Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Does God disapprove of those who...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheerfully Rotten

Timid Streaker

8,200 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:49 pm
...are homosexual but due to sexual assault?

Personally, I do not view it to be wrong, but not necessarily acceptable as much of the bible points against it and I am all for balance within the universe(-as obviously man and woman are polar opposites and can only reproduce with eachother). However, that balance includes diversity among people and I believe that people should love and marry whoever they love. It does not mean that they are committing more sins than others.. heterosexuals often have sex before marriage, too, for example.

Back to the point, God still condemns homosexuality-which I acknowledge and fully accept from a religious standpoint because that is what He teaches. Anyway, not to say that homosexuals have a choice on the matter as most never do, but what about those who before may have considered themselves "straight" but no longer are due to traumatic experience and can't change it no matter what?
Obviously a preference to the same gender and a repulsive sensation towards the opposite gender can't just be "cured" or converted from such corruption psychologically. Would he at least give these people some "slack"?

Please let me know your opinions as they are each a great help. I am curious to hear everybody's perspective, so say whatever is on your mind.
Thank you! ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:34 pm
Sin is sin in God's eyes and it doesn't really matter if you, say, told a lie or murdered someone in their sleep. It all causes us to fall short of the glory of God. This is why we need Jesus as our savior, because without him even the best person on Earth would still have no hope for salvation.

Homosexuality is a sin, and I don't really think it matters if it comes from trauma or otherwise. More than likely if you act out in homosexuality over a deep hurt, you haven't actually healed from that hurt. Therefore, you cannot be healed from homosexuality until you allow God to heal you of that hurt.

That's the key, though. You have to be willing to be healed. It's when we are willing to admit that we are wrong, and ask God to help us that he meets us where we're at. We have to honestly want him to change us and be willing to work on the recovery process. I don't say this in a chastising manner, though, so please don't think that. Believe me, there have been more than enough things in my life that I have had to allow God to heal me of or work me through. It wasn't until I completely surrendered and allowed him to help me that I was able to work through some of the hardest issues I had in my life.  

Jewelies

Friendly Survivor

King Shining Heaven

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:22 pm
If I'm correct, God condemns the acts of homosexuality, not feelings of homosexuality; if you believe yourself to be a homosexual and have not acted on that lust, then you have not sinned  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:27 am
I would consider it similarly like this:
A son being raised in a very harsh environment; then he grows up to be harsh and start murdering. Is his murder justified due to the past trauma and harsh environment? NO

I agree with Jewelies that sin is sin.
Yes, that includes murder, homosexual and heterosexual with sex before marriages too.

In your case, homosexual can not forgive past trauma from opposing gender.
The key is to be willing to be healed of any past bitterness/hurt. Of course, it is not easy, but it is possible!

Ephesians 4:31-32 ESV
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

If we can't forgive others, we haven't fully comprehend God's grace while we were still sinner.

Romans 3:23-24 (NIV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 12:17-21 ESV
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:42 pm
To add to the others, it doesn't matter what causes a predisposition, a behavior and motive will still be wrong. If a person is predisposed to alcoholism because of their family and they see drug abuse, it's still wrong to be an abusive alcoholic. Or if they inherit a bad temperament blowing off the handle and getting mad at people is the same because we don't exist in a vacuum. Well for people that engages in homosexuality it is the same. It is very sad that they had to deal with that and they need to get counseling and ask good for help with with past sexual abuse, but that doesn't excuse their current behavior.  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games