• Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 pm
So there's a user sending this to gaians through PM recently ~
Quote:
© Copyright 2003 - 2014 Gaia Interactive, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Attention user,
We are sorry to inform you that your account has been brought to our attention.Your account has been REPORTED and needs to be investigated for further information. Like any other Gaian Administrator, we don't normally ask for this information but to clear your report we must.You will be asked a few questions to verify that this is your account.Please fill out the information requested .If you were offline when you received this message ,you have been given 10 minutes to reply to this message as of the time you logged in or this report will not be able to pass the maintenance.
IF YOU IGNORE THIS MESSAGE YOU WILL BE BANNED

User name :

Watchword :

Watchword :

Email :

Date of Birth : / /

*REMEMBER*TYPE THE INFORMATION ABOVE WITH A SPACE BETWEEN EACH LETTER ex:g n a r u t o<
Please do not submit PM reports for swearing, attitude or issues not covered in the Gaia Online ToS. Additionally please DO NOT submit this form multiple times ,abuse this reporting tool, or spam this form with meaningless information. Thank you for your cooperation.Sorry for the disturbance.

-Gaia report:456.764.239.6231

I'm just posting this here just in case somebody gets it ~  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 pm
I've had quite a few similar ones, such as claiming your account has been hacked or for botting. So whenever I get one, I quickly report them ASAP. Hate it when those dirtbags randomly do that! Grr! >_<#  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

Yuki_Windira

Crew

Spoopy Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:32 pm
You'd think people would pay attention to the fact that Gaia never asks for Passwords or use their heads..>.>;  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:50 pm
I know :c But they still manage to trick people. This one tricked a few people until the bad punctuation was pointed out. The word "watchword" instead of "password" was a new one though.  

Albondigas

Feral Kitten

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Kitty Seirei

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:52 pm
Thank you for sending out the warning, I don't understand why people try to ruin others enjoyments for sites and games like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:58 pm
I recieved a smilar PM today asking for me to change not only the password to my gaia account, but to my e-mail account as well.

Be aware guys! Mods don't ask for passwords!

Darkness Dragons Revenge
Crew

Loyal Mage

19,750 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:12 pm
I got a similar one to this and I reported it. It asked me to change both my Gaia password and my Email password. And a warning to you all it may look legit, but mods NEVER ask for any personal info! It is a scam if it does. Be careful everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:00 pm
They can't even get all their punctuation in order. It's a bit sloppy. Also...watchword. xD  

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Albondigas

Feral Kitten

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:02 pm
Blind Blindness
They can't even get all their punctuation in order. It's a bit sloppy. Also...watchword. xD
The watchword thing was interesting .I wonder where they got that from ~  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:02 am
Makes me think of this old pop-up window I kept getting on Gaia a year or two ago. Kept demanding that I sign back in. ^>_o>  

Wakaji

Peculiar Wolf

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:50 am
I got hacked a couple years ago, actually. I had clicked a link and well there you go. Had to send in a report. Luckily I knew who the user was and I received my 400k back along with a missing item.  
Randomness is a Virtue!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games