and regeneration. He can heal any wound or ailment in a certain amount of time. As for healing others, there are certain limitations when doing so. As for reviving someone, from the dead, he has never tried it and doubts he could, even though he has done it once before.
The Details: The only time he has ever revived anything was with a small flying squirrel he found as a boy. It was lying dead on the side of a house. Yet when he picked it up and held it for a couple minutes, it revived to life. It now likes to keep around him and since then, Veasna has named it Esther.

Quite The Looker: User Image

Justum

The Name Is: Renard Luka Winterbourne
But Everyone Knows Me As: Luka, Ren, or Lieutenant

✭✭✭✭✭
First Mate and Lieutenant of the Adalla Force Ship, The Justum
Male
Twenty six
Nation of Origin: Born on the border of Adalla
Allegiance: Soldier of Adalla, Renard has a strong sense of duty to return the royal twins back to the palace

✩✩✩✩✩
If You Need To Know: Renard was raised mostly by his mother who had left the main house to live in a small nook on the border between Adalla and Marus. She had married Ren’s father, who was an Adalla military general, out of an arranged marriage. The main house treated her like a dog and gave her no more attention than one. Not wanting to raise Renard in a house she didn’t feel at home in, she left that house. She has since become a blemish in her family and the higher class. His father did not object to it but rarely visited Renard’s mother and him. Eventually Renard grew up, and decided to follow in his father’s footsteps in order to redeem his mother. He left home for an academy and graduated with high honors, though his father’s family still found faults with him. Renard then took exams to join the army as a high positioned officer, becoming a low ranked lieutenant on a scouting ship. From there, he became a higher ranked lieutenant and transferred to The Justum, a military ship directly serving the Adalla government. His ship has just been ordered as high security of the twins and to retrieve both of them safely.
Where'd You Hear That From?: Renard’s stubbornness probably comes from his father. Though he is a strict sort of person, he has been known to do things to his liking, which often gets him in trouble with his superiors. He has been taught to not be as empathic as he is, but he can’t help but sensitive towards others. He is justice driven, whether that lies in obedience or not, and is rather straight. Renard is dexterous and tactful, however lacks control and therefore comes across a little forceful.
My Favorites: Drinking, almost excessively; an easy and peaceful life; books; philosophy; completing his jobs and missions without hassle
Bane of My Existence: Frivolous people; bitter foods; people who question his abilities or his mother
Born With: Precision; he has an extreme sense of vision and perception. This has made him into a very precise and accurate shooter. But that's all he has in regards to ability and often times he gets teased for it.
The Details: Renard has been trained in military combat. He has been known to be one of the best shooters with a military gun in Adalla. He also has a military grade blade, to which he can use with quite a lot of talent.

Quite The Looker:
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 pm
c h a r a c t e r s

ρ ι я α т εX s н ι ρX σ η ε X: X т н ε Xg α ℓ α т ε α

The Name Is: Eureka Lenore Fortuna
But Everyone Knows Me As: Captain, Eureka the Fox, The Fire Woman, that b***h!

✭✭✭✭✭
Captain of a famed pirate airship, the Galatea
Female
Twenty four
Nation of Origin: Marus
Allegiance: As a well known pirate lord, the thought of stealing away the twins was just too wealthy of an opportunity to pass up, so Eureka decided to kidnap them.

✩✩✩✩✩
If You Need To Know: Tired of the constant tediousness of her difficult lifestyle there, Eureka ran away from her tribe which was located deep in the mountains of Marus. She left without much of a word, though her disappearance was anticipated considering her free spirit and wild personality. From her home lands, she left to the border of Marus and Adalla thinking that her best chance to get anywhere would be there. She grew up there earning her money gambling and swindling tourists out of their money. Eureka’s tenacity proved to do her well and when she was just seventeen, she won an airship from a game of chess with a cocky merchant. She’s been the captain of her ship for seven years now, her crew becoming a rather loyal bunch. She has since become famous for her elusiveness of the authorities in both countries, stealing from merchants and bounty hunting.
Where'd You Hear That From?: Eureka’s wild spirit proved too much when she was younger. Now older, her wildness has turned to spontaneity and brilliance. Eureka’s greed may be seen as selfishness, but she takes it as a sort of motivation. She is ambitious and mature, one to be daring and slightly promiscuous. She has been known to be insightful, but Eureka surely lacks any thought behind her actions. She is insensitive to others’ feelings but has proven to be a mighty leader. While she is a fearsome character and does not fear even death, she has sensitive emotions.
My Favorites: Stories, tales and mythologies of all kinds; money; booze; winning; fire and explosions
Bane of My Existence: Boredom; favors, unless she can reap some benefit; authority; losing
Born With: The power of the blue flame. She is especially weak around bodies of water, or when it rains. Her ability is as renown as her title, for she often uses it for explosions and fireworks.
The Details: Eureka picked up the ship name ‘Galatea’ merely because she liked it. The ship itself is an average size, yet has undergone modifications over the years. It is fast and evasive, making up for what it lacks in its offensive.

м α я υ s Xƒ σ я c ε sX s н ι ρX : X v α ℓ к ℓ у я ι ε

The Name Is: Svetlana Pozlaceny Fortuna
But Everyone Knows Me As: Svetlana or Lana

✭✭✭✭✭
Mechanic of the Marus Force Ship, Valklyrie
Female
Nineteen
Nation of Origin: Marus
Allegiance: Svetlana sides with the Marus government and anyone who supports or benefits her people. Not particularly interested in the twins all too much, her main interest is policing pirating, and is out to look for her sister.

✩✩✩✩✩
If You Need To Know: Svetlana’s tribe is small. They were originally nomads who settled in the northern mountains amongst the snow and rigorous terrain. When the era began to change by modern means, her tribe along with a few others remained very close to their traditions and their lands. They rarely met with the outside world besides the few diplomatic negotiations or random travellers. Some people found it constricting and others saw it as a simple way of life. For Svetlana, it was the latter and she saw no point in wanting to change it. But for Svetlana’s sister, her spirit could not be bounded to that sort of life and ran away. Her sister became an outlaw and a shame to her people. Since then, Svetlana swore to bring back her sister. She became a diplomatic negotiator between her people at a young age. From there, with permission from her tribe, she worked under the Marus empirical government, and landed herself on an airship that policed air pirates. Her ship has been recently assigned to capture those air pirates who have kidnapped the Adalla Royal Twins and Svetlana thinks that her sister is somewhat involved.
Where'd You Hear That From?: Svetlana has a lot of pride in herself and for where she comes from. She is a little standoffish and cold when put into certain social situations. However, she is usually very lethargic and taciturn. She is not as delicate and lovely as she may look, but she is certainly clever and abstract. She may look pretty, but Svetlana hates flirts and is skeptic around men. Svetlana will deny that she is jealous of her older sister, but it is obvious she holds a deep seeded grudge against her.
My Favorites: Plants; reading; sleeping; fixing things; being alone; anything that reminds her of her people
Bane of My Existence: Her sister; pirates; people who disregard nature; fire; losing
Born With: Chlorokinesis, she can manipulate plant life. Her powers are limited when in an environment without or not suitable for plants.
The Details: Svetlana became the mechanic of the Valklyrie mainly because her abilities. Since maintaining a whole ship is a tiresome and exhausting on her abilities, she is not asked to do much else other than sit around and wait for maintenance orders.

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 pm
Reservedededed!