Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Scientists search the internet for evidence of time traveler

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:49 pm
User Image

Scientists search the internet for evidence of time travelers

I don't believe time travel, as most people think of it is possible.
In the spirit, it is possible to see future events if they are presented to
you by God, but think of the ramifications of time travel undertaken by a person on their own volition. What events a person with evil intents could cause, or prevent from happening.

Revelation 17:3
So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 pm
I think time travel is fun to think about, but only in a fictional aspect. I agree, I don't think it's really possible and to conduct actual research is rather silly. That article was too funny, because even if time travel were possible, they're basing their research on a fairly weak theory. If somebody were a time traveler, I highly doubt they would be making forum posts or search the internet about future events.

But yeah, I really don't think time travel is actually possible, other than what you said. I think God designs his plans too well to let us humans muddle them up with time travel. Even a well-meaning person could change history with terrible ramifications.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 pm
Jewelies
I think time travel is fun to think about, but only in a fictional aspect. I agree, I don't think it's really possible and to conduct actual research is rather silly. That article was too funny, because even if time travel were possible, they're basing their research on a fairly weak theory. If somebody were a time traveler, I highly doubt they would be making forum posts or search the internet about future events.

But yeah, I really don't think time travel is actually possible, other than what you said. I think God designs his plans too well to let us humans muddle them up with time travel. Even a well-meaning person could change history with terrible ramifications.

Same here! Back to the Future is one of my favorite movies. But it is only fun as fiction and entertainment. I would not want anyone to be able to travel in time. The future they, those who think time travel is possible see these travelers coming from I think is more advanced, and developed than our present time, and I think that is some of the appeal. For someone who is a Christian there is also the matter of if we would we want someone to come from the future, seeing that we are able to from the near future through prophecy is not good.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:48 pm
Time travel is definitely fun as entertainment. It makes you think, which is one of my favorite hobbies. smile I love watching Doctor Who. Time traveling aliens? Yes please, but not in reality. No, in reality, there is only inside of time and outside of time. God created time, so it's hard for us to think about anything being outside of time as it is.

Time traveling? Not possible. To be inside of the restrictions of time, means to be inside of time, to exist inside of time with that set timeline until the day you die. Some may say dream big, but look at teleportation. It truly can't be done. You're destroyed, and a copy of you is placed at the other end. Fun to think about, but the ramifications of that are just dizzying to think about in reality.  

Abundant Merci

Questionable Inquisitor

8,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Inquisitor 200
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items