Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
Liberal 'Christianity' and its Dangers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 pm
"Liberal 'Christianity' and its Dangers" | War of the Worldviews

[Working link April 8th 2016. Please notify us of broken links and inaccurate content.]  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:37 am
Nice choice of a vid by The Apologetics Group on LaneCh. Both great resources! I had never seen that particular video before. Thank you... I enjoyed watching it.  

SolaceSerenitySerendipity

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:42 am
Nice choice of a vid by The Apologetics Group on LaneCh. Both great resources! I had never seen that particular video before. Thank you... I enjoyed watching it.

I am doing some research for cults, for my own sake, and this video came up in connection with another they had made on how to see what is a cult using the Bible as a standard. How cults add, subtract, multiply and divide from the word of God. Thank you for telling me that it has been watched. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:45 am
Garland-Green

I am doing some research for cults, for my own sake, and this video came up in connection with another they had made on how to see what is a cult using the Bible as a standard. How cults add, subtract, multiply and divide from the word of God. Thank you for telling me that it has been watched. ^^

Study of the cultic Christian-like groups is certainly a worthy pursuit, but I pray it does not burden your heart... I know it can become wearisome at times, even if such study is necessary. Lord bless!  

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:53 am
Garland-Green

Study of the cultic Christian-like groups is certainly a worthy pursuit, but I pray it does not burden your heart... I know it can become wearisome at times, even if such study is necessary. Lord bless!

It is sad... I was deceived myself. Very deceived by New Age ideas before I was saved, so I really feel a need, and an urge to educate myself, in case I come across someone trapped in deception. In case I can do something.
The terminology is so similar to orthodox Christianity in certain cults, that it can be hard know that they are in a cult, unless you know that they have re-interpreted the terminology to fit their own view.

God bless you my brother!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:03 am
Garland-Green
Garland-Green

It is sad... I was deceived myself. Very deceived by New Age ideas before I was saved, so I really feel a need, and an urge to educate myself, in case I come across someone trapped in deception. In case I can do something.
The terminology is so similar to orthodox Christianity in certain cults, that it can be hard know that they are in a cult, unless you know that they have re-interpreted the terminology to fit their own view.

God bless you my brother!

We were all in darkness before we were saved.
I totally hear you about the "terminology"... it is a major key of deception in cults. Same lingo, different meaning underlying.  

Gracious Flatterer

6,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items