User Image

Produced in 1999.

In Jerusalem, a rabbi named Rostenburg is using software he designed to decode seventy eschatological prophecies hidden within the Torah.

A fairly good movie, with decent acting. The Antichrist use the codes our poor rabbi, who before he dies reads a code translated which reads; "Rabbi Rostenburg, gone to God", manage to decode from the Torah, to bring about his rule on Earth. He starts of as a man, just using the codes as a blueprint for world domination, not from what I gather being possessed by Satan until his trusted assassin/prophet shoots him in the head, allowing some thing to take over his body. Looking at it with the Bible in mind, there are no needs for codes to reveal anything to us, since it is all there in the open. Though the Bible doesn't give us a name, it gives us a list of checkpoints that we could cross off to see what fits. There is no need to look for secret codes. The movie uses more or less direct quotes from the Book of Daniel. When Alexander (the name of the Antichrist in the movie) came to power he did not persecute Christians, as we know from Revelation that he will. The big saving point for the movie I think was when Alexander was destroyed by Jesus second coming. A huge blast of bright blue light seen from space, expanding from a point, like an explosion, but changing the world as it expanded. It was quite awesome. I could almost picture in my mind Jesus' foot touching on the very stone that he left. The light eventually fades to the printer in Alexander's facility, the output tray of which bears a freshly-printed page with Rostenburg's final code, deciphered as follows: "0000...Dawn of New Millennium".

2 Thessalonians 2:8
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.

A side note, and a prediction. The Book of Daniel will probably be very popular during the end time, since it will be unfolding, and alive to the people living during the tribulation in a way it is not for us now. There will be no need for code cracking.