Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Envision a world without labels

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrostedVenom

Shy Seeker

6,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:09 pm
In this world I wouldn't have to worry about the labels other people give me. I wouldn't have to worry about where I lie on the LGBTS spectrum. The ways people perceive me don't bother me at all. Or at least that's what I tell myself when others say that it would be gay or disgusting to have feelings for a certain group of people. I told one of my closest friends that I like transgendered girls. He told me that was disgusting. But I felt quite the opposite. It really upset me because I think that these girls are really beautiful people and shouldn't be treated any differently.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:03 am
The way I see it, if you like "trans girls" they are just girls, just means you are straight and open minded, don't over think it. 99% of the guys that have liked me have been straight (other 1% being bi) cat_3nodding  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:39 am
You don't have to imagine this world, you can make it YOUR reality.

If you don't want to live with labels then don't.

Sure, it's much easier said than done but if you really think about it, why can't you?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:08 pm
AmeliaParadox
The way I see it, if you like "trans girls" they are just girls, just means you are straight and open minded, don't over think it. 99% of the guys that have liked me have been straight (other 1% being bi) cat_3nodding

That is exactly where im getting at ^^ that friend of mine is a good guy, just not very accepting of everyone. I for one know you're still girls. It just irritates me that he thinks that way.  

FrostedVenom

Shy Seeker

6,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrostedVenom

Shy Seeker

6,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:10 pm
Der Fluch des Pharao
You don't have to imagine this world, you can make it YOUR reality.

If you don't want to live with labels then don't.

Sure, it's much easier said than done but if you really think about it, why can't you?

That's a good point, well said.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:23 pm
The only labels I accept are the ones I make for myself.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:30 pm
The world without labels would be mighty confusing. gonk

I envision a world where people don't abuse the use of labels and understand that labels are inherently faulty and cannot encompass everything. Cause come on, the labels aren't the problem, the misuse of them is.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:08 pm
Blackrose_Knight

I envision a world where people don't abuse the use of labels and understand that labels are inherently faulty and cannot encompass everything. Cause come on, the labels aren't the problem, the misuse of them is.

^This!

Labels are like adjectives, they provide detail and description and are pretty important when it comes to communicating clearly and effectively. The way they are used in some contexts may be problematic, but the labels themselves are not the issue.  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

FrostedVenom

Shy Seeker

6,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:59 pm
Blackrose_Knight

That is exactly what I meant, think I worded my paragraph wrong but yes!! That's what I mean.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games