Haha, this is what happens when I get bored. Some quotes relevant to the various houses for your reading pleasure, from various sources. Feel free to comment and submit ones you've found! Also, if you know who said any of these quotes and I don't, let me know! Yes, some of these are edited and/or shortened/condensed. Please, nobody kill me.

GRYFFINDOR!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"Brave to the point of idiocy." - unknown

"There are many different types of bravery. There's the bravery of thinking of others before one's self." - Mrs. Darling

"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me." - Harry Potter

"Courage makes us overcome our limits. It amazes us." - unknown

"I'm going to go crazy, and I'm taking you with me." - Vala Mal Doran

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! Nobody!" - White Goodman

"For there are many great deeds done in the small struggles of life." - Victor Hugo

"You're the kind of person that people write songs about." - unknown

"So. Who needs a plan?" - unknown

"It's just one more battle. And right is on our side." - King Arthur Pendragon

"Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye." - Helen Keller

"What do we say to the god of death? Not today." - Syrio Forel

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

"What can I say? I'm a bada**." - Dean Winchester

"I think the snake did it." - unknown

"We came, we saw, we kicked its a**!" - Dr. Peter Venkman

"I'll fly with my friends, I'll never back down, and fight to the end." - Ministry of Magic (band)

"I'm gonna kick the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight!" - Bruce Cockburn

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak, sometimes it means you are strong enough to let go." - Taylor Swift

"It would seem evil retreats when forcibly confronted." - Yarnek of Excalbia

"But we survived, didn't we? That makes it an adventure. If you get killed it's a tragedy." - Leaf

"Oh, there's always something you can do." - unknown

"Courage isn't a matter of just not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway." - The Doctor

"Hope has two beautiful daughters - their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to change the way things are." - St. Augustine

"It is not the strength of the body that counts, but the strength of the spirit." - J. R. R. Tolkien

"We protect those who cannot protect themselves." - Allison Argent

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us." - Westley

"I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act." - G.K. Chesterton

"The best thing about how I did that is how it will in no way ever come back to bite us in the a** ever." - Dave Strider

"Fate decides, until challenged by the fated." - Lena Duchannes

"If I observed all the rules, I'd never have gotten anywhere." - Marilyn Monroe

"It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart." - Finnick Odair

"Let it be known what you stand for and what you don't." - unknown

"At my signal, unleash hell." - Maximus

"He had been braver than he ever thought possible, but he had not been so brave as he wanted to be. The distinction was important." - Tim O'Brien

"Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Do not misunderstand me. Danger is very real. But fear is a choice." - Cypher Raige

"Adventure is out there!" - Charles Muntz

"To lead men, you must know them." - Qhorin

"You fight the fights that need fighting!" - AJ MacInerney

"The jurisdiction of a good man extends to the end of the world." - Sybil Vimes

"The only time you fall down is when you fall down and stay down." - Stephen Richards

"It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small, and the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all. It's time to see what I can do, to test the limits and break through, no right, no wrong, no rules for me, I'm free!" - Elsa

"No one's gonna hurt you, no one's gonna dare. Others can desert you, not to worry; whistle, and I'll be there." - Toby

"If it bleeds, then maybe we can kill it. If it bleeds, then maybe we stand a chance." - Creature Feature (band)

"Listen; smile, agree, then do whatever the ******** you were gonna do anyway." - Robert Downey Jr.

"At this place, at this moment, all mankind is us, whether we like it or not. Let us make the most of it before it is too late!" - Vladimir

"I used to be scared of uncertainty. Now I get a high out of it." - Jensen Ackles

"Willingness to fight is not courage." - Rock

"Confront what frightens or offends you. Reckless or insulting talk should never go unchallenged." - The Cheshire Cat

"Bravery after all isn't the absence of fear. Bravery is the acknowledgement and the conquering of fear." - Skullduggery Pleasant

"There's a hero in all of us." - Aunt May

"Respect all, fear none." - Nas

"It's our actions that define us. What we choose. What we resist. What we're willing to die for." - Karen Marie Moning

"You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it." - Fedora

"Fight! You must fight! If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win!" - Eren Jaeger

SLYTHERIN!

"I don't care if you're offended." - unknown

"Oh look! Another body!" - unknown

"Welcome to Team Better Than You." - unknown

"I'm no good at empathy, you'll have to settle for sarcasm." -unknown

"We are not a house. We are not one big, happy, family. We are a group of like minded psychopaths." - unknown

"We'd apologize for being the best house... but we don't really want to." - unknown

"You have the right to an opinion and I have the right to think it's stupid." - unknown

"When I'm good, I'm very good. When I'm bad, I'm even better." - Mae West

"I am the character you are not supposed to like." - Alan Rickman

"Evil is a point of view." - Lestat

"You confuse me with someone with remorse." - Damon Salvatore

"At least I have a positive attitude about my destructive habits." - unknown

"I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant." - unknown

"It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission." - unknown

"Were you looking at me and saying something? I wasn't listening." - unknown

"You seem strangely impervious to my threats. That annoys me." - unknown

"Cunning is the act of concealing our own defects and discovering other people's weaknesses." - William Hazlitt

"You can't ever win if you're always on the defensive. To win, you have to attack." - Light Yagami

"Come get in my way, and get tossed in the lake." - Ministry of Magic (band)

"I never forget a face. But in your case, I'll be glad to make an exception." - unknown

"Evil is just live spelled backwards." - unknown

"Mean and funny is still funny." - unknown

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks

"I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law." - David Dinkins

"The only other person I ever apologized to was my mother. And that was court ordered." - Jack McFarland

"Never go to bed angry. Stay up late and plot your revenge." - unknown

"My soul was removed to make room for all this sarcasm." - unknown

"That was a mean, low, sneaky, underhanded trick! And I'm quite pleased with myself." - unknown

"Don't be a hero! It's not covered in the health plan!" - Hermes Conrad

"I'm one of those bad things that happen to people." - unknown

"I crashed a funeral today." - Claire Cleary

"I'm free of prejudice. I hate everyone equally." - unknown

"Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world." - Lily Tomlin

"Excuse me, but I have minds to twist and values to warp." - unknown

"Either find a way or make one." - Hannibal

"He who fights and runs away may live to fight another day." - Tactitus

"People will believe anything if you whisper it." - Miguel de Unamuno

"If you observe little rules, you can break big ones." - unknown

"Rules don't apply to those who can get around them." - unknown

"Ethics? Highly subjected and completely overrated." - unknown

"Ah, fresh victims for my ever growing army of undead." - unknown

"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity." - Mycroft Holmes

"We're all monsters living in a dream." - The Maine

"I don't believe violence is ever the answer. It is a question. The real answer is far more terrifying." - Cecil

"Two can keep a secret if one of us is dead." - The Pierces

"I vastly prefer winning to losing." - Harry Parker

"See, 'cause people like you, the good people, they always die. The bad people do, too. But the weak people, the people like me... We have inherited the earth." - Morgan Jones

"You have nothing, nothing to threaten me with. Nothing to do with all your strength." - The Joker

"A gentleman is simply a patient wolf." - Lana Turner

"Why does everybody run from me? Why does everybody hide? What did I do?!" - Ivan Braginsky

"I don't keep friends. I keep acquainted. I'm not a prophet, but I'm here to profit. That's my life, nothing is sacred. I don't fall in love, I just fake it." - Fun. (band)

"A beautiful loss is still a loss, and an ugly win is still a win." - Grimsley

"If we cannot be friends, then we shall be enemies. And I will do my very best to annihilate you." - Mark Antony

"Remember: everyone's a winner, but only one team gets the trophy." - Phineas Flynn

"Get busy living or get busy dying." - Andy

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." - Dorothy Parker

"Equal to the greatest and subject to nobody." - John Locke

"Sometimes, revenge is justice." - Helena Bartinelli

"No one hurts my family and lives. No one." - Elijah

" What goes up will surely fall, and I'm counting down the time. I'm waiting until the upper hand is mine." - Linkin Park (band)

"Glory and gore go hand in hand." - Lorde

"Maybe there are no good people. Maybe there are only winners and losers." - Schmidt

"I'm not senile. I just talk to myself because the rest of you don't provide adequate conversation." - Mother Boneclaw

"When life robs you, sometimes you have to rob it back." - Liesel Meminger

"Nothing gives one so much advantage over another as to remain cool and unruffled under all circumstances." - Thomas Jefferson

"False face must hide what false face doth know." - Macbeth

HUFFLEPUFF!

"Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare

"The difference between "try" and "triumph" is a little "umph". - Marvin Philips

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." - Dalai Lama

"We're true to the end. United we stand, so I stand with my friends." - Ministry of Magic (band)

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." - Albert Einstein

"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

"If more of us valued good food and song over hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." - Gandalf the Grey

"It's nice to be important. But it's more important to be nice." - John Cassis

"If you can't do something smart, do something right." - Jayne Cobb

"It's not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them more." - Oscar Wilde

"Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

"I do not pray for a lighter load, but for a stronger back." - Philips Brooks

"Friendship is my best weapon." - unknown

"We started this thing together, and that's how we'll finish it, I promise." - Mushu

"That's the other nice thing about helping folks: sometimes, they help you right back." - Wander

"May you never lay your head down, without a hand to hold. May you never make your bed out in the cold." - John Martyn

"Sometimes a man has to be big enough to see how small he is." - Glen Hollander

"We have cupcakes. Need I say more?" - unknown

"A good man will kill you with hardly a word." - Samuel Vimes

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man." - Kvothe

"When kind men grow angry, things are about to change." - Harry Dresden

"Always, I try to be reasonable, to be fair. I try to talk to people. And no one ever takes it as anything other than weakness... Well, you know what? I can do crazy. I really can." - Gilgamesh Wulfenbach

"Because if someone gets angry all the time, it's really no big deal. But when someone usually doesn't get angry, it's scary." - Takashi Kamiyama

"Demons run when a good man goes to war. Night will fall and drown the sun, when a good man goes to war. Friendship dies and true love lies, night will fall and the dark will rise, when a good man goes to war." - River Song

"Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor

"You're going to LOVE ME!!!" - Fluttershy

"We have to forgive them, to overlook, to forget. Because if we don't, we are tying rocks to our feet, too much for our wings to carry!" - C. Joybell C.

"The true measure of a man is this: how quickly he can respond to the needs of others and how much of himself he can give." - Philip K. d**k

"To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." - Audrey Hepburn

"We all go home or nobody goes home!" - Sergeant Slaughter

"I will be my undoing if I become my obsession." - Abnegation Manifesto

"Hope is a force of nature. Don't let anyone tell you different." - Jim Butcher

"A man without friends is a man without power." - Renly Baratheon

"Not that I care for glory. I just want a story with a happy ending for all." - Ja'far

"I tried carrying the weight of the world. But I only have two hands." - Avicii

"I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain." - Emily Dickinson

"It's not so much staying alive, it's staying human that's important. What counts is that we don't betray each other." - George Orwell

"You cannot save people, you can only love them." - Anais Nin

"He's our friend. If anyone has to kill him, it should be us." - Kaneda

"A good head and a good heart is always a formidable combination." - Nelson Mandela

"We all have bad days, but one thing is true; no cloud is so dark that the sun can't shine through." - Miranda Kerr

"Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring." - St. Catherine of Siena

"You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you." - Inigo Montoya

"Happiness never decreases by being shared." - Unknown

RAVENCLAW!

"The sun is simple. A sword is simple. A storm is simple. Behind everything simple is a huge storm of complicated." - Toad

"There's magic in the wake of a fiasco! Correct! It gives you that chance to second guess! Oh yes! Then up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!" - Grandpa Potts

"I know how things work, where pieces go, what makes things... tick. Like you." - Skylar

"Magic signs, the voices of the dead, building blocks to make wonderful worlds, better than this one, comforters, companions in loneliness. Keepers of secrets, speakers of truth... all those glorious words." - Fenoglio

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin

"I have very little patience for teachers who teach their students things that are wrong." - Hank Green

'It is not reason to never yield to reason!" - Sophocles

"I love (it is better than all fame) to sit quietly by my book, diligently pursuing knowledge." - Ancient Irish Scribe

"If anyone thinks they have a better idea than I do, I wanna hear it. I can't be expected to do all the thinking." - Ender Wiggins

"The two most commonly used elements in the world are hydrogen and stupidity" - Arthur Miller

"Education is not the filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire." - William Butler Yeats

"If you have to ask, you'll never know. Know, you only need to ask." - Helena Ravenclaw

"When you are arguing with a fool, make sure he isn't doing the same thing." - unknown

"Books are the quietest and most consistent of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles William Elliot

"Ignorance is the curse of God, knowledge the wing wherewith we fly to heaven." - Lord Saye

"We read books to find out who we are. It's an essential guide to our understanding of what we ourselves are and may become." - Ursula K. Le Guin

"Please, keep talking. It makes me look so much smarter." - unknown

"The best revenge is massive success." - Frank Sinatra

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis

"Knowledge is the food of the soul." - Plato

"It's always the quiet ones, isn't it?" - Slade

"Knowing your own ignorance is the first step to enlightenment." - Patrick Rothfuss

"I found I could answer every question she asked of me. Some part of me said I should ration myself, but I couldn't help myself. If no one knew the answer, I felt compelled to provide it." - Sydney Sage

"People don't get better. They just get smarter." - Sue Snell

"People who stop learning become the owners of the past. People who still continue to study will be the future owners." - Mario Teguh

"I try to maintain a healthy dose of daydreaming to remain sane." - Florence Welch

"You're alive. That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything. If you change the world, the world will change. Potential." - Silas

"By beauty of course I mean truth, for the one involves the other; it is only the false in art which is ugly, and it is only the ugly that is universal." - William Dean Howells

"Dreams, dreams. I walk them; I live them. I delude myself with them. It's a wonder I can spot reality anymore." - Adrian Ivashkov

"Because we cannot imagine a thing, that does not exclude it from reality." - Hayt

"The beautiful thing about learning is that nobody can take it away from you." - B.B. King

"Some books are so familiar that reading them is like returning home again." - Jo March

"Words can't hold back human curiosity." - Grisha Yeager

"If you look around and see that you're the smartest person in the room, find another room." - Will Wheaton

"Reading's the only thing that allows you to use your imagination." - Lemmy Kilmister