Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
BDSM and the LGBT Lifestyle Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeterna-Imperium

Wheezing Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:16 am
Greetings! whee heart

After almost a week of being very very sick, I am now well enough to communicate with others again. gonk

I was interested in how many people identified here in the BDSM community, if at all? I am a member of Fetlife and the people on there have been less than accepting of my identity and I'm really getting burnt out. stare

Anyway, feel free to discuss BDSM life here. No judgement or harassment allowed, but that is a given. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:35 am
people are too obsessed with labelling everyone in communities like that.

It's worse than the general vanilla/straight community when it comes to accepting people.  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200

Gummy burrs

Ghostly Regular

14,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:54 pm
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

I know very very little about BDSM and how people do partake in BDSM view it, and I'd like to read more of other people's insights on it. Personally, I get more pleasure from the intimacy of sex than I do on the act of sex....and I get that people get more pleasure out of BDSM than regular sex, but I do not know why. Each person experiences it differently due to different reasons, so I don't think a generalized answer would fully answer question.

There are a few threads in LD that'll probably give me some insight.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:03 am
AmeliaParadox

It's worse than the general vanilla/straight community when it comes to accepting people.

Labeling has its place. Labels are also useful, when I go to the store and I specifically want tomato soup, you bet I am going to look at labels. When I am feeling more aloof about it all, I may choose a soup at random not caring about labels. Labels help us as humans discern what it is we want/like from what it is we don't want/like.

I would say the BDSM community is no more or less likely to be accepting of LGBT folk than vanillia community as its pretty much just a random sampling of population. I am sorry if you have had a shitty experience and know not all people are cuntwads. sweatdrop

AeternaServus

Ahoy. I run the BDSM Support Thread located within the LD here on Gaia and I am also active in the lifestyle. I identify as a bottom heavy switch, and currently have two play partners one my Dom the other a Top I have deep respect for.

I have a Fetlife but I don't use it sweatdrop How are people not accepting you?  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

Aeterna-Imperium

Wheezing Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:43 pm
Blackrose_Knight
AmeliaParadox

Labeling has its place. Labels are also useful, when I go to the store and I specifically want tomato soup, you bet I am going to look at labels. When I am feeling more aloof about it all, I may choose a soup at random not caring about labels. Labels help us as humans discern what it is we want/like from what it is we don't want/like.

I would say the BDSM community is no more or less likely to be accepting of LGBT folk than vanillia community as its pretty much just a random sampling of population. I am sorry if you have had a shitty experience and know not all people are cuntwads. sweatdrop

AeternaServus

Ahoy. I run the BDSM Support Thread located within the LD here on Gaia and I am also active in the lifestyle. I identify as a bottom heavy switch, and currently have two play partners one my Dom the other a Top I have deep respect for.

I have a Fetlife but I don't use it sweatdrop How are people not accepting you?

I get a lot of people telling me how "hot" and "attractive" I am based on my photos but not respecting my male identity. A Dom who messaged me in mid-December said he would like to own me and do some rope play, however after he realized I am still going to continue my hormone therapy to further my male transition, he chickened out, but said he still wanted to "enjoy my body" which is honestly really offensive to me as a trans-male.

There are also some other very mentally unstable people on there who occasionally send me really threatening messages for no real reason, such as last night, someone's wife messaged me, telling me how toxic of a person I am and that she hopes everything terrible happens to me so I can't survive as well as her opinion that I should stay off the transgendered forums because no one wants to listen to what I have to say, and I really have no idea who they are other than they are the wife of someone that I had been looking out for because I am not currently strong enough to own or train someone right now. I'm just looking for a Master to help get my life a bit less hectic.

I am a Sswitch, but very naturally a servant. I think another good term for me would be a "Service Master." I would prefer to serve and be owned, but if it serves a positive purpose, I will own someone and train them until I am not wanted or desired.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:23 pm
im a bit into bdsm, hubby and i are still somewhat new to it and havent tried anything too crazy yet. im not involved with any communities online but i do talk to some people in real life who are also into it  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:47 pm
AeternaServus

I get a lot of people telling me how "hot" and "attractive" I am based on my photos but not respecting my male identity. A Dom who messaged me in mid-December said he would like to own me and do some rope play, however after he realized I am still going to continue my hormone therapy to further my male transition, he chickened out, but said he still wanted to "enjoy my body" which is honestly really offensive to me as a trans-male.

There are also some other very mentally unstable people on there who occasionally send me really threatening messages for no real reason, such as last night, someone's wife messaged me, telling me how toxic of a person I am and that she hopes everything terrible happens to me so I can't survive as well as her opinion that I should stay off the transgendered forums because no one wants to listen to what I have to say, and I really have no idea who they are other than they are the wife of someone that I had been looking out for because I am not currently strong enough to own or train someone right now. I'm just looking for a Master to help get my life a bit less hectic.

I am a Sswitch, but very naturally a servant. I think another good term for me would be a "Service Master." I would prefer to serve and be owned, but if it serves a positive purpose, I will own someone and train them until I am not wanted or desired.
Christ on a stick. That sounds lovely. rolleyes Block and report that kind of garbage should be removed from Fetlife. I am so sorry that bullshit is going down. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 pm
AeternaServus

And that's where I can relate, but sorta backwards. have people telling me all these wonderful things, and the standard sets of compliments men give, then BOOM "by the way I am trans"

No longer a female in these peoples eyes. Maybe a trans female, but not a female. then kinda get segregated to just hang out with all the crossdressers or what ever else is there. it's insulting.

I know some people like to identify like that, but I don't.

Edit: and as for the trans community, they are really nasty most of the time sad  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200

Aeterna-Imperium

Wheezing Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:37 pm
AmeliaParadox
AeternaServus

And that's where I can relate, but sorta backwards. have people telling me all these wonderful things, and the standard sets of compliments men give, then BOOM "by the way I am trans"

No longer a female in these peoples eyes. Maybe a trans female, but not a female. then kinda get segregated to just hang out with all the crossdressers or what ever else is there. it's insulting.

I know some people like to identify like that, but I don't.

Edit: and as for the trans community, they are really nasty most of the time sad

-hugs- Well I'm always up for a chat if you wanna talk about anything that ails you. smile I'd like to consider myself one of the most open-minded people you'll meet. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:39 pm
Blackrose_Knight
AeternaServus

Christ on a stick. That sounds lovely. rolleyes Block and report that kind of garbage should be removed from Fetlife. I am so sorry that bullshit is going down. gonk

It's all good. I ended up just removing myself from Fetlife cause I was really burnt out on that s**t happening everyday. I prefer to enhance my BDSM skills offline anyway. wink  

Aeterna-Imperium

Wheezing Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200

Aeterna-Imperium

Wheezing Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:40 pm
Shanna66
im a bit into bdsm, hubby and i are still somewhat new to it and havent tried anything too crazy yet. im not involved with any communities online but i do talk to some people in real life who are also into it

Nice to meet you. smile Sorry for the late reply; been dealing with a lot of medical crap. Had a partial root canal this morning. @_@;;  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:14 pm
AeternaServus
Shanna66

Nice to meet you. smile Sorry for the late reply; been dealing with a lot of medical crap. Had a partial root canal this morning. @_@;;

ouch! how are you feeling?  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Aeterna-Imperium

Wheezing Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:50 pm
Shanna66
AeternaServus
Shanna66

ouch! how are you feeling?

Waking up really sucks. It also seems to get worse at night too. Other than that, I've been fairly productive today with cleaning and cooking. Marinated two steaks and will continue marinating them until tomorrow evening, and then made some chicken and rice casserole that turned out pretty tasty.

Mentally, I've been drained and depressed but I suppose health issues will do that. Especially when there are not many friends to talk to. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:37 pm
never surrender your will until you find someone that will make you.  

RoRo-Rolando-Romero

Partying Phantom

9,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Aeterna-Imperium

Wheezing Smoker

1,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:07 pm
RoRo-Rolando-Romero
never surrender your will until you find someone that will make you.
I think I have that covered. whee  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces