Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Christian apologetics
Memes & Mockery Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voxbury

Dapper Citizen

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:35 pm
I think it's only fair to point out that you've not posted a single example in those memes of Christians being mocked. Generally speaking, those with good critical thinking skills try less to mock a person, as that's not supremely productive. Ideas, however, are always open to criticism of all kinds, even if those who subscribe to those ideas are offended. It's the idea being attacked, no matter how harshly, not the adherent, in every one of the examples that were posted in this thread.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:10 pm
Kytrix
I think it's only fair to point out that you've not posted a single example in those memes of Christians being mocked. Generally speaking, those with good critical thinking skills try less to mock a person, as that's not supremely productive. Ideas, however, are always open to criticism of all kinds, even if those who subscribe to those ideas are offended. It's the idea being attacked, no matter how harshly, not the adherent, in every one of the examples that were posted in this thread.

That is where Christians and the world disagree. We believe that it is beneficial to be a little humble when trying to convey what we believe, and being respectful not to hurt someone as far as it depends on us. We realize idea are more than just ideas. They define a person, and shapes his or hers view of the world and themselves. Christians are indirectly being mocked with these memes. What I mean by that is though the memes don't openly say so they are made in a way that is aimed at belittling. All of these memes are being deceptive, making straw man arguments (whether it is intentional or not I can't tell) in order to be as offensive as possible to whoever believe in what these memes twist/misrepresent to make a joke.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Christian apologetics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas