Submit

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:35 pm
I don't think here is the fitting place on about how I went about getting such a ring, that's another long and sickeningly sweet story.

Long story short, I have this ring and I have to know whether or not it needs to get resized. It is only sold as a 7.

I always thought I was a ring size 8.5. my class ring is an 8.5. ive gotten fancy rings resized to 8.5 whenever they were bought for me incorrectly. I got the little key ring of ring sizes done on me when i got my class ring (which is a skinny band) and it said 8.5. So 8.5 seems logical for me, meaning yes, it needs a resizing.

but, this ring has this fancy story of fate behind it about fate being fate. So I joked around and I started to slip it on while i was visiting the person who gave it to me because he hadn't get gotten it resized yet. The size 7 went all the way onto my 8.5 short and chubby finger effortlessly, and could come off without too much work. So now we are confused on whether or not it should get resized.

I only wore the ring for a few seconds before taking it off, and when I got home I realized that was no proper way to gauge whether or not it truly fit and wouldn't suffocate my finger while being worn, so the next day we hung out again with a bunch of our friends and he handed me the ring so I could do a longer test. so for about 5-6 hours I wore it. it didn't hurt me. my finger didn't swell up. it didn't spin around. All of which I consider to be plusses. I have a fatter finger than my knuckle, so it pudged alittle around the ring, but not so much that it looks awful. I took it off for a few minutes to see if my finger was dying and it left a little line across my finger. that's it.

ADD IN PARAGRAPH: I wore it all night last night while sleeping and it didn't pain me at all. When I took it off it did leave a indentation on my finger though. Been off for almost an hour and it still hasn't faded completely.

but theres a few more factors to consider: it is winter, meaning there is a chance my finger could swell in hot weather, but today I wore it in an 80+ degree environment for the entire time. Also, I don't really wear rings during the summer because I don't really go out, so I cant use my memory to say whether or not my finger would swell.

also, my class ring and all of the other rings I wear aren't really skinny bands all around like this one. This one is a 2mm band around it, expanding a bit because of the design to about 4mm. my class ring, and most of my other rings, are 4mm at the back and expand gradually up to over a centimeter. rings like that fit differently than skinny bands like this one

so the question is: would you consider this ring to be a good fit? Would you recommend getting it resized? what size should I get it resized to?

thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:58 pm
If the ring is often too small or too loose then get it resized. Otherwise keep it like that...

Fingers can change diameter because of the swelling from temperature and water retention change... Like when I eat too much salty stuff, there is more water retention in my body or when I'm in my period.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:05 am
XxAriaxX
If the ring is often too small or too loose then get it resized. Otherwise keep it like that...

Fingers can change diameter because of the swelling from temperature and water retention change... Like when I eat too much salty stuff, there is more water retention in my body or when I'm in my period.

How would I know if it is often too small?

I need to decide over the next couple of days, and I don't have the ability to go out and get my finger properly sized.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:32 am
kaela2015
XxAriaxX

I need to decide over the next couple of days, and I don't have the ability to go out and get my finger properly sized.
Well how many days did you wear this ring and it was too small or too big?  

Miss_XxAriaxX

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:44 am
XxAriaxX
kaela2015
XxAriaxX

Well how many days did you wear this ring and it was too small or too big?

I just got it yesterday, so I cant really determine its fit over a long period of time. I have to guesstimate how its fit will change  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:31 pm
I've always gone by my shoe size with rings. So, my ring size is usually like 9.5 or 10  

ashlex_in_pearl

King Bunny

20,775 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:47 am
ashlex_in_pearl
I've always gone by my shoe size with rings. So, my ring size is usually like 9.5 or 10

Well, while that works at times, it doesn't work all the time for me, sadly. My shoe size is an 8.5, but all of my 8.5 rings are falling off D:  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:24 pm
Go up half a size? Quarter size?

My ring size is five and a half, but my feet are almost double that, lol  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points