Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Friendly Debate
Westboro Baptist Church Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skinny Legend

Lonely Abductee

9,750 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:58 am
Considered to be one of the most hated churches

If you don't know who they are there website is GodHatesFags.com

I don't agree with the protests they have at funerals or there picketing
What do you think of these people?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:11 am
Dripping Ice Cream
Considered to be one of the most hated churches

If you don't know who they are there website is GodHatesFags.com

I don't agree with the protests they have at funerals or there picketing
What do you think of these people?

They're embarrassing and misguided and probably one of the reasons people hate Christians  

ChibiHigh

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:11 pm
I do not agree with how they've decided to communicate the message, but I know all the verses they're referring to and they're not distorting it. They are being really harsh though. I just don't see the example Jesus gave for us to follow reflected in their behavior (picketing, looking for the most offensive way to communicate something). For the most part, Jesus had conversations with people and avoided pointing the finger right away, using a parable to avoid the accusatory attitude, so people realize for themselves, "oh, I behave that way; that describes me" and the times he was straightforward about a person's sin, he simply told them to leave their sin, he didn't ridicule them in the process.

Quote:
John 8:11 (NIV)

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”

And the apostle Paul in Lystra, when trying to talk them out of their idolatrous ways, he spoke with a sorrow/heartfelt grief: he actually cared, he wasn't interested in deriding people.

Quote:
Acts 14:11-18 (NIV)

11 When the crowd saw what Paul had done, they shouted in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have come down to us in human form!” 12 Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul they called Hermes because he was the chief speaker. 13 The priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought bulls and wreaths to the city gates because he and the crowd wanted to offer sacrifices to them.

14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of this, they tore their clothes and rushed out into the crowd, shouting: 15 “Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them. 16 In the past, he let all nations go their own way. 17 Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.” 18 Even with these words, they had difficulty keeping the crowd from sacrificing to them.

note: when people felt deep agony in the bible, they would tear at their clothes.

I don't see this church crying over people or anything near feeling sad about their demise. At least the clips shown on TV and the picket signs. In interviews when probed and asked to explain themselves, I can tell they do care (I think it was a Tyra interview or maybe Oprah that I saw online on YouTube), but they get so angry over sin that it's hard to see this caring side, but it's in there.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:00 am
Those people claim that God is vengeful and hates America, and all the people in its land.

If that were true, why then did Jesus die for our sins? That act alone was the greatest act of forgiveness God has shown us.
Too preach a hateful God and still believe in Jesus Christ his only son, baffles me.  

ChuckBreezy

Hygienic Smoker

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Shpleck
Those people claim that God is vengeful and hates America, and all the people in its land.

If that were true, why then did Jesus die for our sins? That act alone was the greatest act of forgiveness God has shown us.
Too preach a hateful God and still believe in Jesus Christ his only son, baffles me.

Jesus died for our sins precisely because God is vengeful. I don't know what you mean by saying "IF" that were true.
Jesus will be wrathful too, upon his return, for those who do not repent of their sins:

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10 (NIV)

6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Their delivery is the problem, but there's nothing wrong with their theological message: yes, God hates sin and hates sinners (Proverbs 6:16-19), he won't listen to sinners unless they are repenting (John 9:31; 1 John 1:9; 2 Chronicles 7:14). We need to repent of our wicked ways. They generalize that God hates our nation, but, obviously, they're not referring to themselves (who also qualify as "people in its land"). Nor are they including the righteous remnant who follows God's will. But if it acts like Sodom, it's Sodom. He hated Sodom, but he didn't hate Lot. I don't mean to come across as harsh, but judge righteous judgment. I know they're hated and easy to hate, but we can't deny that biblically, in terms of God's hatred of sin, they are correct.  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:54 pm
real eyes realize
Shpleck

Jesus died for our sins precisely because God is vengeful. I don't know what you mean by saying "IF" that were true.
Jesus will be wrathful too, upon his return, for those who do not repent of their sins:

6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Their delivery is the problem, but there's nothing wrong with their theological message: yes, God hates sin and hates sinners (Proverbs 6:16-19), he won't listen to sinners unless they are repenting (John 9:31; 1 John 1:9; 2 Chronicles 7:14). We need to repent of our wicked ways. They generalize that God hates our nation, but, obviously, they're not referring to themselves (who also qualify as "people in its land"). Nor are they including the righteous remnant who follows God's will. But if it acts like Sodom, it's Sodom. He hated Sodom, but he didn't hate Lot. I don't mean to come across as harsh, but judge righteous judgment. I know they're hated and easy to hate, but we can't deny that biblically, in terms of God's hatred of sin, they are correct.

I guess I can agree with you, most especially how their delivery is poor.
But Jesus taught us Love and Forgivness, it is not our place to judge the wicked. That is a job for God, and no other.  

ChuckBreezy

Hygienic Smoker

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:46 pm
Shpleck
real eyes realize
Shpleck

But Jesus taught us Love and Forgivness, it is not our place to judge the wicked. That is a job for God, and no other.

True:

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (NIV)

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[a]

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 5:13 Deut. 13:5; 17:7; 19:19; 21:21; 22:21,24; 24:7

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:12 pm
real eyes realize
Shpleck
real eyes realize
Shpleck

True:

1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (NIV)

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”[a]

Footnotes:

a. 1 Corinthians 5:13 Deut. 13:5; 17:7; 19:19; 21:21; 22:21,24; 24:7
I like your style  

ChuckBreezy

Hygienic Smoker

NazareneNerd

Blessed Duelist

7,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:24 pm
real eyes realize
Their delivery is the problem, but there's nothing wrong with their theological message: yes, God hates sin and hates sinners

Woah Woah Woah there, God does NOT hate ANYONE, he LOVES EVERYONE. He told us to love thy neighbor as thyself. That means even if that neighbor is in sin. If God tells us to love everyone yet He doesn't wouldn't that make him hypocritical? Which he isn't. Yes God hates the SIN not the sinner. He loves everyone. He wants US to go and preach His word to bring those in sin out of it. EVERYTHING is wrong with their theological message. They are as bad as the KKK. They are spreading a hate message around. God doesn't hate "fags" He loves them, he wants them out of the sin they are in and repent. True He won't answer their prayers but He WILL answer the prayers that are for them. I'm not condoning homosexuality, it IS wrong, but if we pray enough for our loved ones, He will answer prayer. So bottom line is the west boro baptist church isn't a church at all, rather it's a hateful cult against anyone who they think is wrong. They will even hate you if you're for our soldiers. What you are saying is completely wrong.
EDIT: Gods term of hate isn't the same as ours. (and west boro baptist church's) It wasn't an emotional hate, it was a judgement hate.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:57 pm
_JesusFreak13227_
real eyes realize
Their delivery is the problem, but there's nothing wrong with their theological message: yes, God hates sin and hates sinners

Woah Woah Woah there, God does NOT hate ANYONE, he LOVES EVERYONE. He told us to love thy neighbor as thyself. That means even if that neighbor is in sin. If God tells us to love everyone yet He doesn't wouldn't that make him hypocritical? Which he isn't. Yes God hates the SIN not the sinner. He loves everyone. He wants US to go and preach His word to bring those in sin out of it. EVERYTHING is wrong with their theological message. They are as bad as the KKK. They are spreading a hate message around. God doesn't hate "fags" He loves them, he wants them out of the sin they are in and repent. True He won't answer their prayers but He WILL answer the prayers that are for them. I'm not condoning homosexuality, it IS wrong, but if we pray enough for our loved ones, He will answer prayer. So bottom line is the west boro baptist church isn't a church at all, rather it's a hateful cult against anyone who they think is wrong. They will even hate you if you're for our soldiers. What you are saying is completely wrong.
EDIT: Gods term of hate isn't the same as ours. (and west boro baptist church's) It wasn't an emotional hate, it was a judgement hate.

I can agree with this. God doesn't hate sinners. We are ALL sinners regardless of whether you are a follower or not. So basically you would be sayong God hates all of us? No. God hates the sin, but God loves and weeps for us because he wants to be with us. And I don't believe God is vengeful. Thats a sin in itself  

ChibiHigh

NazareneNerd

Blessed Duelist

7,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:28 pm
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
real eyes realize

I can agree with this. God doesn't hate sinners. We are ALL sinners regardless of whether you are a follower or not. So basically you would be sayong God hates all of us? No. God hates the sin, but God loves and weeps for us because he wants to be with us. And I don't believe God is vengeful. Thats a sin in itself

Well actually God is a vengeful God, it also says he is a jealous God, and he does get angry. It does say in the bible he "hated" Esau and loved Jacob, in that term he meant that Jerusalem would come from Jacobs family line. God's hate didn't mean our emotional hate today, it was a judgmental hate that was saying I chose him and not you. And with the vengeful God, yeah, if you did wrong God was going to punish you. He certainly punished the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. And with the ark of the covenant, the man that JUST touched it to make sure it didn't fall off the wagon. One they weren't carrying it the way God told them too, and he said NO ONE is to touch it. He killed that man on the spot. If you don't Obey Gods word, you will be punished for it.
EDIT: And if someone says that you sin everyday whether you want to or not, that isn't true. We have the choice to sin, and yeah we occasionally mess up. That doesn't mean we all ARE sinners in the sense of non-saved Christians. Know the difference.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:14 pm
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
real eyes realize

Well actually God is a vengeful God, it also says he is a jealous God, and he does get angry. It does say in the bible he "hated" Esau and loved Jacob, in that term he meant that Jerusalem would come from Jacobs family line. God's hate didn't mean our emotional hate today, it was a judgmental hate that was saying I chose him and not you. And with the vengeful God, yeah, if you did wrong God was going to punish you. He certainly punished the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. And with the ark of the covenant, the man that JUST touched it to make sure it didn't fall off the wagon. One they weren't carrying it the way God told them too, and he said NO ONE is to touch it. He killed that man on the spot. If you don't Obey Gods word, you will be punished for it.
EDIT: And if someone says that you sin everyday whether you want to or not, that isn't true. We have the choice to sin, and yeah we occasionally mess up. That doesn't mean we all ARE sinners in the sense of non-saved Christians. Know the difference.

That was the old testament, he did those things to make a poit. Since we're not talking about actual hate and vengeance use a different term. I never said we were all sinners as in non saved Christians. God doesn't hate non Christians. He wants to save them, he just hates the sin. Plus you are contradicting your self  

ChibiHigh

NazareneNerd

Blessed Duelist

7,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:49 pm
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
real eyes realize

That was the old testament, he did those things to make a point. Since we're not talking about actual hate and vengeance use a different term. I never said we were all sinners as in non saved Christians. God doesn't hate non Christians. He wants to save them, he just hates the sin. Plus you are contradicting your self

How am I contradicting myself? I simply said God does not HATE anyone, (such as the ignorant bafoons from the west boro baptist church) but He did say He hated Esau as in a judgment. And with the old testament, look at the holocaust for example. Do you really think God would have let that happen to His chosen people if it weren't for a reason. He could have stopped it. But in that time the Jews were really getting away from Gods teachings. I believe He let it happen as a judgment for not living the way they should have been and to protect the younger generations from the wrong teachings. Just look at Noah and the flood, same thing. Demons would take the form of humans (by satans command) and impregnate women to taint Adam's blood line. Thus where giants came from. God wasn't going to let that happen and took the few who still believed and had Adams bloodline (Which was Noah and his family, because Jesus had to be straight from Adams bloodline) and He wiped out the entire earth. That's not just making a point to certain people. He spared no one but Noah and his family. God's hate term and our emotional hate have two different meanings. Yes God wants to save all people but He still punishes people today for doing wrong. Do you really think that the rapid growth in HIV/AIDS growing in the homosexual community is a coincidence? probably not.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:13 am
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
real eyes realize

That was the old testament, he did those things to make a point. Since we're not talking about actual hate and vengeance use a different term. I never said we were all sinners as in non saved Christians. God doesn't hate non Christians. He wants to save them, he just hates the sin. Plus you are contradicting your self

How am I contradicting myself? I simply said God does not HATE anyone, (such as the ignorant bafoons from the west boro baptist church) but He did say He hated Esau as in a judgment. And with the old testament, look at the holocaust for example. Do you really think God would have let that happen to His chosen people if it weren't for a reason. He could have stopped it. But in that time the Jews were really getting away from Gods teachings. I believe He let it happen as a judgment for not living the way they should have been and to protect the younger generations from the wrong teachings. Just look at Noah and the flood, same thing. Demons would take the form of humans (by satans command) and impregnate women to taint Adam's blood line. Thus where giants came from. God wasn't going to let that happen and took the few who still believed and had Adams bloodline (Which was Noah and his family, because Jesus had to be straight from Adams bloodline) and He wiped out the entire earth. That's not just making a point to certain people. He spared no one but Noah and his family. God's hate term and our emotional hate have two different meanings. Yes God wants to save all people but He still punishes people today for doing wrong. Do you really think that the rapid growth in HIV/AIDS growing in the homosexual community is a coincidence? probably not.

? When did i ever talk about HIV/AIDS being a coincidence, what does that have to do with anything. And the Jews have always and will always face hardships because of their actions in the Bible.  

ChibiHigh

NazareneNerd

Blessed Duelist

7,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:20 am
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh
_JesusFreak13227_
ChibiHigh

? When did i ever talk about HIV/AIDS being a coincidence, what does that have to do with anything. And the Jews have always and will always face hardships because of their actions in the Bible.

It has to do with God's harsh judgement. It's a punishment to the homosexual community (not all of them but a lot of them) for living the wrong way. And yeah I'm saying that God let the holocaust happen because of their wrong doing. Everything I said ALL ties into the same thing. God is a vengeful God if you don't live by His word. I mean he may not always punish those who do wrong. The rain falls on the just the same as the unjust.  
Friendly Debate

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff